PDA

View Full Version : 2000 points OnG...

BigbyWolf
01-04-2011, 13:22
Some of you may be shocked by this, but this is a new list for the OnG 8th edition armybook!

I'm sure there can't have been many of these posted in the last month or so...:shifty: Anyway, enough of the silliness...onto an entirely more sensible subject, the list!

Now, I made this earlier and don't have the actual list with me, so will recreate it as best as I can. (Basically...please excuse any silly errors...) :p

Lords

Orc Warboss- Fencers Blades, Glittering Scales, Talisman of Endurance(?- the one with the 5+ Ward), Potion of Speed

Night Goblin Great Shaman- Dispel Scroll

Heroes

Night Goblin Big Boss- BSB, MR2 item

2x Night Goblin Big Bosses- Great Weapons

Core

40 Orcs- F/C, Shields
50 Night Goblins- Spears, Nets, 2x Fanatics, Mus, Standard
20 Night Goblins- Bows (Bunker for BSB and Shaman)
5 Spider Riders- Bows, Mus

Special

24 Black Orcs- FC, Flaming Banner
6 Boar Boy Big 'Uns- Full Kit & Command, War Banner
2 Wolf Chariots
2 Spear Chukkas

And unless memory fails me...I think that's it. A total of 2000 points exactly.

Feel free to suggest any changes. With regards to other models...I've been selling off a lot of old figures (REALLY old, in some cases) and replacing them with newer ones, so my army is currently in a semi-state of limbo, but I have the following:

Various characters including Great Squig, Spider and Wyvern-mounted
150 Night Goblin with Spears, 60 with Bows, and a selection of netters/ fanatics
5 Spider Riders
20 Orcs (and another 60 Mantic Orcs in the pipeline)
Many Snotlings
Many Trolls
Many Giants

So, please, rip it apart and tell me what you think! :D

sssk
01-04-2011, 13:57
Lords

Orc Warboss- Fencers Blades, Glittering Scales, Talisman of Endurance(?- the one with the 5+ Ward), Potion of Speed---------nice, but fairly expensive (I think). I see what you're going for, but is it better than a 4+ ward?

Night Goblin Great Shaman- Dispel Scroll-----------I'd pump him up to level 4 instead of the scroll.

Heroes

Night Goblin Big Boss- BSB, MR2 item------------is this due to your metagame? I don't know that I've ever seen MR come in handy. I'd swap it for the ironcurse icon, or a nice ward save for him, or just dump it and not replace it.

2x Night Goblin Big Bosses- Great Weapons------------of course

Core

40 Orcs- F/C, Shields------------nice
50 Night Goblins- Spears, Nets, 2x Fanatics, Mus, Standard------------nice
20 Night Goblins- Bows (Bunker for BSB and Shaman)-----------nice, maybe add a banner for that scenario
5 Spider Riders- Bows, Mus---------expensive, I've not found bows to be too great, musician, maybe, but not bows

Special

24 Black Orcs- FC, Flaming Banner------------maybe try and get them a touch bigger (30 or so)?
6 Boar Boy Big 'Uns- Full Kit & Command, War Banner--------again, maybe a bit bigger (10?)
2 Wolf Chariots---------------nice
2 Spear Chukkas---------------nice

I have the following:

Various characters including Great Squig, Spider and Wyvern-mounted
150 Night Goblin with Spears, 60 with Bows, and a selection of netters/ fanatics
5 Spider Riders
20 Orcs (and another 60 Mantic Orcs in the pipeline)
Many Snotlings
Many Trolls
Many Giants

So what might I change? You say you have many trolls, yet none of them are in this list. i find this amazing. Why on earth would a greenskin general not use every single troll they can lay their hands on? They're just fantastic. Personally I'd use trolls instead of black orcs, but I know that's a very personal choice, as they're very balanced, so it comes down to personal preference.

At some stage in the near future (aka asap) I'd also get a doom diver, because they're just brilliant.

Other than that, my comments are in the quote. hope that gives you food for thought

BigbyWolf
01-04-2011, 14:33
*Snip*

Cheers for the quick reply...to repond:

I neglected to mention the Shaman was a level 4, so I can keep the scroll!
The Warboss is more about the look of the model. He's converted from a shaman and has 2 choppas, so I was going to paint him up with glittering robes (or shadowy, dependin gon how my painting improves...). I like the idea of an Orc trying to fence with a massive pair of axes! The potion of speed is just there to give him a one-off boost against anything other than an elf.

As for the BSB, I'm intending to bunker him out of harms way (along with the Shaman), and just intended the MR to give a little protection against magic being targetted against the unit. It's not important, so can be dropped if needed. Likewise the bows on the spider riders are by no means neccesary, should any points be needed then they can go.

The Black Orcs are all I have at the moment (anf they are the mid-90's plastic ones...). I never found them worthwhile in 7th so didn't get round to buying any more. Perhaps swapping for trolls is a good idea...they usually make up the backbone of a MoC army, but I'm sure they'd love to party with the greenskins.

The Boar Boys- I used to run a unit of 10 of them, and would be happy to go back to that...I just don't have the models at the moment!

BigbyWolf
02-04-2011, 13:10
Double Post...

Ok, so I've review the army and made a couple of changes...

Lords

Orc Warboss- Shield, Armour of Destiny, Obsidian Blade- 218
Night Goblin Great Shaman- Level 4, Dispel Scroll- 200

Heroes

Night Goblin Big Boss- BSB, Talisman of Endurance- 85
3x Night Goblin Big Bosses- Great Weapons- 114

Core

40 Orcs- F/C, Shields- 315
50 Night Goblins- Spears, Nets, 2x Fanatics, Mus, Standard- 265
20 Night Goblins- Bows, Standard (Bunker for BSB and Shaman)- 70
5 Spider Riders- Bows, Mus- 75

Special

10 Boar Boy Big 'Uns- Full Kit & Command, Flaming Banner- 285
2 Wolf Chariots- 100
2 Spear Chukkas- 70
6 Trolls- 210

So, basically I've changed my Orc Warboss (I've now painted up Gorfang Rotgut, and he makes a great Warboss.), given him the 4+ ward armour and he now ignores saves. A decent all-rounder.

I dropped the Black Orcs and beefed up the Boars, I transferred the Flaming Banner onto them as I think the extra 4 Orcs will blance out the lack of the Warbanner. I also brought in some trolls, obviously they'll be supporting the main battle-line of Orcs and Night Goblins.

I had 39 points left over so invested in another NG big boss and kept the bows on the Spiders. One thing I could do is pop the Iron Curse icon onto a big boss (and stick him in with the Orcs) instead of keeping the bows.

Dark Aly
05-04-2011, 20:40
The iron curse icon may be more use on your bunker, maybe for your great shaman.