PDA

View Full Version : Stormvermin or Plaguemonks?

elfordminis
30-03-2011, 21:16
In my army I was going to take 30 stormvermin with the flaming banner to go after those pesky regen hydras aboms etc. But would it be better to take plague monks?

Kevlar
30-03-2011, 21:25
In my army I was going to take 30 stormvermin with the flaming banner to go after those pesky regen hydras aboms etc. But would it be better to take plague monks?

Against T6 stuff yeah. Against T3-4 I'd take storm vermin. T5 is probaby a wash unless its also WS3 stuff, then the SV are probably a little better.

elfordminis
30-03-2011, 21:42
So on the tourney scene, SV probably better as a few armies dont have those pesky models and they would be better against most standard infantry? Although the Plague Monks have 3 attacks?

russellmoo
30-03-2011, 22:50
Are you running plague or ruin spells-

If ruin- run stormvermin-
If Plague- run plague monks

This is because- stormvermin benefit from- the spell death frenzy a lot more than plague monks

Plague monks on the other hand- benefit a lot more from- bless with filth and wither=

So depending on what lore you run- it also determines what unit to take-

Bazzal
30-03-2011, 23:40
i like plaguemonks over stormvermin, but i usually run the plague banner with them. to be honest tho if ur trying to kill hydras and abom etc id stick with warpfire throwers. just because both units only have S3/4 which means ur lookin at 5/6's to even wound i wouldnt even consider sending a unit after a monster as most have breath attacks, stubborn or will just not die. for me S5 minimum is monster handling units.

Esco Thomson
31-03-2011, 00:54
Stormvermin are better if Aboms worry you, as they get to strike before it(minus impact hits), where Plaguemonks will be able to strike before the Hydra and will be more resilient in that fight, where as the HPA will wound both on 2's.

It really comes down to whether or not you are looking for a more durable block that is special, or a slightly harder hitting Clanrat, which is core.

I don't take either though.

Phoenix Puzzle
31-03-2011, 09:29
Can always take both units, and give your bsb the flaming banner and have him jump in whichever unit needs the flaming the most with skitterleap. :D

Surgency
31-03-2011, 22:12
I'd advocate taking both. Plague monks are great against low toughness, lightly armoured opponents, while Stormvermin are good against higher toughness armoured troops with the inclusion of the Razor Standard. Even better, if they're Queeks Stormvermin ;)

Dante blackfur
31-03-2011, 23:23
It really depends, do you need to fill core or is there other special you would want to take? seeing SV are Core and Monks Ar Special, this should also influence what you take. or you could take both and like Phoenix Puzzle said just give the sweet banner to your BSB and skitterleap :) personally I would take SV, I like the Str 4's and the option of WT.

Zoolander
01-04-2011, 16:51
I agree, I think you should take both.