PDA

View Full Version : Immune to Psy, Cavalry and flame attacks

Ironwarrior177
01-04-2011, 18:49
Its my understanding that flame based attacks automatically cause fear in cavalry units but i have a question concerning this.

I mainly play Bretonnians so if I were to give my mounted Paladin/Lord the Grail Vow, would they would be immune to fear if an enemy had flaming attacks?:confused:

Dark Reaper
01-04-2011, 18:58
To put it another way, flaming attacks gives the fear special rule against unit type: cavalry. Like in all other instances, a unit that is immune to fear would be immune to the fear caused by flaming attacks.

Da Crusha
01-04-2011, 20:21
in the immune to psychology section it says that the majority of the unit has to be immune to psychology to benefit from being ItP. this is the closest reference I could think of.

AMWOOD co
01-04-2011, 20:34
Its my understanding that flame based attacks automatically cause fear in cavalry units but i have a question concerning this.

I mainly play Bretonnians so if I were to give my mounted Paladin/Lord the Grail Vow, would they would be immune to fear if an enemy had flaming attacks?:confused:

A character with the Grail Vow in a unit of Questing Knights, Knights Errant, or Knights of the Realm will not make the unit Immune to Psychology, but will still be Immune to Fear on his own. If they engage in combat with a unit that causes Fear (eg. Daemons), then the Fear test will be taken on the unit's Ld, but whether the result is a pass or a fail the character will never suffer the penalty of having his WS reduced to 1 with the rest of his unit.

Ironwarrior177
02-04-2011, 00:13
Alright, thanks alot guys, thread closed