PDA

View Full Version : Favorite Skaven Warlord Builds!

w3rm
03-04-2011, 15:13
So whatre your favorite warlord builds? I like

Fencers Blade, Dawn Stone, Warpstone Armour , Warlitter

This gives him a 3+ Save and if he passes does a str 4 hit. The warlitter gives him 4 str 4 ws 4 attacks and he has 5 str 4 ws 10 attacks!

Kevlar
03-04-2011, 15:29
Blade of corruption is nice. I usually put him on a bone breaker with warpstone armor and dawnstone.

Or dragon helm + tali of preservation if he is my general.

Fencers blades are good against riff raff though. But skaven need help killing bigger things so i like the boc.

Balerion
03-04-2011, 22:12
Bonebreaker lords are my favourite.

I'd probably be down for some War Litter action if I could think of a conversion design that pleased me, but so far no luck in that regard. I don't like the concept of a wooden platform on stilts, or a group of shield-bearers, since that kind of setup would seem like more trouble than it's worth. How exactly are the bearers executing their attacks without dropping the warlord on his face? :p

Bazzal
03-04-2011, 22:23
i love the bonebreaker generls but unless their in a rat ogre unit easily killed.

at the mo mine runs war-litter, talisman preservation, sword of anti-heroes, enchanted shield, the other tricksters-shard. so 8 s4 atks for rank n file troops for challenges minimum 5 s5 always useful for goblin players with 3 chars in a unit.

Dante blackfur
03-04-2011, 22:25
So whatre your favorite warlord builds? I like

Fencers Blade, Dawn Stone, Warpstone Armour , Warlitter

This gives him a 3+ Save and if he passes does a str 4 hit. The warlitter gives him 4 str 4 ws 4 attacks and he has 5 str 4 ws 10 attacks!

Modeling wise, Bonebreaker with a Wizard hat :D this makes me smile, a Warlord riding a bone breaker with a pointy hat waving his hands around, (Think Micky mouse in Sorcerers apprentice, Fantasia.) :D
Game wise: Yes, Warlord on warlitter is evil, specially since you still LoS! :D I use an extremely similar build as yours.

Iraf
03-04-2011, 22:39
I'm a big fan of Warlord on Bonebreaker. My normal template always requires a Charmed Shield due to the fact he doesn't get a LoS roll. 2+ to negate the first cannon/stonethrower sent his way is pretty nice. After that he gets into combat and I don't usually have to worry as much about those pesky cannons. 65 pts for 5 str 5 attacks, and stomp. Not to mention the added 4th wound from monstrous calvary is a bit too much for me to pass up. Plus Fear!

I've always been partial to the Anti-Heroes sword also

Korraz
03-04-2011, 23:28
I was quite surprised by the power of a Fellblade Warlord on Litter.

Balerion
04-04-2011, 01:53
I'm a big fan of Warlord on Bonebreaker. My normal template always requires a Charmed Shield due to the fact he doesn't get a LoS roll. 2+ to negate the first cannon/stonethrower sent his way is pretty nice. After that he gets into combat and I don't usually have to worry as much about those pesky cannons. 65 pts for 5 str 5 attacks, and stomp. Not to mention the added 4th wound from monstrous calvary is a bit too much for me to pass up. Plus Fear!

I've always been partial to the Anti-Heroes sword also
That's a cool trick for making a Bonebreaker viable amongst Clanrats/Stormvermin. Although I usually go with the Enchanted Shield, and it'll be hard to say goodbye to that super cheap extra point of armour save. Guess I'll save that build for the games he's joining up with Rat Ogres.

russellmoo
04-04-2011, 03:04
Fellblade- is a lot of fun-

Fellblade plus bonebreaker- just watch out for cannons and stone throwers- but usually there are better targets-

I like talisman of pres, ogre blade, charmed shield, bonebreaker

Iraf
04-04-2011, 05:06
That's a cool trick for making a Bonebreaker viable amongst Clanrats/Stormvermin. Although I usually go with the Enchanted Shield, and it'll be hard to say goodbye to that super cheap extra point of armour save. Guess I'll save that build for the games he's joining up with Rat Ogres.

If you are playing him as getting a LoS roll in your rat ogre unit, then unfortunately you are playing him wrong. He is monstrous "Calvary", not monstrous infantry, so if you play with him on a bonebreaker then he never gets a LoS roll in a Skaven army :(

I feel your pain. I learned that against a dwarf player when a cannon went through his chest. It... hurt.

Balerion
04-04-2011, 05:18
Aww, rats. That sucks.

I've never actually had anyone attempt to snipe my BB lord to this point, so luckily I haven't messed that rule up in actual practice.

ftayl5
04-04-2011, 06:23
I've only had to face the bonebreaker+fellblade combo once, and I cast mosrk want 'ya on it and killed it, so that was that.
But that was with the last O&G book obviously.

Fellblade is pretty great in combat if it makes it there though.
My 'unkillable Tyrant' (T6, re-roll successful wounds, stubborn) got killed instantly by it once :(

Tarian
05-04-2011, 01:25
I use a Warlitter with Shield, Warlock Augmented Weapon, Shield, Dawn Stone, and Warpstone armor, hiding in a unit with the Razor Standard. He's my can-opener.

tarrym
05-04-2011, 06:47
I tend to use mine on a warlitter with shield, warlock augmented weapon and then either warpstone armour or one of the 4+/5+ ward save items (depending on what other characters are taking).

He mainly just gives a combat boost to clanrats/stormvermin, without spending too many points on him.

SWMLongtail
06-04-2011, 13:28
Bonebreaker, Blade of Corruption, Enchanted Shield, Talisman of Endurance

Or Warlord with Wizarding Hat for a Clan Skrapp Army (just the idea of a Warlord wearing a horned helm, pretending to be a Grey Seer)

vorthain
07-04-2011, 03:44
War-litter
Warlock-augmented Weapon
Dawnstone
Enchanted Shield

Pretty tough and with a bunch of attacks to boot. His War-litter is a rolling Skryre construct with a warpstone engine that powers his warpmaul to execute further (less effective) attacks. I've only fielded him once, and that was with Stormvermin. It doesn't seem worth giving a magic standard to the SV if your warlitter is there though as you are out 4 attacks with AP or flaming or whatever you paid for though.

Balerion
07-04-2011, 08:18
I've only fielded him once, and that was with Stormvermin. It doesn't seem worth giving a magic standard to the SV if your warlitter is there though as you are out 4 attacks with AP or flaming or whatever you paid for though.
Wouldn't his personal attacks get the same benefit?

w3rm
07-04-2011, 15:07
Yeah the magic banner would trasnfer effects to anyone in the unit, not using magic weapons.

Balerion
07-04-2011, 18:13
He can still use a halberd, though, right?

Dante blackfur
07-04-2011, 20:43
Yes. your warlord can still use a halberd with the flaming banner, as long as it is not magical.

vorthain
08-04-2011, 12:56
Right, so if a Warlord with a WAW is in a unit of Stormvermin, let's say the unit if 5 wide. That means the Warlord displaces 4 Stormvermin, so you're getting 7 attacks (including Champ attacks) with armor piercing only with Razor Standard. The war-litter doesn't benefit from magic standard augmented attacks either. Therefore, it seems to me that a Warlord on war-litter + Stormvermin w/ magic attack banner is not worth the points (unless horded, that is).

Kevlar
08-04-2011, 14:09
Why would you ever field storm vermin 5 wide? Minimum would be 7 wide and any unit with at least 30 models should be in horde. You can keep the warlord on a corner in horde formation to maximize the SV attacks.

vorthain
09-04-2011, 21:41
I usually field 28, so I could do 7x4 or go 10x3 I suppose. I'll try that next time, as usually I array them the same as Clanrats.

Kevlar
10-04-2011, 01:22
I'd never take the waw either. Overpriced. The blade of anti-heroes is the same thing but cheaper, and sometimes better. The blade of corruption is usually my choice though. Great in challenges with overkill or against monsters.

w3rm
11-04-2011, 01:19
I think I'm gonna run a Warlitter/Wizarding Hat Warlord. He'll take a shield or a halberd.

vorthain
11-04-2011, 01:59
Anti-heroes requires contact with a character, which doesn't happen if he's at the far end of a horde. I'll try Blade of Corruption next time - I'm just not terribly keen on possibly injuring myself in combat. I have my warmachines to do that for me.