PDA

View Full Version : Lizardmen 2.5k pts competative list

Syndtristleit
30-03-2011, 14:21
Hi. I would really like some responses to my list. Im not very good at making competative lists so im open for new point of views and suggestions :)

Slann Mage Priest
Higher State of Consciousness
The Focused Rumination
Focus of Mystery
BSB
Cupped Hands of The Old Ones
Bane Head 460pts

Skink Priest lvl 1
Engine of The Gods
Dispel Scroll 380pts

Skink Priest lvl 2
Cube of Darkness 140pts

Saurus Scar Veteran
Great Weapon
Light Armour
Glyph Neclace 130pts

24 Saurus Warriors
Hand weapons & Shields
Full Command 294pts

25 Saurus Warriors
Hand weapons & Shields
Full Command 305pts

13 Skink Skirmishers
Blowpipes 91pts

13 Skink Skirmishers
Blowpipes 91pts

5 Chameleon Skinks 60pts

5 Chameleon Skinks 60pts

3 Kroxigors
Kroxigor ancient 185pts

1 Salamander Hunting Pack 75pts

1 Salamander Hunting Pack 75pts

2 Razordon Hunting Pack 150pts

Total 2496

tmarichards
30-03-2011, 15:16
Becalming would be really good on the frog.

You don't really need the second Priest.

Give the Scar-Vet the Burning Blade.

Swap one of the saurus units for a unit of temple guard

Some more skink skirmishers would be great, units of 10 work well.

The krox ancient isn't such a good idea, they don't really need a champion. In fact, krox on their own are not such a good plan- in a mixed skink unit I think they'd be better.

Razordons are a bit pants, they won't add much.

Syndtristleit
30-03-2011, 16:59
Thanks for the reply. I see now that ive forgotten to give the mage priest Arabyan Carpet. (in my gaming club the general idea is that Slanns can use arabyan carpet) Thats why I havent added any Temple Guards.

And the main reason why I dont have the burning blade for the scar vet is coz i mainly play my buddy who uses DoC (no armour).

Syndtristleit
30-03-2011, 17:03
And one more question: Why use the burning blade? Great Weapon will do the same to deduct the enemy's armour, and bying the Glyph Neclace instead will compensate for him not having shield. And the Scar Vet will strike last most of the times anyway.

tmarichards
31-03-2011, 08:51
The burning blade is to take the regen away from whatever he is fighting, then the unit with their lower initiative will pretty much remove it.

Re the flying carpet- ignoring FAQs is a dangerous way to go, just be aware that you won't be able to use it in any game where your opponent doesn't expressly give you permission beforehand.

Syndtristleit
01-04-2011, 12:51
Is there an FAQ answer that says the slann cant use the arabyan carpet?

I played in a tournament with 40 players and at least one player used the arabyan carpet on his slann (he won xD )

tmarichards
02-04-2011, 09:44
Q: Can a Slann ride on a Magic Carpet? (p43)
A: No. Whilst the Slann is an infantry model he specifically is not on
foot

Lizards FAQ

Syndtristleit
02-04-2011, 15:02
foot

Lizards FAQ

Ah, is this new or what? I havent seen it before. Please link?

Syndtristleit
02-04-2011, 15:04
foot

Lizards FAQ

Ah, has this been in the lizards FAQ for a long time? I havent seen it. Link please?

Syndtristleit
02-04-2011, 15:17
foot

Lizards FAQ

I just read trough the 1.1 version of the Lizardmen FAQ.

There it didnt say anything about the Slann and magical carpets.

It would be really nice if you posted a link to the FAQ you are refering to. Thx.

xNytmare
02-04-2011, 15:39
http://www.games-workshop.com/MEDIA_CustomProductCatalog/m1610148a_FAQ_Lizardmen_V1_3.pdf

Bottom right, on page 2.

ariochhelldrake
02-04-2011, 16:00
foot.

Its on page 2 of the Lizardman FAQ 1.3 on GW site

http://www.games-workshop.com/MEDIA_CustomProductCatalog/m1610148a_FAQ_Lizardmen_V1_3.pdf

Yufox
04-04-2011, 17:56
I think the armour of silvered steel is better than Glyph Neclace with 5 more cost~

Gaargod
04-04-2011, 20:15
@Yufox: I'm assuming you mean armour of fortune, heavy armour with 5+ ward for 5pts more than glyph necklace. Yes, it is indeed better, especially for LM characters who otherwise can only have light armour. Unfortunately, since Burning Blade of Chotec is 20pts, you can't have both.
And tmarichards is indeed correct, burning blade on a scar vet is an awesome way to add anti-regen to a unit. I've had a saurus unit led by a burning blade equipped scar vet annihilate a hellpit in 2 turns.

I'd agree the second priest is unnecessary. If you really want to keep the EotG (which i'd be hesitant on), lose the footslogging priest and boost the mounted 1 to lv2 (might as well make the boost of the bonus to cast.

Another steg will work better than the krox. Little more expensive of course, but then you're forcing an opponent to split fire between the stegs, or let one go free.

Drop the razordons. Sorry, but just no. If you want to, simply use their points to boost the salamanders to 2x2.

I'd be a little concerned about where the Slann is going. Saurus are good, don't get me wrong, but with crazy magic going around its very possible to have a bad round of combat and suddenly you're testing at -lots LD, and watching your Slann 'explode' as his unit runs away. Of course, ideally you'd fit a whole extra unit of temple guard in there, but then you get into major points problems...

Don Zeko
04-04-2011, 20:36
Slann + 2 skink priests is too many; you won't have enough power dice. I'd swap the engine for a regular ancient steg, switch the razordons into more salamanders, drop the skirmishers and up the chameleons to 10 each. That, plus dropping higher state of consciousness and shaving off a couple of saurus should get you a 20-strong temple guard unit for your slann.

Oh, and kroxigor are pretty underwhelming. Get rid of them and use the points to get more saurus and the Becalming Cogitation.

Impyrocker
05-04-2011, 03:24
Out of curiosity, is Slann and 2 skink priests too many if neither is on EotG?

Don Zeko
05-04-2011, 03:41
Probably, at least if you're running a lore like Life, where you'll want to cast most of your spells every turn. I mean, a slann knows 7 spells. I'd take a skink priest as a scroll caddy or as a suicide comet caster, but not for any other purpose.

DavidCartagena
05-04-2011, 15:38
Completely agree take the priest as a suicide comet caster. With life your slann ignores miscasts on a 2+ if you get the one spell off.
Although its cool to have more priests 2 is too many with a slann. One will end up just sitting around doing nothing.

Definitely try and get the points to get temple guard. Unit of 20 with slann is stubborn and if you can take chakax they are unbreakable. Keep casting regrowth and toughness boost and they'll be a damn hard unit to kill.

Syndtristleit
05-04-2011, 16:56
Ty for all the replies. Ive just bought some Saurus temple guards which im going to include in the army, and i will get rid of the kroxigors and razordons.

Im keeping the EoTG tho and im only gonna field 10 chameleon skinks coz i dont have more than that:)