PDA

View Full Version : Old (6th?) starter box contents?

Malorian
30-03-2011, 23:43
So I got my hands on an old starter box (I should get it this weekend) and I'm not sure what is in it.

It's the one that had empire vs orcs (at the time I was big into 40k and didn't care about it) and I'm wondering what's going to come with it.

From some blurry pictures and my even more blurry brain it seems to have arrer boys, boyz with 2 choppas, an orc on a boar, spearmen, hand gunners, and a knight.

Does anyone know if I'm missing something? Did any terrain come with it?

From the picture it almost looks like a chariot comes with it too but from what I remember I didn't think it came with one...

Anyone?

The curiosity is killing me :)

Edit:

Found something :D

38 Empire soldiers
1 Empire cannon
1 Empire general
1 Orc warboss
35 Orc warriors
1 Orc War Chariot
1 ruined building
3 weapon templates
8 assorted dice
2 range rulers

So cool, it does come with a chariot :D

someone2040
30-03-2011, 23:48
I can't remember... but I always saw a Cannon/Mortar as well as a Chariot in the demo sets at GW for 6th ed I think. So they may come with it... but 6th ed as a long time ago! Can't really remember.

Urgat
30-03-2011, 23:58
There was a boar chariot too, yeah, that's how I got mine. Though I remember only 10 arrer boyz and 20 dual choppa boyz, so I don't know where do the 5 more stand.

Malorian
31-03-2011, 00:06
Maybe it's 15 arrer boyz. I got 15 arrer boyz in a trade before so that could mean that's what you got in the box.

Is the charriot alright or is it pretty crappy?

Malachops
31-03-2011, 00:15
Here you go, not the most awesome picture quality, but it shows the contents fairly well.

The chariot is more or less the same as the one sold seperatly, so it's alright. (Particularly if you replace the boars with some from the latest boar boyz box).

The ruined building is made from card with plastic framework and windows, like the ones from the Mordheim set.

Rosstifer
31-03-2011, 00:21
Chariot is exactly the same as the plastic box set, as far as I can tell looking at mine.

Godswildcard
31-03-2011, 00:22
Good times with that box! Thats what got me started in Fantasy, and I remember squealing with boyish glee when my cannonball took a good bounce and knocked off a whole line of unruly orks!!

Malorian
31-03-2011, 00:26
Awesome guys. Thanks a lot :)