PDA

View Full Version : SKitter Leap & Move or Fire?

Dante blackfur
04-04-2011, 01:43
If I use Skitter leap on my WFT, (which is a MoF weapon) can it shoot in the same shooting phase? Since the team it's self isn't moving (Going By Einstein? its all relative?) its actually the world moving around the team, so they remain still and the location changes? :D

Chris_
04-04-2011, 03:15
:D Awesome... I'd totally let you do it just for using Einstein's theories as an argument.

As for the actual RAW I am not sure.

Balerion
04-04-2011, 05:08
Sadly Skitterleap can only be used on characters, and a weapon team is not a character.

jtrowell
04-04-2011, 05:43
But the question is still pertinent with a character equiped with a move or fire weapon (warp musket).

Dante blackfur
04-04-2011, 06:30
Oh, :( I guess I misread that part I just saw infantry, but regardless, does it work with a warp musket?

T10
04-04-2011, 07:30
Sadly Skitterleap can only be used on characters, and a weapon team is not a character.

... but they embody the Skaven character!

-T10

FestHest
04-04-2011, 07:31
I don't think they have enough character to be a Skaven Character.

Fritzallmighty
04-04-2011, 07:58
Rules for Move or Fire on pg 73 seem pretty clear on the subject; it applies even if the model was forced to move as a result of a spell.

Dante blackfur
04-04-2011, 16:31
Ahh, Thanks for clearing it up. (I still think its all relative...:shifty:)

GodlessM
05-04-2011, 02:50
Skitterleap doesn't make the model move though, it just teleports it to a new location.

Surgency
05-04-2011, 03:15
i think the idea is that the model moves under someone else's power from point A to point B...

As a skaven player, it'd be nice if skitterleap didn't count for movement, but I'm 99% positive that it does :p

Dante blackfur
05-04-2011, 06:18
Skitterleap doesn't make the model move though, it just teleports it to a new location.

Exactly!!!!! If his feet aint moving he can be aiming!!!!!! :D prove me wrong!!! (no really please prove me wrong, at least then I would have a definitive answer and the other skaven players couldn't drop a WFT right behind my small Grayseer bunker :P)

Iraf
05-04-2011, 06:35
Exactly!!!!! If his feet aint moving he can be aiming!!!!!! :D prove me wrong!!! (no really please prove me wrong, at least then I would have a definitive answer and the other skaven players couldn't drop a WFT right behind my small Grayseer bunker :P)

Well, even if his feet didn't move, his perception of his surroundings changed. And what he may of had in his crosshairs definitely isn't the same as it would be after the "teleport". I'd have to say he moved.

edit: And you never have to worry about that WFT being put behind your bunker, because a WFT is still not a Character, and thus not able to be targeted by Skitterleap.

Kevlar
05-04-2011, 21:47
Well, even if his feet didn't move, his perception of his surroundings changed. And what he may of had in his crosshairs definitely isn't the same as it would be after the "teleport". I'd have to say he moved.

edit: And you never have to worry about that WFT being put behind your bunker, because a WFT is still not a Character, and thus not able to be targeted by Skitterleap.

Ikit Claw disagrees! Possibly Boneripper too, though he can't be skitterleapt.

Dante blackfur
05-04-2011, 23:59
now its getting more into "Fluff" and theorys then rules :P, (But Regardless its still fun. :)) can anyone point me to a rules section or FAQ that can determine this one way or another? or I simply roll of with my opponent when it comes up?

Surgency
06-04-2011, 02:35
I do believe that anytime the model changes its position on the board, its considered a move, and you'd be hard pressed to successfully argue your side if you tried to say otherwise. I don't see this as needing a FAQ, as the model has been moved from one location to another.

Kevlar
06-04-2011, 02:52
I do believe that anytime the model changes its position on the board, its considered a move, and you'd be hard pressed to successfully argue your side if you tried to say otherwise. I don't see this as needing a FAQ, as the model has been moved from one location to another.

Movement happens in the movement phase. Magic happens in the magic phase! (and in my pants!)

Surgency
06-04-2011, 03:01
so you argue that you can't move in the magic phase? Which means no charges in the magic phase?

I think Unholy Clamour (Screaming bell roll 2-4), the Necromancy spell Vanhels, The shadow spell Steed, all prove that movement can happen in the Magic phase.

To say that the model isn't actually moving when the spell moves the model from one location to another physically is easter egg hunting, at best... And this coming from a guy who believes in strict interpretation of challenging, and how many challenges can be issued per combat ;)

Balerion
06-04-2011, 06:52
so you argue that you can't move in the magic phase? Which means no charges in the magic phase?

I think Unholy Clamour (Screaming bell roll 2-4), the Necromancy spell Vanhels, The shadow spell Steed, all prove that movement can happen in the Magic phase.

But two of those are examples of charging, not moving, right? And steed specifically stipulates that the model performs a move. That's where the tiny gray area enters for Skitterleap, since it involves the immediate repositioning of a model, rather than a clear move performed by that model.

It's easier and way more ethically-defensible to use the wider definition of "move" for this case (so that it doesn't become an easter egg hunt, as you said), but I see space for a somewhat cogent argument both ways.

Surgency
06-04-2011, 15:09
nope, all 3 of those are moves. In the case of Vanhels and Clamour, you can contact an enemy unit, in which case it counts as a charge.

H33D
06-04-2011, 16:08
I would say that if Skitterleap doesn't say in its description, "The character counts as moving for purposes of shooting etc." then you can shoot as normal after teleporting. I only say this because it isn't a normal move and most movement based abilities specifically state that they count as moving for shooting purposes etc.