PDA

View Full Version : Wargames Journal Issue 5 Out Now

Court Jester
28-03-2006, 01:22
Hello Everyone,

The new issue of Wargames Journal has been released today and is available for you to download for FREE over at www.wargamesjournal.com

However, I am aware that for many of you historical wargaming is of no interest, which is why I would like to take this opportunity to introduce you to OVERWATCH. You can find the first issue (technically it is issue 0.5) of OVERWATCH in the last 52 pages of the new Wargames Journal.

OVERWATCH is a new free online magazine for science fiction and fantasy gamers. We will be covering many aspects of these genres including regular articles on the most popular gaming systems out there - but don’t worry, we won’t forget about the smaller ones either.

If after reading our new publication you have ideas about articles be they painting guides, scenarios, musings on games long past or just about anything to do with fantasy and science fiction gaming then send them in and we can look at getting them published. In particular we are looking to have a well stocked “Readers Showcase” in each issue; so we are on the lookout for talented painters who would like to see their figures on our pages.

Anyhow, I have talked for long enough, what are you waiting for, go and download the magazine and get reading!

Best regards,

Dave Robotham,
Editor,
OVERWATCH

Tom
28-03-2006, 01:44
Ooh, this sounds interesting. I'll see about getting in the showcase, heh.

FunnyTom
28-03-2006, 01:57
Can I ask what is going to be in this new journal? Is it tactical stuff, or more to do with the modelling aspects of the game? Also, is there much 40K in it? It sounds fairly wide in scope.

Court Jester
28-03-2006, 02:26
Can I ask what is going to be in this new journal? Is it tactical stuff, or more to do with the modelling aspects of the game? Also, is there much 40K in it? It sounds fairly wide in scope.

There will be Warhammer 40,000 content in every issue. That content could be strategy articles, modeling articles, scenarios, stories or all manner of things but there will always be 40K content. To ignore one of the biggest games in the market would be silly...

:)

C. Langana
28-03-2006, 02:44
An excellent little production, I shall be reading this regularly.

Yodhrin
28-03-2006, 13:37
Well, Im not even near the OVERWATCH section and you have me hooked: anything with Victoriana/Steampunk, especially stuff set after The War Of The Worlds, is a win in my book :D

If this is going to feature some GW content in every issue, on top of stuff like the Martian invasion article, AND be free, well, I wont be buying WD again for a loooong time, heh.

Court Jester
28-03-2006, 21:43
Well, Im not even near the OVERWATCH section and you have me hooked: anything with Victoriana/Steampunk, especially stuff set after The War Of The Worlds, is a win in my book :D

If this is going to feature some GW content in every issue, on top of stuff like the Martian invasion article, AND be free, well, I wont be buying WD again for a loooong time, heh.

Thank you for your comments. When Overwatch moves to its own PDF with its first real issue we will certainly have 40k stuff in every issue. And more Martian Empires as I am quite take with it myself... :)

Yodhrin
29-03-2006, 11:21
Thank you for your comments. When Overwatch moves to its own PDF with its first real issue we will certainly have 40k stuff in every issue. And more Martian Empires as I am quite take with it myself... :)

Oooh! Does the ruleset you're using have room for special characters? It would be very cool to have the Colonel and his manservant from the Scarlet Traces graphic novel in there(if you like post WotW Victoriana and haven't read it, do, it's class).

Also, having read the whole thing; nice work. I especially liked the battle report being..well, a Battle Report, as opposed to current WD offerings which are more Vague Battle Descriptions :p

Court Jester
31-03-2006, 16:32
Oooh! Does the ruleset you're using have room for special characters? It would be very cool to have the Colonel and his manservant from the Scarlet Traces graphic novel in there(if you like post WotW Victoriana and haven't read it, do, it's class).

Also, having read the whole thing; nice work. I especially liked the battle report being..well, a Battle Report, as opposed to current WD offerings which are more Vague Battle Descriptions :p

There is always room for special characters in games like this. The "steam punk" "Victorian Sci-fi" theme is wonderful for using OTT personalities. I have been pondering something Alan Moore'ish.... for my games. :)

I'm glad you liked the report, it was just a small game but they will get bigger... :evilgrin: