PDA

View Full Version : O&G new book waagh ability

djcasyun
30-03-2011, 21:02
Q: are the bonuses from the Orc general's WAAGH ability cumulative? Ie, if each orc unit gets +1 to combat results, do they get a total of +2 if they are both in the same combat the turn the WAAGH goes off?

Thanks

TMATK
30-03-2011, 21:14
I would say yes. The army book doesn't mention any limitations, so a +1 and a +1 are a +2.

Grimskarr
31-03-2011, 00:15
No, the effect is not cumulative. The rule states that "any unit he accompanies, adds +D3 to their combat resolution instead."

TMATK
31-03-2011, 00:22
No, the effect is not cumulative. The rule states that "any unit he accompanies, adds +D3 to their combat resolution instead."

What does that prove? It's +d3 instead of +1. It doesn't mean it can't be +d3 and a +1 for each orc unit in the same fight.

The section on multiple combats in the BRB makes it clear what things are not cumulative. They haven't done that in the O&G army book. Maybe they will in an FAQ, but for now I think they add up.

Malorian
31-03-2011, 00:28
Interesting.

Seems to me that they would be cumulative, but then again I don't really care as in game it typically doesn't matter when either you win by a good enough margin that they are already needing close to double 1s or they are steadfast anyway.

Avian
31-03-2011, 14:39
Q: are the bonuses from the Orc general's WAAGH ability cumulative? Ie, if each orc unit gets +1 to combat results, do they get a total of +2 if they are both in the same combat the turn the WAAGH goes off?
Yes, of course. Unlike most other combat result bonuses (ex: ranks) there is nothing saying multiple Waaagh! bonuses don't stack. Note how it is +1 per Orc unit, and not +1 per combat involving one or more Orc units.

It's handy against Undead, for example.

Ultimate Life Form
31-03-2011, 14:48
It's handy against Undead, for example.

Boss shouts at Skeleton:

"WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGH!"

*Skeleton crumbles*

Avian
31-03-2011, 16:19
One of my converted musicians has a guitar and has been known to rock Skellies to dust. :D

Blkc57
31-03-2011, 22:04
Waagh has been my best chance for spooking ethereal Wraiths and Spirit host. Shout at a ghost and watch it go *pop*.