PDA

View Full Version : Sneak peak Necrons in BL book.

jspyd3rx
02-04-2011, 17:32
*Spoiler Alert*

The next imperial book is SoB. Though a xenos book is next. The next xenos book is either Tau or Necrons. My money is on Necrons. I just finished reading "Fall of Damnos" by Nick Kyne. Supposedly it is a sneak peak at the new Necrons. New units read about in book was a Necron Arc Obliterator, a centiped like MC that split into three creatures, a Flayed Lord and of course pylons. The book was very precise in describing these units though only hinted at a tomb stalker. The Necron lords are described as a noble house or court and are tiered as such. They scheme and conspire against each other for position and power. A cryptic oversees all tomb functions and wargear. Flayed Necrons and lord have the Flayers disease. Necrontyr which cannot adapt to their new bodies and go mad wanting their flesh back. The book had one screaming at a space marine he wanted his face back while stabbing at him. Kool stuff.
I feel that this is a sneak peak because awhile back at a gamesday, it was asked at a seminar when Necrons would be getting updated. It was answered to keep an eye on upcoming BL book for a sneak peak. This book does it in spades I believe.

Simo429
02-04-2011, 17:36
I really enjoyed fall of damnos

Heres my review (http://clawsandfists.blogspot.com/2011/03/fall-of-damnos-review.html) it portrayed the Ultramarines as less than perfect and the Necrons as less than mindless automatons.

Korraz
02-04-2011, 18:27
I'm throwing a bit of confetti here, because I was right with my theory. Flayed ones are indeed insane Necrons that couldn't/wouldn't accept their new state and try desperately to regain their flesh. Also, they are possibly the last that got turned, against their will.

We have got alot to look forward to. I hope the Tomb Stalker gets into the book.

Lord Gabranth
02-04-2011, 18:47
So the Necrons not only take over the worlds that they come across, but they take slaves to turn into new Necrons, and the ones that are chosen to be flayed ones become insane and want their flesh back? If so that is ******* awesome and makes me want to make a Necron force that much more.

And as to the OP, I hope that the new dex will be as cool as the BL book that you mentioned. Its about time that they got a new update and new units, and it makes me want to see it in force

jspyd3rx
02-04-2011, 19:04
They don't take slaves. Those are original Necrotyr who didn't adjust and fell into deeper madness over the eons. There is also a Destroyer malady which causes a Necron to shed his humanoid frame in favor of more weapons and a hover platform. These are very nihilistic. Also, Immortals had two variations of wargear. One was with their standard beefy gun and another was with warscythes. Will post more as I remember.

shadowhawk2008
02-04-2011, 19:35
I think it would be better if some of the things people are posting are kept within spoiler tags so as not to inadvertently reveal some of the key things within the new novel. The book is still very very brand new.

jspyd3rx
02-04-2011, 19:48
Oh, right on sorry about that.
Could a mod add spoiler alert to thread title please? Can't currently do it from phone.

Korraz
02-04-2011, 19:58
You'd think "Sneak Peak Necrons in BL book" in the title and "I just finished reading The Fall of Damnos" in the 5th sentence of the opening post should be enough warning. Does it really take "!!!!!!!SPOILER!!!!!!!"?

shadowhawk2008
02-04-2011, 20:04
Yes I believe the tags should still be used. Its a personal preference.

Darnok
02-04-2011, 20:35
Spoiler tags added. Please be more sensible next time.

Darnok [=I=]

jspyd3rx
02-04-2011, 20:35
Oh, Necron Arc Obliterators are most likely the rumored new heavy tank. Basically long range AT and anti-flyer. It kept the sky clear of flyers and performed long range AT duties. The few things never mentioned or touched upon were Pariahs, Necromancer and heavy destroyers.

Thanks Darnok!

dancingcricket
08-04-2011, 16:57
Actually, I think the pariahs were mentioned, just not by name. The ones carrying the warscythes that acted as a guard, sounded a lot like pariahs to me. Just without the being psychic blanks we stole from harvested imperial assassins.

Otherwise there is something from the book that I'd rather not see. Necrons folding when the lord died. They killed the lord and all of a sudden the necrons pretty much stopped where they were, died much more easily, retreated. Essentially it sounded like a cross between the last (not latest) nid codex instinctive behavior, and wraithsight from the Eldar wraithguard. If it turns out like that, it's something I'm definitely not looking forward too.

Carlosophy
08-04-2011, 17:07
Actually, I think the pariahs were mentioned, just not by name. The ones carrying the warscythes that acted as a guard, sounded a lot like pariahs to me. Just without the being psychic blanks we stole from harvested imperial assassins.

Otherwise there is something from the book that I'd rather not see. Necrons folding when the lord died. They killed the lord and all of a sudden the necrons pretty much stopped where they were, died much more easily, retreated. Essentially it sounded like a cross between the last (not latest) nid codex instinctive behavior, and wraithsight from the Eldar wraithguard. If it turns out like that, it's something I'm definitely not looking forward too.

Perhaps it will be something softer. Imagine Warriors get relentless as a standard rule; maybe when the lord dies or their 'sarge' then they become subject to slow and purposeful?

genestealer_baldric
09-04-2011, 14:57
i spoke to guy i trust saying he saw online pics of all the new boxes ive been searching for days now and i cant find them iam being blind or was he mistaken??

jspyd3rx
09-04-2011, 22:54
Probably pulling your leg. The retinue carrying the warscythes were immortals without their gun. This definitely puts them as the elite of the Necrons. Who knows what became of Pariah fluff. Being new members of the Necron force, they must be acquired first and most likely very rare.