PDA

View Full Version : Sigmar's force from the Warriors of Chaos

The Anarchist
28-03-2011, 19:17
I've been toying with the idea for a while of creating an army to represent Sigmar at the time of his unification of the early Empire. I planned to start with Sigmar as an Exalted hero and as time progress's make to a Chaos lord. however I must also consider what units would people consider being unacceptable from the warriors of chaos list?
I would intend to not use Forsaken, Ogres, Dragon Ogres and Trolls. furthermore i would remove Dragon Shaggth, Chaos Spawn and Giant from acceptable options.
As to the regiments i leave to choose from justification would be nessecary; Maurders and their Horsemen seem self obvious as the general tribesmen of Sigmars united force. Warriors are Sigmars Ubergons in Dwarf-made-plate and Chaos knights and Chariot would again be Sigmars chosen men on horse in Dwarf-made-plate. Chosen i wanted to put a slight spin on and have as modified dwarven Hammers sent from King Ironnbeard.
When it comes to Hellcannons and warshrine I'm a little unsure as to what to do. I was tempted to convert a great cannon such as the Bombass created by the Turkish empires such as the ones used at the seige of Constantinople (modern Istanbull) however i would be unsure how to match such a cannon with the demonic rampage and bound deamon rules? so does anyone ahve suggestions or should i keep this as meerly a show peice rather than an actual army unit.
with warshrines I've always kinda of liked the idea but been unsure how to go about it, until i ironicly saw a street preacher in Afghanistan. I'm now tempted to create a palaquin with a few preists of Ulric on exhorting the forces of Sigmar on? what do people think of this or Am i jsut trying toabuse the list and spirt of game with such an idea to get War Shrines into my list?

any further suggestions or comments/advice on this project would be nice. Also anyone got few good suggestions for a convesion basis to make sigmar?

Quinn
29-03-2011, 00:30
This is a very interesting idea, would like to see it. I think you can pull off the Warshrine without a problem. The Hellcannon will be a bit tougher to justify. Although, you really don't need it to be competitive.
As far as models go, the Mounted Valten model isn't bad or some of the old Storm of Chaos Ulric figures might be converted.
You might also consider doing the Chariots as the Warrior-Queens(I can't remember her name or tribe) forces. I can see some great conversion opportunities there.

The Anarchist
29-03-2011, 01:05
maybe will leave out the chaos cannon then, i did want to put in some form of huntsmen, but will settle for maurders on horseback I think. Have got someof the Boyar figures from the Kislev army that will be using and will be converting Ar-Ulric jsut because i love the model into something.
Love the idea of using the chariots as somethig like that. I've not yet read the Sigmar books but they are on the list so when back from deployment will be getting onto them for futher ideas

The bearded one
29-03-2011, 01:07
The early empire was supported and aided by the dwarfs. You could justify using the hellcannon ( but a less creepy and grimdark version ) as dwarven support.

But Sigmar an exhalted hero? Heresy! Heresy!

He should start out as a chaos lord minimum :p

Leogun_91
29-03-2011, 08:49
Be very light on heavily armoured options, the Empire at Sigmars time had just started using Iron and Chaos Armour is a very hevy option. A guard for Sigmar in dwarf forged plate seems acceptable but adding heavy chaos chariots and knights into the mix should be done with great care.

Arnizipal
29-03-2011, 12:27
I don't think even the Dwarfs had blackpowder weapons in those days so a cannon of any kind would be out of the question background-wise.

giant stegadon
29-03-2011, 15:40
I didn't think Dwarves had cannons at this time either. But in the Dwarf book p.41 has a thing about the Battle of Black Fire Pass. The Dwarves had artillery they use (Sigmar is here too), so using a Hellcannon would be okay.

Just say its from some engineers that have moved to the surface & are testing out a new giant cannon & its immense weight can cause it to crush the ground & roll forward (whatever).

Sinnertje
29-03-2011, 15:56
But in the Dwarf book p.41 has a thing about the Battle of Black Fire Pass. The Dwarves had artillery they use (Sigmar is here too)

Catapults (Grudge throwers) are artillery too. Probably what they meant when they said 'artillery'.

Vashta
29-03-2011, 16:07
A marauder heavy army is your way to go :)

sulla
29-03-2011, 19:54
Agreed. Surely a Sigmarite army would use only dogs, marauders and fighter heroes? If you really, really want an elite unit, forsaken are closer to humans than the stats of chaos warriors. And it goes without saying that there should be no chaos magic items or marks in the list.

Quinn
30-03-2011, 19:25
You really should read the Time of Legends series. Not only did the nascent Empire have Chariots and Heavy Calvary, but by the end of the series they are reforging Dwarven cannon and experimenting with blackpowder. The books cover quite a bit of time, so it depends on what period you want to concentrate on, there is even the period where Sigmar was wearing Nagash's crown..so a Chaos Lord is not out of the question!

Arnizipal
30-03-2011, 19:42
You really should read the Time of Legends series. Not only did the nascent Empire have Chariots and Heavy Calvary, but by the end of the series they are reforging Dwarven cannon and experimenting with blackpowder. The books cover quite a bit of time, so it depends on what period you want to concentrate on, there is even the period where Sigmar was wearing Nagash's crown..so a Chaos Lord is not out of the question!
And this is why I will never read those Time of Legend novels :(

sulla
01-04-2011, 20:20
Tomb kings have heavy cavalry too... look at their stats for the level of 'heavy' you should be aiming for. At the end of the day, do what you want and justify it however you like, but if I saw a chaos army called Sigmars army, with dwarven platemailed halberdiers, imbued with sigmars holy rage banner, supported by dwarven mega cannons and sigmars warlock flying around on a dwarven runic hoverstone casting sigmars holy pathway, it wouldn't be admiration that filled my heart...;):p:D

Keith_Lupton
02-04-2011, 08:08
The early empire was supported and aided by the dwarfs. You could justify using the hellcannon ( but a less creepy and grimdark version ) as dwarven support.

But Sigmar an exhalted hero? Heresy! Heresy!

He should start out as a chaos lord minimum :p

What about using a dwarf cannon with crew to represent the technology lent to the primative Empire troops by the Dwarfs. The Dwarfs are the only ones known to operate it at this time so they 'tag 'along with the force.

Just noticed they might not have had access to Blackpowder tech at this time. whoops.

kramplarv
03-04-2011, 23:34
one big badazz catapult, filled with dwarven engineers would kick ass! =)