PDA

View Full Version : Pictures of models needed

Tymell
03-04-2011, 12:02
Greetings all,

As some may already know, Iíve put together some lists of GW releases over the years. The next stage Iím looking at now is getting these put onto a site of their own, and one thing Iíd like to add for that would be pictures of the models to help identify them at a glance.

Taking pictures directly from GW would breach their copyright (as far as I can tell), but using pictures other people have taken of models appears to be okay. I donít want to just go around using such pictures without permission, so Iím here to ask for anyone who has images of GW models theyíd be happy for me to use on a site of these timelines.

Any pictures would be credited and unaltered of course. Theyíd be used to help identify models, so conversions or mixtures of several kits arenít of much use. The ideal would be as near to the default/vanilla look of the model as possible. Unpainted would do fine, but if painted then as close to Ďnormalí as possible would be best. Obviously the clearer the picture the better.

So, if youíve got pictures of your models uploaded (be they here or elsewhere) or would be happy to take some pics and send them to me/upload them, please let me know, it would be a great help in putting together what should hopefully be a useful resource :)

Thanks

(p.s. I know this isn't really 'general discussion' prescisely, if there's a better place for it on the forum feel free to suggest)

Tokamak
03-04-2011, 17:27
Giving the GW pictures different colour schemes on photoshop would stop them being intellectual property as well.

Tymell
03-04-2011, 17:39
Giving the GW pictures different colour schemes on photoshop would stop them being intellectual property as well.

It would? If so, that'll make thing a lot easier in the long run.

Sending a further query to you in a PM.

EDIT: Never mind :p