PDA

View Full Version : Using the 99 Mantic Orc deal as a strting point.

Getifa Ubazza
02-04-2011, 00:12
Orc Big Boss with BSB 80pts

30 Orcs with HW, shield and full command 245pts

40 Black Orcs with full command 515pts

Total 1330pts. I would like the army to be 2000pts.

The set also comes with a Warboss on Boar with HW and shield and a model that looks abit like a Night Goblin.

I also have 2 old metal Giants and a special collector Orc on foot with 2 HW's that could go in this army.

There is also a particular GW Orc Shaman that I would really like to get for this army.

BigbyWolf
02-04-2011, 14:08
I always enjoy seeing lots of Boyz in an army...I used to refuse to have anything Goblin-related in my Greenskin army, any may try a similar list if Mantics orcs look the part.

As for the list, I'd suggest banging the two units of Black Orcs together, these days one unit of 40 is very dangerous. for a 1500 point list I'd suggest popping the Shaman in there, and if you want to take it to 2000 points perhaps invest in another couple of characters or "level up" the Big Boss or Shaman (or both!).

If you can still fit a giant in, then do it...at worst it'll soak up a bit of missile-fire.

Getifa Ubazza
02-04-2011, 14:21
I always enjoy seeing lots of Boyz in an army...I used to refuse to have anything Goblin-related in my Greenskin army, any may try a similar list if Mantics orcs look the part.

As for the list, I'd suggest banging the two units of Black Orcs together, these days one unit of 40 is very dangerous. for a 1500 point list I'd suggest popping the Shaman in there, and if you want to take it to 2000 points perhaps invest in another couple of characters or "level up" the Big Boss or Shaman (or both!).

If you can still fit a giant in, then do it...at worst it'll soak up a bit of missile-fire.It was the characters I was asking about. So Use my Big Boss, maybe level him upto a Warboss and put my Shaman into my Black Orc Unit that has now been combined together. I would like to put one of my Giants in if I can, But no big deal. I was thinking of just taking both with me to games for my opponent and I to take one each, purely for the giggles. It was an idea by Warren on Beasts of War.