PDA

View Full Version : What happened to the Tomb Kings Mk II thread

ExquisiteMonkey
31-03-2011, 00:24
Sorry if this is stepping into 'don't go there' territory, but I opened up the new & rumours forum, went to click on the 'first unread post' and was told I didn't have clearance to view the thread, and now that thread is gone from the forum.

Gone, not just closed, which I thought is a bit weird.

Is this because I have red hair, or has it been 'silenced'?

Rosstifer
31-03-2011, 00:34
What are you talking about? there never was a Tomb Kings thread.....:p
I think it's cuz it got spammed to hell and back with off topicness.

Chris_
31-03-2011, 00:38
That would explain locking it but not taking it away altogether...

bluemage
31-03-2011, 00:53
I think darnok is editing the thread heavily. Last time a rumor thread disappeared it was because rumors were posted that would directly lead to the person leaking info. So the mods took it down for a couple of days to edit the thread so the person wouldn't get fired. Anyways the thread will be brought back soon when rumors appear. In the meantime assume there aren't any new ones and we don't have to read page after page about the skeletons not being updated

Chris_
31-03-2011, 01:02
...In the meantime assume there aren't any new ones and we don't have to read page after page about the skeletons not being updatedAwww... Now you jinxed it! They're going to be coming in here and keep whining :p

Nightsong
31-03-2011, 01:13
OMG!!! Skeletons are not being redone!?!?! Thats it, I'm not going to start a Tomb Kings army now!!! ...oh wait...I already did....:P

Ultimate Life Form
31-03-2011, 02:23
Threads vanish inexplicably in X-Files fashion all the time. It's hardly anything new.

White_13oy
31-03-2011, 03:44
Yeah way too much OT discussion, from Free Speech debates to GK/IG/OnG talk and about 3 different times people complained about no new skeletons.

Gonzoyola
31-03-2011, 04:45
have the last battalion marked off at my local hobby store to be picked up tomorrow. I look forward to assembling more of my goofy headed dead friends.

Coldblood666
31-03-2011, 05:44
They took the Tomb Guard off the GW site. Old news I'm sure, but I'm excited :P

giant stegadon
31-03-2011, 06:00
I just noticed this. They might be editing it as bluemage said.

I noticed earlier today there was a page of, /sigh/, comments on one guy mentioning free speech & deleted posts. Of course there was also tons of reposts about people crying about the core skeletons not being redone.

There was a small trickle of rumors, but there was far more completely unrelated blabbing.

Chris_
31-03-2011, 06:45
There's going to be some more "Oh, no new skellies?!?!?" etc. when we see the advance orders next wednesday. I just hope those few voices will be drowned in a sea of "OMG, awesomeness!", "WTFBBQ!!!!!", "I think I just peed a little in my pants... I'm so happy right now" and other appreciative comments.

Spiney Norman
31-03-2011, 09:51
Sorry if this is stepping into 'don't go there' territory, but I opened up the new & rumours forum, went to click on the 'first unread post' and was told I didn't have clearance to view the thread, and now that thread is gone from the forum.

Gone, not just closed, which I thought is a bit weird.

Is this because I have red hair, or has it been 'silenced'?

Same here, I've heard threads get closed before, sometimes even moved to warhammer general, but I'm wondering what the hell was posted last night after I went to bed that made them delete the whole thing, or at least move it where I can't see...

Feels slightly odd that we have a major release in just over a month and NO active rumour thread. Still I guess we can check the reliable rumours thus far on the roundup forum.

Chaos Tomb King of Hashut
31-03-2011, 17:33
humph, after Darnok said it was closed, I thought it was closed for good, but then I come back this morning, and it's been open again for quite sometime, and now, after having to read 15 pages of whining, but still being 10-20 pages off being up to date, it "inexplicably disappears"!
so, did I miss any good rumours, or was it just wahwahwah, there's no new skellies, now im not gonna collect them, wahwahwah! for gods sake, if u want regular new models, go collect space marines! anyway, did I miss anything?

bluemage
31-03-2011, 17:41
There's rumored to be mini priests which are unit upgrades, some way to transfer weapon skill to skeletons and spell 6 in the tk lore will cause an eclipse and lower enemy shooting, leadership and maybe movement.

bluemage
31-03-2011, 20:07
Next friday the black box should be in stores, so most of the details of the book will be online by then.

bluemage
01-04-2011, 04:00
To be fair finding out that Cruddace enjoys TK is great news. And I would much rather hear that the author enjoyed the army and book he wrote then some rumor regarding plastics, which will be up for pre-order in another week.

BramGaunt
01-04-2011, 08:41
It depends on their shipments.

Black Boxes start their journey on monday, guys =)

Rand
01-04-2011, 10:03
http://img6.imageshack.us/img6/4374/attachment01.jpg
http://img810.imageshack.us/img810/7203/attachmentf.jpg
http://img508.imageshack.us/img508/7144/attachment02.jpg

TK gain 2 new Monster (1 like an elephant whit Scheleton on it, and Sphinix)

There is another Cavallery unit

Kamenwati
01-04-2011, 12:31
I just hope they give us a handweapon sprue so we can equip all our skeletons the same. Boring? Maybe. But it only makes sense for VC skeletons to have the myriad weapon brigade as they assemble their armies from everywhere and anywhere they can. Tomb Kings should have a unified feel to their skeletons.

Rand
01-04-2011, 14:56
There will be Snake ridden by skeletons with chariot Base
Also will be a mammoth in the turret with 3 / 4 skeletons

Sphinx high just over the Hell pit abomination

Guards of the tomb along with the new ushabiti in frist wave

Spiney Norman
01-04-2011, 15:03

Hmmm, the snake and mammoth seem a bit salty to me, esp given the date, but we'll see.

Isn't it ironic that the mods delete the rumour thread and we end up with more rumours in the general discussion forum than we had in the rumour forum. You don't see it happening that way round very often...

sasheep
01-04-2011, 15:29
Rand are those romours or Aprils fools day "jokes"?
Yeah black box is set for next Friday on my local store's diary :)

avat0r
01-04-2011, 17:07

Where did you get these infos? What abilities will the sphinx have?

Rosstifer
01-04-2011, 17:10
Just noticed on the rumour roundup that Darnok has been banned. Who will compile all of the tasty rumours for our conveniance now?!

Unless it's an April Fools.

Rand
01-04-2011, 17:19
Where did you get these infos? What abilities will the sphinx have?

No idea from hsphinix ability. I have 3-4 firend in gw store , and this week the image was relased on store

Rand are those romours or Aprils fools day "jokes"?
Yeah black box is set for next Friday on my local store's diary :)

I'm not a man of "jokes" . You could be belive in me or not , that's the info i had got :evilgrin:

2 versions: one giant saber-toothed tiger with the front shielded (whith golden plates) and on litter (can be used as a beast of Tomb Kings)
Sphinx and the other instead of classical
base is Hell Pit Abomini

Tiger body and torso fully armored man, mask type to Pharaoh, and wings
snakes with the kite tail ridden by a skeleton (this is the brutal summary)
base is by chariot

skeleton were just being cobra snake
have developed a membrane

to make the belly grows
only that it is unrealistic because the membrane that seems to swear in a hammock vertical
and a skeleton on the rides as if he were surfing ...

I must say that I believe are not beautiful
not bad ... but do not miss if I would keep them gives them
much nicer than the other kit (same box) to make the snake men
have the body but part of a cobra on by armored skeleton
are hunched but they are not bad

guarding the tomb new thin bones is otherwise virtually identical, they have their helmets a bit 'nicer (golden masks, etc. ..)
Get a lot guard the tomb and do as skeletons

White_13oy
01-04-2011, 17:20
Well, if it helps they said they never get black box's, it is looking more like next Friday like everyone else, but they just said that they weren't 100% if it was today or the next, we'll see.

EDIT:: Snake riders sound kind of stupid to me, but that's just me.

giant stegadon
01-04-2011, 18:04
Not biting on this snake rider thing. Mostly because that sounds completely stupid.

Ultimate Life Form
01-04-2011, 18:16
And thus we're right back where we started. :rolleyes:

Which proves that it was a wise decision to remove the TK thread, but at the same time futile as this boiling 'rumor' mess simply needs a vent. If it isn't N&R, it's General... which doesn't exactly make it better.

THE GOD SLAYER
01-04-2011, 20:19
@ Rand: where did you get those rumors? we all see you quoted from somewhere, but don't get where from exactly? I'm well aware that you're kinda "protecting" someone (eheheh) but... looks like a quotation from another forum so... c'mon.. no secrets.. :P

Captain Cortez
01-04-2011, 20:32
No idea from hsphinix ability. I have 3-4 firend in gw store , and this week the image was relased on store

I'm not a man of "jokes" . You could be belive in me or not , that's the info i had got :evilgrin:

Whats with the Yoda talk?

Hmm the Spinxs sounds...different. I'm holding my breath for next week though.

VenomBlood
01-04-2011, 20:33
@ Rand: where did you get those rumors? we all see you quoted from somewhere, but don't get where from exactly? I'm well aware that you're kinda "protecting" someone (eheheh) but... looks like a quotation from another forum so... c'mon.. no secrets.. :P

Indeed.
It's not from previous warseer TK threads.

THE GOD SLAYER
01-04-2011, 20:41
Indeed.
It's not from previous warseer TK threads.

exactly my point. plus i keep asking him also on the italian forum where we originally "come" from, but he keeps "bouncing" the question like "I took it from warseer" (and here I see he wrote the post but quoted anyway)...
beats me!

THE GOD SLAYER
01-04-2011, 20:47
Whats with the Yoda talk?

Hmm the Spinxs sounds...different. I'm holding my breath for next week though.

it's not yoda talk... he's Italian (just like me). apparently he doesn't speak english the way i do, though :P (pardon my "boasting"... :P)

Back on topic: actually I'd like to see skellies on cobras/serpents... sounds pretty cool. not quite BG-wise but still cool.

The elephant/mammoth thing instead sounds pretty boring and stupid to me. Plus I guess we don't actually need an elephant/mammoth (otherwise, so much for the giant)... we'd need a flying sphinx (or something along the lines), don't you think?

sasheep
01-04-2011, 22:02

Fair enough, it's always good to get some romours so thanks man :p

Xenthick
01-04-2011, 22:10
Something occurred to me earlier today. The current battallion is still up on GW's site, and it contains all core models which are not being replaced yet. Is there any chance they plan on sticking with the current battallion box until they decide to replace the core sometime down the lines? Just seems kinda odd to me that they have taken down the tomb guard and the armybook, and left the battallion on the site. If they were intending on taking it down in preperation for the new releases you would think they would do it when they took down the rest wouldent you? Not a rumor, just an observation...so i guess its good this thread is in general discussion then eh?

Coldblood666
02-04-2011, 01:16
I'm hoping for a semi-large release of new models. The Incoming article said a "slew" and all we have confirmed is Tomb Guard, a monster, and maybe some form of cavalry. That doesnt qualify as a "slew" exactly so I'm crossing my fingers for more. As for a big desert mammoth, well I hope not. I am hoping for core mummies though :D

giant stegadon
02-04-2011, 01:17
On the rumor thread there was a pic of a huge elephant skeleton with riding baskets & TK crap all over it. But it was clearly a fan conversion. So maybe thats where some of this is coming from.

TheKingInYellow
02-04-2011, 01:31
I could see a snake-construct-cavalry thing happening. Not ridden by Ushabti, but a monstrous cav unit like Fleshhounds.

Chris_
02-04-2011, 02:12
I wouldn't trust anything that was posted on April 1st...

Xenthick
02-04-2011, 17:00
On the point of steadfast, how could this work (pure speculation coming up). Something like for each rank you have over your opponent you crumble one less? Or two less or whatever...:shifty: That would be a reasonable facsimile for balance. Only thing is I dont know how that would work fluff wise as skeletons are not affected by psychology obviously being braindead so i dont know how having more numbers would keep them from dieing. Ultimately irrelevant I suppose as is this post...*sigh* Bring on wednsday so we can get some discussion going on actual rules.

TheKingInYellow
02-04-2011, 18:26
On the point of steadfast, how could this work (pure speculation coming up). Something like for each rank you have over your opponent you crumble one less? Or two less or whatever...:shifty: That would be a reasonable facsimile for balance. Only thing is I dont know how that would work fluff wise as skeletons are not affected by psychology obviously being braindead so i dont know how having more numbers would keep them from dieing. Ultimately irrelevant I suppose as is this post...*sigh* Bring on wednsday so we can get some discussion going on actual rules.

I don't see it happening. The undead rules were already re-written and codified in the BRB. Undead are ITP, cause fear, are unbreakable and unstable. That's it. I can't see them breaking out of that mould in the first few books for 8th.

jtrowell
02-04-2011, 23:18
I still don't understand why they didn't just use the demon unstability rules for the undeads too, as it works perfectly with steadfast.

For those that don't know them, it is basically a leadership test with the usual break modifiers (allowing for steadfast to cancel the combat result malus), and for each point that the test is failed, you lose 1 wound (without saves I think).

It would also make the great banner almost as useful for undeads that for others armies.

Even at 4 or 5 points each, skeletons with the current rule would just lose each combat and drop like if they only had 1/2 wound each.

Tomb guards and ushabti at least can win their own fights, or usually do not lose them by much, but the poor skeletons ...

Chris_
03-04-2011, 00:16
Or they could do the sensible thing and ensure that the magic lore buffs skeletons or weakens enemy troopsThat had to be some serious buffs because they are so craptastic right now. And if they work on TG I'd still rather pay a few extra points for the +1 to most and KB magical attacks... Now I only ever play with 1 bunker for my liche priest to hide, that is with archers who are almost useful in 8th. Rest of the CC consists mainly of 2 units of TG.

Gonzoyola
03-04-2011, 14:37
I dont think people are grasping the point of cheaper skeletons. Alright maybe YOU dont have 110 skeletons, but hordes of 50 are guaranteed to stay for probably about 2 full turns at least. thats as good as an anvil as you can get to slam Chariots / Ushabti / TG / Giants in to.

Not to mention 6+ ward with parry? I might finally need to make more warriors than archers. But if we keep blessed arrows, I will probably still stick to them.

Chris_
03-04-2011, 15:12
I dont think people are grasping the point of cheaper skeletons. Alright maybe YOU dont have 110 skeletons, but hordes of 50 are guaranteed to stay for probably about 2 full turns at least. thats as good as an anvil as you can get to slam Chariots / Ushabti / TG / Giants in to.Yeah, you slam your hammer in there, the enemy keeps hitting skeletons as they are so much easier to kill and the hammer unit crumbles badly... I mean, most rounds that my HW/Shield skellies are in combat they usually lose with at least 10, that is 3 whole Ushabti or Chariots, one dead Bone Giant or 10 dead TG. Of course this scenario is not really all that realistic but I'd rather not hit a unit the skeleton unit is in CC with if I can't eliminate them all that turn.

Skywave
03-04-2011, 21:19
I still don't understand why they didn't just use the demon unstability rules for the undeads too, as it works perfectly with steadfast.

For those that don't know them, it is basically a leadership test with the usual break modifiers (allowing for steadfast to cancel the combat result malus), and for each point that the test is failed, you lose 1 wound (without saves I think).

It would also make the great banner almost as useful for undeads that for others armies.

Even at 4 or 5 points each, skeletons with the current rule would just lose each combat and drop like if they only had 1/2 wound each.

Tomb guards and ushabti at least can win their own fights, or usually do not lose them by much, but the poor skeletons ...

It would help somer eite unit, but the poor Skeletons at Ld 3 will crumble just the same with an instability test :p

GodlessM
03-04-2011, 22:13
Hmmm, the snake and mammoth seem a bit salty to me, esp given the date, but we'll see.

Isn't it ironic that the mods delete the rumour thread and we end up with more rumours in the general discussion forum than we had in the rumour forum. You don't see it happening that way round very often...

Surprised you took that in Spiney, the pictures Rand posted were pictures of conversions posted in the MkII thread, and the rumours he posted were a collection of stuff from the two wishlisting threads mainly. That and half of the rumours he psoted don't actually make sense, something about Skeletons to fill the brain :wtf:

jtrowell
03-04-2011, 22:16
It would help somer eite unit, but the poor Skeletons at Ld 3 will crumble just the same with an instability test :p

Not with the general in range, or with another character in the unit to give them his leadership.

Chiron
03-04-2011, 22:20
There really trimming these threads down arent they, or are we not meant to notice?

White_13oy
03-04-2011, 23:20
Yeah, went from 5 to 3 pages, this is what happens when there is literally zero info or rumors.

Chris_
03-04-2011, 23:53
Well we just have to be patient another 3 days and then we've got pictures, yet another few days after that we should have most of the rules changes as well ;)

TheKingInYellow
04-04-2011, 01:16
This has to be the most tight-lipped release in the last several years. The waiting game is brutal.

Aeron
04-04-2011, 03:07
Well we just have to be patient another 3 days and then we've got pictures, yet another few days after that we should have most of the rules changes as well ;)

I thought it was the other way around - rules/rumoursduring the week tues or wednesday, followed by sneak peaks a few days later...saying that there was an advert on GW for an TK sneak peak at warhammer world on the 6th of April, I think!

I'm afraid to write anything incase it gets anon deleted for some unkown reason thereby wasting my time and everybody else's - maybe that what *they* want.... :shifty:

All this waiting is just increasing my imaginary expectation bubble hugely inside my head and in a few days gw is gonna burst it with a large phallic shaped pin...going in the back way :rolleyes:

Nate.

Chris_
04-04-2011, 03:11
I thought it was the other way around - rules/rumoursduring the week tues or wednesday, followed by sneak peaks a few days later...saying that there was an advert on GW for an TK sneak peak at warhammer world on the 6th of April, I think!

I'm afraid to write anything incase it gets anon deleted for some unkown reason thereby wasting my time and everybody else's - maybe that what *they* want.... :shifty:

All this waiting is just increasing my imaginary expectation bubble hugely inside my head and in a few days gw is gonna burst it with a large phallic shaped pin...going in the back way :rolleyes:

Nate.I meant 2 days until the Advance Orders go up (same day as "sneak peak" from warhammer world). Then we can see the models. Later this week (Friday-ish?) the black boxes should be at the stores available for viewing.

White_13oy
04-04-2011, 03:16
This is either gonna be a big hit or a tremendous flop.

Aeron
04-04-2011, 04:02
This is either gonna be a big hit or a tremendous flop.

I think your right - either "WOW!!! :D"

...or "Eh...wow?!! :eyebrows:"

Either GW are supremely confident in the release or extremely nervous...or just not that fussed (my moneys on no.3 LOL :( )

I just dont understand it all - okay no pictures I understand....just about....maybe.... but no rules, hints, ideas, talk....nothing.

Why the heck are they punishing us for wanting to see things in advance and having opinions??

So because someone rushed the Grey knight release and all the fanboys could wait to see why a grey knight space marine looked like... (clues in the title chaps) our 9 year awaited release is devoid of excitment and passion for the army - at least from the gw perspective.

I just dont understand it, maybe we are the dregs of WHFB customer base.

Nate.

rmb43
04-04-2011, 04:12
No, we are the true WHFB base! We play Warhammer despite using one of the most underpowered, outdated, and unsupported armies in the game! :) I have been waiting for YEARS for this week. TK have always been my favorite army, and I will sink money and time into the new releases, regardless of how competative they are. Can't wait!!!

Aeron
04-04-2011, 04:45
No, we are the true WHFB base! We play Warhammer despite using one of the most underpowered, outdated, and unsupported armies in the game! :) I have been waiting for YEARS for this week. TK have always been my favorite army, and I will sink money and time into the new releases, regardless of how competative they are. Can't wait!!!

Oh i'm not really concerned with competitiveness - lets face it: we cannot get worse :p

I'm pretty sure GW will want to make TK half decent, to reinvigorate them and sell more models. After 9 years I expect nothing less.

I regard TK as the "first" real 8th Edition army book!! O&G was an update in my eyes, to test the hard back army book and page layouts etc, plus shoehorn in some new models etc.

I'm more concerned about the new model design/how our army looks overall (especially as the new models must match the old design but most people hate the older models....tricky one.)

I want GW to make a song and dance about our army, it is our moment in the sun afterall ;)

*fingers crossed*

Nate.

White_13oy
04-04-2011, 06:02
Well, If I remember correctly, out book was finish a while back but they went back again to change things up. If that is true, it could be bad because it was written and done during different times. When reading Dark Eldar, you can see how something would have been awesome last edition, but are kind of meh, some of the wording is also written for last edition. I find it funny that space TK have more rumors than us.

Aeron
04-04-2011, 06:59
Necrons have more rumours than US?? :wtf: That doesn't reinforce confidence! ...just, wow! Still unless its confirmed it meaningless - i just wonder why our rumour thread kept getting messed about with, okay we were talking ***** but are people seriously tryin to tell me the necron thread is anymore credible thn ours?

I too read that the TK book was "pretty much done" before the 8th edition came out - I take the delay was so it could be tailored more for 8th aswell as getting a new hard book, new layout, who knows maybe new items and unit entries were included to buff TK 8th edition?!

After all while it may have only recieved few tweaks, it may have also recieved an overhaul (it has been a year since I heard it was nearly done!) :angel:

I havnt read the DE codex - does it really have that archaic impression?

I have to say, when I log on during the week and see the TK rumour thread has been revived, my **** is gonna be twitching like a rabbits nose, dun dun dun...

Nate

Spiney Norman
04-04-2011, 07:20
But realistically 40K armies always have more rumours than fantasy ones do, there are more people feeding 40K rumours (by which I mean Stickmonkey) than Fantasy ones. People also make up more crap for 40K armies, I notice there was no April 1st fantasy hoax army book pics...

TK notably have one big advantage over Crons at present, an incoming article, its somewhat hard to top that with nebulus rumours.

I'm not really sure what you folks were expecting, after the rumour famine that was O&G, one of Fantasy's 2 most popular armies, I hardly think they were going to leak a load of info regarding what is probably Fantasy's least played army.

Just be patient in the knowledge that whatever happens, our beloved Tomb Kings will be vastly more playable one month from today than they are now.

White_13oy
04-04-2011, 07:49
It doesn't have an archaic feel, you can just tell by rules and wording, that it was written, and then taken back to get more tweaks done to it. For example, one of there special characters makes it so you get to add one to the dice roll for choosing the deployment zones, but you don't do that anymore, you choose who deploys first and then they go where they choose. There isn't a whole lot but there is enough to where I noticed it throughout the book.

Look at it this way, if it was written for 7th edition, then they would have made chariots awesome for that edition, but now chariots and calvary kind of... well, suck. So if the book is still chariot based and they didn't change things to bring them in line with 8th, we'll see a chariot based army that would have maybe kicked ass in 7th, but falls far short in 8th.

It all depends on what "revisions" they went and made to it. For all we know, it could've been just a word swap to fit the lingo of 8th, or it could have been a big overhaul which can feel sloppy or have a lot of holes in them. That's what happens when you finish a project and then go back after a while and try and do a quick catch up. It's quick fixes and not fully thought out ones.

I could be wrong, but I like to see all possibilities.

Daniel36
04-04-2011, 07:51
I like the new colour scheme they chose for the boxes! Even if it is just to hide the fact that they are still the same model. :P

Aeron
04-04-2011, 08:03
True, I never followed the O&G rumours tho - I didnt realise they were offically getting an update until I saw the advanced orders thread. Haha.

I suppose us TK players are anxious because while nothing is perfect and it is just a game afterall - armies such as O&G can expect updates or even intensive erratas (sp?) but we (certainly "I") fear this needs to be close to near perfect otherwise we'll be waiting another 10 years for an update ffs! :eek:

I truely hope mummies are in the new book - all the talk about them and while I never played 5th I was intrested in it and remember them well. Wonder if we'll get any mummy characters...although I suppose all TK character are mummies when you think about it.

Have we seen the front cover of the new armybook yet?

Nate.

Spiney Norman
04-04-2011, 10:02
True, I never followed the O&G rumours tho - I didnt realise they were offically getting an update until I saw the advanced orders thread. Haha.

I suppose us TK players are anxious because while nothing is perfect and it is just a game afterall - armies such as O&G can expect updates or even intensive erratas (sp?) but we (certainly "I") fear this needs to be close to near perfect otherwise we'll be waiting another 10 years for an update ffs! :eek:

I truely hope mummies are in the new book - all the talk about them and while I never played 5th I was intrested in it and remember them well. Wonder if we'll get any mummy characters...although I suppose all TK character are mummies when you think about it.

Have we seen the front cover of the new armybook yet?

Nate.

Not that I know of, although I'm secretly hoping that its the art from the back of the Apr white dwarf.

Bennonator
04-04-2011, 10:28
Not that I know of, although I'm secretly hoping that its the art from the back of the Apr white dwarf.

I've heard from the manager of my local GW that the cover will be like this:

TK army on background either in battle or not.
1 central figure probably a liche priest or prince of some sort.
that figure will be glossy. the same way as on the O&G book.

that is what he told be. He said that the trend will be armies in battle with glossy central figures.

Aeron
04-04-2011, 10:30
Thanks for clarifying - It's a bit plain, but thank the lord it hasnt got sand in the background. ;)

I'm getting tired of seeing sand being the dominant feature of TK art work, I understand they live in the desert but GW has this strange fixation of there being a sandstorm behind every TK in pictures....either that or they blend the orange/yellow of the sand with a yellow/orange sky to create a haze that looks alot like a sandstorm but is not a sandstorm....promise :D

The more I think of the art from the recent WD it would make a nice change of pace - close up shot, dark....tombesque. Quite atmospheric actually. Daaaamn...

I'm a fickle boobie!!!

I really like the style of the new army books (O&G basically) whereby the art on the front cover doesnt have a boarder, and from what I can see is printed in matte non shine (i havnt seen it in person, forgive me)
It reminds me of the Flames of War books :cool:

Nate.

Aeron
04-04-2011, 10:38

that is what he told be. He said that the trend will be armies in battle with glossy central figures.

No offense but it's hardly rocket science...

"Erm yeah, the new cover, yeah....erm"

"Got it..."

Tomb kings army being lead by maybe a linch or a king or prince (well thats all the characters right there, he cant fail his guess - hardly cluedo)

I think he was talking out of his chuff, mate.

I didnt know about the glossy central character. Quite cool. Thanks.

Nate.

Bennonator
04-04-2011, 12:28
No offense but it's hardly rocket science...

"Erm yeah, the new cover, yeah....erm"

"Got it..."

Tomb kings army being lead by maybe a linch or a king or prince (well thats all the characters right there, he cant fail his guess - hardly cluedo)

I think he was talking out of his chuff, mate.

I didnt know about the glossy central character. Quite cool. Thanks.

Nate.

I was just bringing this up because someone said " I hope it is the White dwarf art "
the warboss on the O&G book is also glossy.

Spiney Norman
04-04-2011, 15:57

Fair enough, although this sounds like somebodies rather sketchy guess based on what the O&G cover was like. The fact that he can't say whether the figure on the front was a priest or a prince or whether the army in the background was in a battle scene or not kinda makes me think he hasn't actually seen it.

The pic on the back inside cover of Apr WD was awesome, although not particularly similar to other AB covers.

BlackVomit
04-04-2011, 16:10
The pic on the back inside cover of Apr WD was awesome, although not particularly similar to other AB covers.

Agreed. I'm hoping it features somewhere in the new armybook.

Xenthick
04-04-2011, 16:23
Agreed. I'm hoping it features somewhere in the new armybook.

It will most likely be in there somewhere (Maybe as the inside cover page with author information?) but I doubt it will be the cover. Just too different, In spite of how awesome it is and would be on the cover of a new book.

overlordofnobodies
04-04-2011, 18:15

By just do you have or now where I can find a pic of this? As I will likely not see the WD any time soon.

White_13oy
04-04-2011, 18:57
It was in the thread that was taken away, so someone would have had to save it manually.

VenomBlood
04-04-2011, 19:21
By just do you have or now where I can find a pic of this? As I will likely not see the WD any time soon.

It was in the thread that was taken away, so someone would have had to save it manually.

Enjoy!
http://a.yfrog.com/img616/4876/km6ob.jpg

overlordofnobodies
04-04-2011, 19:27
THANK YOU!:skull:

gdsora
04-04-2011, 19:32
Man
That picture is so awesome.

I can not wait till Wednesday...
I have been waiting forever for this

Aeron
04-04-2011, 21:17
Oh come on - ive just been reading the dark eldar, tau and necron rumours - is our armybook delayed or something?

Kool picture, I like it more than my initial veiwing...

Throw us a bone somebody...seriously.

Nate

Skywave
04-04-2011, 21:46
Oh come on - ive just been reading the dark eldar, tau and necron rumours - is our armybook delayed or something?

Nate

I've seen the Tau one too, I guess TK are that impopular that anything but TK will get rumors, even if only a few days from unveiling. Quite sad :(

Gonzoyola
04-04-2011, 22:04
Yeah, you slam your hammer in there, the enemy keeps hitting skeletons as they are so much easier to kill and the hammer unit crumbles badly... I mean, most rounds that my HW/Shield skellies are in combat they usually lose with at least 10, that is 3 whole Ushabti or Chariots, one dead Bone Giant or 10 dead TG. Of course this scenario is not really all that realistic but I'd rather not hit a unit the skeleton unit is in CC with if I can't eliminate them all that turn.

Alright, a little amateur math hammer right here.

lets give the unit being anviled the benefit of the doubt of being elite, say a unit of Great Swords. They hit the front, and boy are they gonna chop up some skeletons. out of 15 attacks, I would be surprised to see less than 10 drop after missed wounds, rerolled misses, and 6+ parry. Now lets say we have our "Hammer" on the flank, say a unit of 6 Ushabti, odds are with the ushabti, assuming that they will probably have GW, lets say they have base 3 attacks, 18 attacks. lets say they roll extremely average and whiff 9 attacks, then lets say that they roll two 1s out of the 9 hits, we have 7 dead Swordmasters. Throw in stomps, and get an extra 3 kills probably, there is your 10 kills from ushabti. Now throw in the fodder kills from Skeletons getting in about 21 attacks, probably killing a measly 3 or so models, now we have a flank, and most likely more ranks, maybe even netting some CR on top fo keeping them from being stubborn.

I dont think your predicitions are as accurately horrifying as you make them sound.

BramGaunt
04-04-2011, 22:08
24 - 36 hours befor Black Boxes hit the shops. I'll make a nice summary soon =)

Esco Thomson
04-04-2011, 22:19

Not soon enough.

Waited what, closer to ten years for this...

Finally a reason to stop abusing my Skaven...

A nice summary would be fantastic as soon as people start seeing the book. Remember to hit the key parts first:

Armywide rules, Magic, new toys, etc.

Gonzoyola
04-04-2011, 22:24

<3

Seriously though, I will throw in my rant of how slim our rumors have been by comparing it to the Beastmen launch, for those who werent around.

By the time that November / December came around we knew:

- Harpies
- Pumbagors
- Cyclops (Cygor)
- Had an official picture release that was clearly a doombull face
- Knew our Minos were redone
- Knew our gors / Ungors were split
- Knew our Bestigors were in plastic.
- Knew how many "new" Blisters we were getting

Tomb Kings -
- Core not redone
- Plastic TG

Everything else in TK is speculation.

Echunia
04-04-2011, 22:24

Ihhhh! Can't wait really the most agonizing wait for info for an army ever.

Korraz
04-04-2011, 22:30
Everything else in TK is speculation.

I blame the guy that leaked the NDK pictures and the GK codex. I bet some headbashing ensued.

Coldblood666
04-04-2011, 22:50
Well we were promised a "slew" of new miniatures so im expecting this release to blow everyone out of the water. After 10 years we should expect no less.

Maglok
04-04-2011, 22:58
I am actually a little bouncy. Can't wait for this. Years! YEARS I say! :)

White_13oy
04-04-2011, 23:05
I think now the CD have more info than us. My FLGS was told by their GW rep. that nothing was coming this friday. Shows how much GW cares about us, I'm honestly getting a bit peeved.

gero_nz
05-04-2011, 02:05
Afternoon Guys

I walked into GW today when the black box models were being handed out to staff to be assembled. I didn't see much but I confirm the rumor i saw on here recently of a large ridden snake/worm creature.

I would estimate on the pictures roughly the same size as the Trygon/Mawlock on the new Fantasy monster base (Doomwheel/spider etc)

Cheers

Gonzoyola
05-04-2011, 02:18
Afternoon Guys

I walked into GW today when the black box models were being handed out to staff to be assembled. I didn't see much but I confirm the rumor i saw on here recently of a large ridden snake/worm creature.

I would estimate on the pictures roughly the same size as the Trygon/Mawlock on the new Fantasy monster base (Doomwheel/spider etc)

Cheers

So you walked into a GW that has a black box, and you didnt read the book / ask a thousand questions / risk getting yelled at to peak a little harder, knowing the praise of a thousand fans that would dowse you in love if you came with even the slightest bit of information?

Well thanks for what you did bring, but you get a D- for effort

slxiii
05-04-2011, 02:21
Afternoon Guys

Cheers

what? I mean, not trying to contradict you, but this sounds completely ridiculous. Not only does it sound ridiculous, but it doesnt seem to fit the army at all. If that's the black boxes, we'll see it in a few days, but man... hopefully they can at least make it fit with the army :eyebrows:

Coldblood666
05-04-2011, 02:38
Afternoon Guys

Cheers

There is a HUGE difference between the doomwheel base and the spider base :eyebrows:

Is this creature all you saw? Did you see anything else?

Thanks for the info :D

gero_nz
05-04-2011, 02:38
So you walked into a GW that has a black box, and you didnt read the book / ask a thousand questions / risk getting yelled at to peak a little harder, knowing the praise of a thousand fans that would dowse you in love if you came with even the slightest bit of information?

Well thanks for what you did bring, but you get a D- for effort

Who the hell are you to make a judgement call on how much effort I did or didn't put in?

Of course I asked questions and if the book were available of course I would have looked at it, but you should know bloody well how tight lipped the GW staff are being currently by the volume of rumor material available two days before the black box is revealed.

But don't worry if my post didn't reach your high standards or go into great step by step detail of my lunch break today, I won't bother next time.

Chris_
05-04-2011, 02:42
Alright, a little amateur math hammer right here.

lets give the unit being anviled the benefit of the doubt of being elite, say a unit of Great Swords. They hit the front, and boy are they gonna chop up some skeletons. out of 15 attacks, I would be surprised to see less than 10 drop after missed wounds, rerolled misses, and 6+ parry. Now lets say we have our "Hammer" on the flank, say a unit of 6 Ushabti, odds are with the ushabti, assuming that they will probably have GW, lets say they have base 3 attacks, 18 attacks. lets say they roll extremely average and whiff 9 attacks, then lets say that they roll two 1s out of the 9 hits, we have 7 dead Swordmasters. Throw in stomps, and get an extra 3 kills probably, there is your 10 kills from ushabti. Now throw in the fodder kills from Skeletons getting in about 21 attacks, probably killing a measly 3 or so models, now we have a flank, and most likely more ranks, maybe even netting some CR on top fo keeping them from being stubborn.

I dont think your predicitions are as accurately horrifying as you make them sound.Are you doing Swordmasters or Great Swords? ;) I'll do Sword Masters:

Lets say they are not ranked up for maximum damage (i.e. each rank has 5 instead of 7 or something). Swordmasters go first, they will kill around 10 skellies like you said. Then the ones to the side hit Ushabti, that would be 12 attacks, 7 wounds. I.e. two dead Ushabti before they can strike back. That means a total of 17 wounds for the SM side.

Skellies ranked up in 5 only get 11 attacks, which means on a good day 2 dead SM. Ushabti (only 4 left) get 12 attacks, whiffs 6, wounds 5. Including stomp you might get 8-9 dead SM. I.e. a total of 10-11 wounds.

Still a difference of around 7 wounds. With flank and charge that means 5 more skellies die and 1 more ushabti + 1 ushabti that has only 1 wound left.

Next turn the Undead are really dead :p

Yeah, but of course I might have been exaggerating a bit :angel: But you get the point. Skeletons being as weak as they are now and with the crumbling mechanism aren't very good anvils. Ushabti on the other hand are quite good hammers :D

Esco Thomson
05-04-2011, 02:45
Who the hell are you to make a judgement call on how much effort I did or didn't put in?

Of course I asked questions and if the book were available of course I would have looked at it, but you should know bloody well how tight lipped the GW staff are being currently by the volume of rumor material available two days before the black box is revealed.

But don't worry if my post didn't reach your high standards or go into great step by step detail of my lunch break today, I won't bother next time.

Some people appreciate any info, others are likely just stark raving mad and snapping at the hands attempting to feed them..

I wouldn't take offense, especially considering that Warseer is part of the internet...so don't take anything too serious.

That said, thanks for the tidbit, and what questions did you ask/did you get any answers?

ChaplainAvorus96
05-04-2011, 02:46
Gero_nz, Thanks for the tid bit! I know some have not apperciated it as much as others, but as a long time lurker of these tomb king threads after the announced book re do. I will say thank you! Gives me hope that we tomb kings can compete with other creatures and machines in other armies!

GodlessM
05-04-2011, 02:48

Whereas Goyonzola was a tad harsh in his treatment, he makes a good point in that the black boxes are partly meant for advertising and hyping up the army; GW aren't tight lipped about something they are sort of meant to show off.

Chris_
05-04-2011, 02:51
Afternoon Guys

Cheers:eek: Hehe, seriously though, that is interesting. Kinda far out there from what I'd expected.

Can't wait till tomorrow, sadly around my neck of the woods there are no official GW store so no black boxes :(

Nice tidbit though! Thanks. FYI, Doomwheel is on a 50x100 base (chariot sized base) and the spider is on a 100x150 base (biggest base so far). You meant the bigger spider base?

gero_nz
05-04-2011, 02:53
Whereas Goyonzola was a tad harsh in his treatment, he makes a good point in that the black boxes are partly meant for advertising and hyping up the army; GW aren't tight lipped about something they are sort of meant to show off.

Of course they are for advertising, but they also come with a big date stamped on them saying when they can be made available to the general public. Until the box is officially is officially opened in store (6th or 7th of the month depending where you live) then the staff cannot as per their contract give you any information.

The only reason I saw anything at all is because their was no1 else in the store, and they didn't see me until I had a quick look over their shoulder at the construction instructions for the one of the models.

Nice tidbit though! FYI, Doomwheel is on a 50x100 base (chariot sized base) and the spider is on a 100x150 base (new super big). You meant the bigger spider base?

Yea sorry I havent had a good look at the spider base, was just trying to give an impression of size. I didn't get a very close look before it was all covered up by some quick moving staff :(

Gonzoyola
05-04-2011, 02:54

Although I rarely find myself agreeing with Sir Godless over here, he recognizes my point. Black boxes don't have a "release" date. when they come in they are open to the public, there is no reason that GW staff would hold back the book if the box is in.

Maybe my thanking him for the little bit of information was my mistake, I should have just simply implied that I don't believe him.

GodlessM
05-04-2011, 02:54
Fair enough gero, but remember, you put your foot in it now and if you are mistaken come Wednesday the masses will be out for blood ;)

ExquisiteMonkey
05-04-2011, 02:56
Cheers for the info Gero_NZ - it must be good living a day ahead of most of the rest of the world.....and a couple of hours ahead of Aus....seeing things in the future and reporting back to help society.

Do you plan on popping back into said GW on the 6th/7th to get a proper glimpse of the goodies to feed the ravening hordes?

Gonzoyola
05-04-2011, 02:57
Are you doing Swordmasters or Great Swords? ;) I'll do Sword Masters:

Lets say they are not ranked up for maximum damage (i.e. each rank has 5 instead of 7 or something). Swordmasters go first, they will kill around 10 skellies like you said. Then the ones to the side hit Ushabti, that would be 12 attacks, 7 wounds. I.e. two dead Ushabti before they can strike back. That means a total of 17 wounds for the SM side.

Skellies ranked up in 5 only get 11 attacks, which means on a good day 2 dead SM. Ushabti (only 4 left) get 12 attacks, whiffs 6, wounds 5. Including stomp you might get 8-9 dead SM. I.e. a total of 10-11 wounds.

Still a difference of around 7 wounds. With flank and charge that means 5 more skellies die and 1 more ushabti + 1 ushabti that has only 1 wound left.

Next turn the Undead are really dead :p

Yeah, but of course I might have been exaggerating a bit :angel: But you get the point. Skeletons being as weak as they are now and with the crumbling mechanism aren't very good anvils. Ushabti on the other hand are quite good hammers :D

Your example raises a couple of questions...

My first being, if all of the swordmasters that can attack forward do, and we are talking about a unit of 20 Swordmasters, where do you get 12 attacks to the Ushabti on the flank? AFAIK you would have 2 Swordmasters on the side to attack with, on 3's and 3's, if they are lucky they will take out a single model.

The second being, the fact that this math hammer is based on a HORDE of 50 skeletons, and by that logic did you even pay attention to what this was based on, or just try jumping in with your own variables?

Yamabushi
05-04-2011, 03:05
First off, Thanks Gero!

Secondly, just to point out that our skeletons are capped at 40 per unit, so a horde of 50 is not possible, you boys might want to do some recalculations.... :)

Gonzoyola
05-04-2011, 03:06
First off, Thanks Gero!

Secondly, just to point out that our skeletons are capped at 40 per unit, so a horde of 50 is not possible, you boys might want to do some recalculations.... :)

Unless you know something I don't about the new book, we aren't sure of that cap still being in place. After all, the book was made when people ranked up in 4s.

Yamabushi
05-04-2011, 03:08
That is true Gonzoyola, however, you and Chris are doing calculations using stats of the current book, right?

Chris_
05-04-2011, 03:14
Your example raises a couple of questions...

My first being, if all of the swordmasters that can attack forward do, and we are talking about a unit of 20 Swordmasters, where do you get 12 attacks to the Ushabti on the flank? AFAIK you would have 2 Swordmasters on the side to attack with, on 3's and 3's, if they are lucky they will take out a single model.

The second being, the fact that this math hammer is based on a HORDE of 50 skeletons, and by that logic did you even pay attention to what this was based on, or just try jumping in with your own variables?Where are you getting 20 SM from? Why would you get to use around 800 points and HE only around 300? My calculations where based on a 5x7+ (5 being frontage) formation of SM where each SM has 2 attacks and 6-7 can strike at the Ushabti.

And skellies being used as anvils in a horde formation? (over the cap 40 as well...) Then I think you have missed the point of what an anvil is. In a real anvil formation 5x8 (5 being frontage) my math is correct (to the extent that is interesting for this topic).

Gonzoyola
05-04-2011, 03:20
Where are you getting 20 SM from? Why would you get to use around 800-900 points and HE only around 300? My calculations where based on a 5x7+ (5 being frontage) formation of SM where each SM has 2 attacks and 6-7 can strike at the Ushabti.

And skellies being used as anvils in a horde formation? (over the cap 40 as well...) Then I think you have missed the point of what an anvil is.

The point of an undead anvil? its unbreakable. ranks don't matter. A horde formation of skeletons is just as useful, actually MORE so because youre getting more chance to attack back = more chance to defend.

I don't know about you though, but I dont often see blocks of 35 Swordmasters flying around. We are talking in the capacity of models that people have. I have 110 skeletons, which makes it easy to horde 50 (as long as the cap of 40 is NOT still in place, which it would be really likely that it isnt, seeing as that rule is based on about 10 years ago, where as I said units ranked in 4s anyway) Most of the posts I see from TK players, are players who have stated they dont wish to replace 90 - 100 skeletons.

Also, I dont get how you pull 6-7 guys able to attack the ushabti with 2 ranks out of 7 attacking the front. Your numbers seem more like a scatter to try and save face on your argument.

Chris_
05-04-2011, 03:31
The point of an undead anvil? its unbreakable. ranks don't matter. A horde formation of skeletons is just as useful, actually MORE so because youre getting more chance to attack back = more chance to defend.If someone sees a horde of crappy skellies with unstable you can be damn sure they also horde up to kill as many skellies as possible. Well, at least if they have some sense of tactics and/or mathhammer ;) You can do the mathammer on a SM unit of 30 in a 10x3 (10 being the front) against a horde of skellies...

I don't know about you though, but I dont often see blocks of 35 Swordmasters flying around. We are talking in the capacity of models that people have. I have 110 skeletons, which makes it easy to horde 50 (as long as the cap of 40 is NOT still in place, which it would be really likely that it isnt, seeing as that rule is based on about 10 years ago, where as I said units ranked in 4s anyway) Most of the posts I see from TK players, are players who have stated they dont wish to replace 90 - 100 skeletons.Well, I don't know about you but I don't see that many units of 50 HW/Shield skeleton units around either... :rolleyes: Seriously though, if your comparison is going to have some merit it needs to be reasonably fair and realistic. Someone with 20 SM is not going to put them in a position without any support whatsoever. I see 30-35 SM units quite reguraly.

Also, I dont get how you pull 6-7 guys able to attack the ushabti with 2 ranks out of 7 attacking the front. Your numbers seem more like a scatter to try and save face on your argument.The unit is 7 deep, the front guy (in b2b with skeletons) can choose to either strike skeletons OR ushabti, the rest of the six guys strike ushabti with 2 attacks each. Remember that the ushabti have a frontage of 120 mm and 7 SM a total basewidth of 140 mm, i.e. each guy can strike.

Edit: Now I have to admit that using SM as an argument is actually a bit in favor of my position as they are very good at killing both Skellies and Ushabti :p

Gonzoyola
05-04-2011, 03:40
If someone sees a horde of crappy skellies with unstable you can be damn sure they also horde up to kill as many skellies as possible. Well, at least if they have some sense of tactics and/or mathhammer ;) You can do the mathammer on a SM unit of 30 in a 10x3 (10 being the front) against a horde of skellies...

Well, I don't know about you but I don't see that many units of 50 HW/Shield skeleton units around either... :rolleyes: Seriously though, if your comparison is going to have some merit it needs to be reasonably fair and realistic. Someone with 20 SM is not going to put them in a position without any support whatsoever. I see 30-35 SM units quite reguraly.

The unit is 7 deep, the front guy (in b2b with skeletons) can choose to either strike skeletons OR ushabti, the rest of the six guys strike ushabti with 2 attacks each. Remember that the ushabti have a frontage of 120 mm and 7 SM a total basewidth of 140 mm, i.e. each guy can strike.

Well my last post in this senseless argument is this: Are you going to horde 30 swordmasters and attack the skeletons, or are you going to go 7 deep and attack the Ushabti? Your post is hypocritical at best. Your argument holds no merit because Im not going to slam a unit of 50 skeletons into a horde of Swordmasters that has 30 models. Now lets rework the situation, That horde of skeletons attacks ANYTHING else, and Ushabti flank ANYTHING else, and the tactic is viable. (Because lets face it, not every unit out there is a GW / Always strike first/ always reroll hits broken PoS)

The only point I care to make out of this, is 50 Skeletons with Hw/Shield are a viable anvil, horded or not, and anyone who says otherwise is, well, dim. Or just arguing for the sake of arguing.

Chris_
05-04-2011, 03:45
Well my last post in this senseless argument is this: Are you going to horde 30 swordmasters and attack the skeletons, or are you going to go 7 deep and attack the Ushabti? Your post is hypocritical at best. Your argument holds no merit because Im not going to slam a unit of 50 skeletons into a horde of Swordmasters that has 30 models. Now lets rework the situation, That horde of skeletons attacks ANYTHING else, and Ushabti flank ANYTHING else, and the tactic is viable.

The only point I care to make out of this, is 50 Skeletons with Hw/Shield are a viable anvil, horded or not, and anyone who says otherwise is, well, dim.*sigh*

My post is not hypocritical at all. You're trying to do math on an unrealistic situation, I did it on a more realistic one to prove my point. But maybe all the players you play with are playing sub-optimal lists and uses tactics that are not very refined?

On anything else, with a horded skeletons, you are going to have a hard time as well. I know, I've tried it... Several times, until I just skipped CC-oriented skellies totally in favour of Tomb Guards.

Coldblood666
05-04-2011, 03:53
My buddy that works at the local hobby store said the monster is called a "Necrosphynx" and rivals the Hellpit in size. He also said there are indeed undead snakes on cavalry bases called necropolis warriors/guardians or something like that. Not much as far as rumours I know but atleast its something...kinda.

bluemage
05-04-2011, 04:06
So it turns out it was snake cavalry was the new unit harry was talking about. I'm wondering just how many new units and options we tk players got with this new book.

Anyways I'd like to thank everyone for sharing what they know about the new tks.

White_13oy
05-04-2011, 04:11
A giant snake I would be fine with, but snake calvary seems stupid.

Chris_
05-04-2011, 04:16
A giant snake I would be fine with, but snake calvary seems stupid.I'm going to reserve final judgement until I see the models and read the fluff. But for now, well it is going to be a unit that I will either love or hate...

Skywave
05-04-2011, 04:37
For the time I waited for a new book, I'm open to all new unit they want to introduce :p As long as it look good and work well in-game (and not a overpriced piece of crap or overpowered unit my friends will hate to play against), I'm in!

Mictlan
05-04-2011, 04:57
Someone from the Tomb Kings of Khemri Forums (http://tomb-kings.net/index.php?showtopic=6942&st=175) got lucky with a black box:

Originally posted by themidget428

Good news is, though, my store(which is a factory store) got their Black box today. Containing 2 different sets.

and let me say, holy $*!t the sculps are beautiful.

one box had the snake guys in it. they come in sets o 3 and can be assembled 2 ways, The Necropolis Knights are effin skellys surfin on snakes. (hello heavy cav im assuming since we dont have a codex yet to base it on) the other ones are Sepulcher Stalkers, which are like giant lahmian creatures with big weapons. (think snake ushabti)
best part, i got to put one of the knights together.

the other one was da sphinx. as we thought it has 2 variants,
the Necrosphinx which is omfg super uber killy mcawesome. the other one is the warsphinx which like a stegadon has a howdah that can have 4 skellys on it or just a tomb king. idk what it does, but it as well looks sweet.

hopes this makes everyones day go by so much better.

Everything i mentioned was on a chariot base. the necrosphinx has ******* GIANT BLADE ARMS. and wings and 4 lion legs, and a scorpion tail. AND GIANT ******* BLADE ARMS.

lol i bugged my friend who worked in the retail part there and helped him do all of his stuff so we could open the box. XD

I would have loved to put a stalker together, but him and another staff member called dibs on the stalkers and they decided there should be a knight put together to show all the options.

ive already got an idea, from the way they ride on the giant asps, using the leftover riders that arent used from making the stalkers, you can take their full body shields and have em surfin on a wave of sand. it would look sweeet.

Chris_
05-04-2011, 05:09
Nice find :) So seems like the dual option special cavalry rumour and the Sphinx rumour were both correct. The Warsphinx with Tomb King on top does sound very tempting :D

Awesome-sauce! Can't wait for pics tomorrow. Maybe it is time to create a new thread in N&R?

Aeron
05-04-2011, 05:48
Sweet baby jebus, surfing on snakes - is that the sequel to snakes on a plane? Sounds terrible, of course as a previous poster mention full judgment until rules and pics are released!

I remember more than a month ago someone mentioned surfing skeletons on snakes and everybody had a bloody good laugh at him....turns out he was right all along by the sounds of it....

Any word on new character models??

So far we have heavy cav moster things - two types

and two types of sphinx, correct?

This release is gonna be epic or ....epic fail.

*edit* cheers to everyone who has contributed rumours and discussion :)

Nate.

Gonzoyola
05-04-2011, 06:15
Looks like I owe someone an apology haha

AlexHolker
05-04-2011, 06:31
...the other ones are Sepulcher Stalkers, which are like giant lahmian creatures with big weapons. (think snake ushabti)
So... naga? I'll have to wait to see how undead they and the Sphinx are, but I'm interested in these, at least in theory.

Aeron
05-04-2011, 07:27
So... naga? I'll have to wait to see how undead they and the Sphinx are, but I'm interested in these, at least in theory.

Whats a naga?

If these "things" are like Ushabti what role to Ushabti fill??

Cheers

Nate.

Barghest
05-04-2011, 07:27
I'll be very surprised if this is all true. However, if it, stay back because I may soil myself with delight.

Coldblood666
05-04-2011, 07:31
Whats a naga?

If these "things" are like Ushabti what role to Ushabti fill??

Cheers

Nate.
Maybe they are faster or have special rules that make them unique or something. Or maybe they have poison attacks or "It came from below". Who knows, im excited to see them though! :)

Spiney Norman
05-04-2011, 07:35
A giant snake I would be fine with, but snake calvary seems stupid.

Well perhaps, it depends entirely on how they model the mount and the riders, its not outside the realms of possibility that they might be totally awesome, though I agree its not the most logical add for an undead Egyptian army. Still, snakes will fit my Zandri themed army like a glove, I shall call them "scions of Qu-aph"

What I'd like to know is are we talking about Monstrous cavalry that work like blood crushers, or a ridden monster? The rumours about a big sphynx monster make me think the former (otherwise it would make 3 monsters in the TK list which seems a little high), but there's no way they would put a monstrous cavalry on a chariot base (or realistically any base larger than 50x50)

Nate
Don't worry about it, there are always more rumours for 40K armies, there are fewer rumourers/rumour sources that care about fantasy, and fewer still that care about TK.

Skywave
05-04-2011, 07:44
Well perhaps, it depends entirely on how they model the mount and the riders, its not outside the realms of possibility that they might be totally awesome, though I agree its not the most logical add for an undead Egyptian army. Still, snakes will fit my Zandri themed army like a glove, I shall call them "scions of Qu-aph"

What I'd like to know is are we talking about Monstrous cavalry that work like blood crushers, or a ridden monster? The rumours about a big sphynx monster make me think the former (otherwise it would make 3 monsters in the TK list which seems a little high), but there's no way they would put a monstrous cavalry on a chariot base (or realistically any base larger than 50x50)

Since we are rumored to get chariots in core/special/rare, and those are said to be on chariot base, it wouldn't surprise me it they are used as some kind of chariot.

AlexHolker
05-04-2011, 07:55
Whats a naga?
A humanoid creature with the legs replaced by a snake's tail, similar to one depiction of the mythological character Lamia.

I'm hoping the Sepulcher Stalkers will make a good alternative to Kroxigor.

giant stegadon
05-04-2011, 15:54
wow so geno_nz wasn't lying. kudos sir, I'm sorry they were mean to you.

GodlessM
05-04-2011, 18:41
I'm hoping the Sepulcher Stalkers will make a good alternative to Kroxigor.

Not even close.

P.S. Might wanna chance your sig there.

AlexHolker
05-04-2011, 20:41
Not even close.
So I see.

P.S. Might wanna chance your sig there.
I figured I'd wait a few days, just to make sure the Necrons aren't getting an Incoming! announcement this month.

lparigi34
05-04-2011, 22:08
Cobra Riders? Nice models, both the riders and the necron-type. Depending on the rules they might see a place in my army or not, but definitely will get the models. BTW, what happened to the new model for the Bone Giant? Nothing yet? I am also praying for new Liche Priest models.

The new TG is quite nice! Luckily I never painted my metal clone-guard-troopers, so this new ones will see action rather soon.

The ridden sphinx model is kinda cool-but-static (specially the ridden one), the sphinx guy looks awesome for me.

I am waiting for more rule-rumors please!!! Have not seen many yet.

Deaf Paradox
05-04-2011, 23:05
The Necro Knights mount's to off to me, why didn't gamesworkshop engage their brain and used crocodiles instead.

These would have been perfect imo.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/science/2009/nov/19/galloping-dinosaur-eating-crocodiles

GodlessM
06-04-2011, 00:16
Don't know where everyone got the idea there was new Bone Giant from. One guy posted saying there would be one, but he also said the whole range is being redone apart from the Skeletons pretty much.

gero_nz
06-04-2011, 01:15
wow so geno_nz wasn't lying. kudos sir, I'm sorry they were mean to you.

Thanks mate :)

Truth be told I shouldn't have let it irritate me as much as it did, I play WoW afterall. Just didn't quite expect the response I got from this community.

Live and learn eh.

On another note.... Not sold on the Sphinx with the crew on top, however the other one.... I'll take six thanks.

lparigi34
06-04-2011, 14:18
Don't know where everyone got the idea there was new Bone Giant from. One guy posted saying there would be one, but he also said the whole range is being redone apart from the Skeletons pretty much.

I took it from the fact that the current model look is awful & dumb :p... actually it is part of my wish list of changes: Bone Giant, Liche Priests, Icon Bearer, actually I have no idea if that is going to happen... as to avoid flaming; this is just my humble opinion.