PDA

View Full Version : Yet another Skaven Ard Boyz List!

Dante blackfur
31-03-2011, 23:16
Ok, Another Idea of pts Denial. I didn't read anything about banning Special Charecters in Ard Boyz, So please correct me if im wrong here. but anyways heres the List/Idea.

Lord Skrolk 470 pts

Plague Priest W/furnace 250 pts

x85 Plague Monks w/FC, Banner of the Under Empire 645 pts
x85 Plague Monks w/FC, Storm Banner 670 pts
x62 Plague Monks w/FC

Total 2997 pts

What do you think?

librisrouge
01-04-2011, 03:15
Armies with capable enough magic defense may be able to ignore your army and come at you from an advantageous position. It's no guaranty but it's at least an option, one that I'd try for. Barring that there is the possibility terrain will handicap you too poorly with those huge blocks.

Either way it looks like a tough nut to crack.

Odominus
01-04-2011, 05:11
Only 1 unit of Plague Monks gets a magic banner.

Jack Shrapnel
12-04-2011, 15:53
Since you only get one banner I'd choose the stormbanner with your list.

Also I'd lower some of your plague monk numbers to get two big slave blocks to protect your flanks, with musician to be able to turn and meet any threats being sent around to your flanks, as that really is the only way to try and deal with the furnace blocks (to ensure the furnace isn't in combat)... so you know people will try it...

would look extremely cool on the battlefield I'll give you that!

Trodger87
13-04-2011, 02:49
Maybe with the points drop from the banner you should get the ironcurse icon for your unit with Skrolk? Those big guns hurt furnaces (and their units) pretty bad when the winds die down

GreenSpeed
13-04-2011, 03:54
Consider taking some magic weapons and/or ward saves on your priest to keep them alive longer.

Skaven-1989
15-04-2011, 00:12
I would genuinely knock some monks down and take some censor bearers for each flank, 2 units of 6 will do, it'll stop someone shreading your army from the side, plus they hit hard !