PDA

View Full Version : Ard boyz, Vamp Style!

Dante blackfur
01-04-2011, 17:22
yet another Idea for Ard Boyz, this time bringing up the bloodsuckers.

Lords:
x1 Vamp Lord -The cadaverous cuirass, ghoulkin, summon ghouls 260 pts

Heroes:
x1 Vampire w/BSB 125 pts
x1 Necromancer Invocation of Nehek, summon Ghoul 70 pts

Core:
x75 Zombies 300 pts
x50 Crypt Ghouls 400pts
x50 Crypt Ghouls 400pts
x50 Crypt Ghouls 400pts
x3 corpsecart w/Unholy Loadstone 300 pts

Special:
x30 Graveguard w/FC, Banner of the barrows 435 pts

Total 2970 pts
What do you think? I've never actually played Vamps before I just have a bunch of stuff :p all the help would be appreciated.

Kalandros
01-04-2011, 17:31
Whats the purpose of the zombies? No character may join them so they just seem to be a poor tarpit which will give free CR to enemies. I'd get more Grave Guards instead of zombies.

BigbyWolf
01-04-2011, 17:47
Have you given the Necros the summon Ghoul power? If you have, then I'm afraid you can't. The powers are Vampire only.

Yrrdead
02-04-2011, 06:12
Lord kit out looks anemic. There are plenty of lord builds out there on this forum.
I generally go caster. Expect to spend 380-430 on him. That is just the army.
Special characters are allowed so Vlad and Manfred are both viable options.

Wight King spam I get, necro spam whats the point?? Taking a couple with Vanhels is decent plan plus one acts as a d.scroll caddy. Take another look at bare bones wight kings. Also Manfred(hero) is pretty damn amazing for his points plus you can add any arcane item to him. Oh and use a Wight King BSB imo, cheaper and tougher with 3 wounds.

Core - I hate zombies but thats me. A large unit can be an okay pit/blocker especially with a buff (spell or helm). I find that lodestone is a waste, balefire is pretty darn powerful from turn 2-3 on. I would only take 2 if any though.

Special - like has been mentioned more grave guard is better. One horde(gw) with barrows and another bunch with hw+sh is what I've been using. That way I have two units that are decent on their own so I can focus support on other units.

Kalandros
02-04-2011, 16:14
Have you given the Necros the summon Ghoul power? If you have, then I'm afraid you can't. The powers are Vampire only.

Yeah I didn't notice that the first time I read the list but, Necromancers may NEVER raise ghouls beyond the starting number so those Necromancers are pretty much useless to your plan - If your lord increases one block to 60 ghouls, Necromancers cannot heal the unit beyond 50 ghouls regardless!

So drop those necromancers, they are ALL useless.

Sqallum
04-04-2011, 16:59
Yeah... I kinda agree. I hate zombies.. and why are they 4 points - clanrats have better ws, bs, t, s, poor leadership can be taken care of with ranks.... but they can't be reserected.. Please explain,
Sqallum :)

Chaseyboy1er
05-04-2011, 02:58
well, zombies, being as bad as they are, still cause fear, and are immune to psych. But regardless of that, I think that, first of all, this list is completely illegal, secondly i'm not the biggest fan of the lord, and hero vampire builds. I would suggest like stated above to take manfred the hero with maybe the bound dance book. i always find that useful. For the BSB, i would suggest taking the regeneration banner, and sticking that in a huge huge huge unit of grave guard. Bunkers work really well in with the new rules, and with the ability to be raised back up, it would take even longer to kill it completely.