PDA

View Full Version : Do Games-Workshop gift cards expire?

Luthor
29-03-2011, 00:15
Someone is offering to sell me their GW gift card from 4+ years ago and I'm wondering if it is still acceptable? Is it made invalid after a set number of years, or does it lose funds?

Thanks for the help,
Luthor

Llew
29-03-2011, 01:04
I don't know, but I do know they rapidly become worth less over time. ;)

Liono
29-03-2011, 01:30
Depends on local law. Retailers here in California are not allowed to expire a gift card with any monetary value. Ask a local retailer, they will know.

Shamutanti
29-03-2011, 02:17
The vouchers do have expiry dates on them, but most stores don't worry - it all depends upon the look of the voucher. If it's not of the same colour/type as the ones printed from the last 3-4ish years, then you're going to have a problem. If it is then don't mention anything when you buy something with it and you should be fine.

Earthbeard
29-03-2011, 17:28
The vouchers do have expiry dates on them, but most stores don't worry - it all depends upon the look of the voucher. If it's not of the same colour/type as the ones printed from the last 3-4ish years, then you're going to have a problem. If it is then don't mention anything when you buy something with it and you should be fine.

Qft - although recently a jobsworth GW employee, started moaning that my nottingham gift certs, couldn't be used in surrey.

I'm sorry my mother had the misfortune of buying them, without realising they aren't universal to all stores .........oh wait a min!!! :wtf:

Prat.

ToXin
29-03-2011, 21:24
I'd ask the person selling to confirm that they are in date etc.

I once won a gift certificate for the "Reals of Chaos-The Lost and the Damned" that had an expiry date 12 months or more before the book finally got released ... it had to be exchanged to maintain validity as GW were so late in publishing the book, I never got round to redeeming it in the end. Shame really.

LonelyPath
30-03-2011, 00:10
I remember those RoC LatD vouchers. I had one of them myself all those years ago. I never had to trade it in for a newer one, just called up mail order and they said it was valid.