PDA

View Full Version : 2500 point Beastmen-Stomp and Trample, Gore and Crush!

Quetza'Coatl
02-04-2011, 06:02
Lords

Taurox, The Brass Bull

-335 points

Great Bray Shaman

w/Wizard Level 4, Crown of Command, Hagtree Fetish

and either lore of death (which I think hagtree would work well with) or shadows

-290 points

Heroes

Gorebull

w/BSB, Armour of Fortune, Gnarled Hide, Great Weapon

-245 points

Core

Gor Herd x40 (8x5)

w/Command, Additional Hand Weapons

-345 points

Gor Herd x40 (8x5)

-345 points

Ungor Raiders x8

w/Halfhorn

-54 points

Ungor Raiders x8

w/Halfhorn

-54 points

Special

Minotaurs x6 (3x2)

-404 points

Minotaurs x6 (3x2)

w/Command, Great Weapons

-428 points

Total

2500 points

So the idea is; Taurox goes with great weapon minos, that way whatever he doesn't kill gets mopped up by them. Shaman goes in unit of 40 Gors, making them stubborn, and the other unit of Gors ambushes. The Gorebull goes in with the add. hw minos, just for good measure. Raiders take out warmachine crews (hopefully) or unprotected mages, and the minos omnomnom anything in their way.

Comments, criticism? My first beastmen list of this calibre, so feed back IS greatly appreciated! :evilgrin:

Sqallum
04-04-2011, 16:53
Good list! :) Why not arrange gors in a horde formation. Though the steadfast is nice.... I suppose its your choice - steadfast vs attacks. Explain your prefernce please :D
Sqallum

popisdead
04-04-2011, 17:54
I have been thinking about running Taurox lately. I don't have good experience with Minotaurs. I recently dropped my 6 for more support units and bulking up my regular units.

The Minobus is a pretty good tactic, and Taurox leading it would mean it can take on anything. Generally paying for any upgrades for Minotaurs isn't worth it. While GW Mino's can clean up what Taurox doens't kill, they will die fast and paying 12 PPM for a GW isn't worth it. There is enough out there with low Init you probably don't want to loose mino's before you attack.

Can you get the Talisman of Endurance on your lvl 4? ALWAYS buy an additional HW. Better than the Hagtree Fetish for Lore of Death is the Jagged Dagger.

I dont' know what the Armour of Fortune does but my Gorebul BSB was: HA, Add'l HW, Sh, Many Limbed Fiend, Gouge-tusks, Gnarled Hide, Banner of Eternal Flame. With Taurox, you probably don't need flaming attacks on him. The Beasts Banner is in 90+% of beastmen armies for a reason. Take that instead maybe?

Buy musicians for your Raiders.

Hope that helps, good luck :)

Bazzal
04-04-2011, 19:01
im still not convinced by taurox but i think u can build a better doombull such as ;

Doombull - Gnarled Hide, Heavy Armour, Dawnstone, Axes of khorgor, Ramhorn Helm, Potion of Speed. only 12pts more than taurox but now u have the 2+ armour with rerolls and every one you save u get an additional attack which i think makes up for the ignore armour saves

why command on the mino's as with the gorebull joining them one has to go to the back making them kinda useless and could free up points to give the champions sumthin like blackend armour.

list seems solid tho i like it :-)