PDA

View Full Version : 3000Point of empire CHEESE Tournament Ideas/Help!

Nobody_Important
04-04-2011, 02:27
Im out for BLOOD, 1st place or nothing. Any suggestions i appreciate... i wouldnt mind to squeeze in 3 engineers, and group my artillery in 3s.. with engin in middle?

Lords

325-Arch lector w/shield of gorgon, sword of sigmund, alter, VHS
125-Arch Lector w/????? Goes with swords/halberdiers
290-lvl 4 life wiz lord w/seal of destruction, armor of tarnus

Hero

100 War priest w/h armor, shield, 2 weps
87-captain w/bs, full plate, goes where.....

Special

450- 6 mortars
300-3 cannons

Core

254-10 Knights w/ musician,b.s. ( i find i need speed to help with strategy, or replace for 20/30 flagellants?
235-40 Halberdiers w/f.c. horde formation
259-40 Swords w/f.c. Horde formation

Rare

600- 2 steam tanks

3025/3000

So, another tournament, this time 3000 points and total Cheese. I appreciate all the comments everyone made about my 2500 tournament list, we did ok, 4th. 1st loser to not get a prize, oh well, was good times. Ok back to today, i have no idea what to do. So im looking for any suggestions, or even lists of what you(YES YOU)would do. Im thinking a gun line group this time, just sit back and fire away. 6 mortars, 3 cannons, 3 engineers, 6 lvl 2 wizards? 2 steam tanks, 2 blocks of great swords or one. A archlector on foot, a few priests, and a couple of gunners/crossbow/pistoliers, but how many????A ******** of Captains maybe? I dunno a few ways to go. So ya, if your bored and wanna take the time i helping me get the jump on the cheese tournament, by all means, send your lists my ways, or suggestions on what i should focus on , combos? W/E. Alright, thanks for reading my rant and taking your time to reply!

Deathbysoup
04-04-2011, 09:53
Taking 6 lvl 2s could go horrendously good or horrendously bad depends on luck.

You might wanna replace the knights with a small unit of pistoliers or greatswords to protect your war engines. THe good thing with empire is that you can create a balanced army list no matter what you pick so just go with your heart.

Nobody_Important
05-04-2011, 01:33
I need the knights to count towards my 25% core, and its either them or flagellants or more swords/halberdiers. Ok i changed the army and came up with this.. looking for comments suggestions, on how to make this a deadly list no one wants to play..ever.

Lord (771)

325-Arch Lector w/VHS,Armor of Silvered Steel, Dawn of Stone
181-Arch Lector w/barded house, dawn of armor (goes with knights)
265-lvl 4 Wiz w/Rod of power,Armor of Tarnus

Heroes

100-Captain, AoMI, B.S. (goes with Swords)
96-W.P., Hvy Armor, Shield (goes with halberdiers on the corner of the formation)
195-3 Engineers ( 1 per 3 machines, in 3 piles)

Core

233-9 Knights w/musician, b.s., banner of swiftness ( rank 5x 2 im guessing)?
235-40 Halberdiers w/F.C. (horde formation)
259-40 Swords w/F.C. (horde formation)

Special

375-5 mortars
300-3 cannons

Rare

300-Steam tanks
115-Rocket battery

2979/3000

Now Im thinking this, or go back to the 2 steam tanks, drop the lvl 4 wiz to a lvl 2, and remove a cannon and engineer to make room for another tank? I love the fear people have over the tanks, takes attention away from everything, and yes, it holds things up well.

Tarian
05-04-2011, 01:39
You're going to have trouble in certain scenarios, and if your opponent is fast and gets first turn, your warmachines are going to have problems.

Stormbanner Skaven would love this list as well.

Esco Thomson
05-04-2011, 01:39
Why life over shadow?

With as much artillery as you have, I would wager that you would get more mileage out of shadow, as it also gives you a nice way to increase your core troops in combat.

I would invest in more of the same and forgo the knights, they seem pretty out of place to me in the list. I saw that you needed them for core requirements, but even a smaller unit of something seems more appealing here to me.

Tarian
05-04-2011, 01:41
I agree with Esco, maybe some Flagellants since they're core w/ the Archlector I think.

Deathbysoup
05-04-2011, 08:59
I would agree with Esco too. Flagellants are great for holding units up and dealing a little bit of damage back as well. For the 230pts of knights in core you could get yourself another swamp unit of halberd or swords as well. But like Esco said, a fast enemy would be right at your artillery quickly.

Torpedo Vegas
05-04-2011, 15:47
Detachments would be a good idea. Yeah, your big unit of horded state troops sound good on paper, but in practice they will rarely be able to bring their full facing to bear, and will likely die without winning the combat if faced against an equivalent unit. Some simple 15-20 man detachments really help combat res.

Nobody_Important
06-04-2011, 05:22
Love all the comments folks. Ok i updated the list, have two here for y'all to look at and critic again.

Lord (751)

305-Arch Lector w/VHS,AoMI, Dawn of Stone, War Alter
181-Arch Lector w/g.wep,war horse, dawn of armor (goes with knights)
265-lvl 4 Wiz(Lore of life) w/Rod of power,Armor of Tarnus

Heroes (411)

120-Captain, Armor of Silvered Steel, B.S. (goes with Swords)
96-W.P., Hvy Armor, Shield (goes with halberdiers on the corner of the formation)
195-3 Engineers ( 1 per 3 machines, in 3 piles)

Core (727)

233-9 Knights w/musician, b.s.,Banner of Eternal Flame
235-40 Halberdiers w/F.C. (horde formation)
259-40 Swords w/F.C. (horde formation)

Special (675)

375-5 mortars
300-2 cannons

Rare (415)

300-Steam tanks
115-Rocket battery
115-Rocket battery

2994/3000
removed a cannon for another rocket battery. updated the Lords so at 25% now.

Nobody_Important
06-04-2011, 05:25
Im going up against a lot of greenskins/skaven/high elves, slight chance of chaos/vc/dwarfs. As for scenarios, ill know more which they are next week to help modify the list. I think they'll be battle lines for the most part, 3 games, blood n glory, battle line and maybe watchtower.

PapaSmurf
06-04-2011, 16:07
You realize that the list is not valid as it stands, not 750 in core close but that only counts in horseshoes handgrendes and nuclear weapons

would second the call for some detachments really useful for me whenever I play empire

knights were king in 7th but poo now in 8th, more state troops and pistoliers to hunt your enemies war machines is my vote

cheers
Papasmurf

Nobody_Important
07-04-2011, 01:38
Yes, i need to change the list, has a few errors thanks. Appreciate all the tips, keep em coming, going to update the list for more critic. Can any regular standard bearer use a magic standard from your armybook/rullebook? IF so, any point limit like with bsb? Confused on this, and does it count towards your core points?

Tarian
07-04-2011, 01:52
Only if they have the rule, i.e. General of the Empire allows it or something, and yes it does, as far as I know, as its an upgrade for the core unit.

Torpedo Vegas
07-04-2011, 02:49
If you take an Empire General, he allows one unit of Greatswords( I think) to use a magic banner. But most Empire banners suck, and the General is the weakest Lords choice Empire has. If you're going for cheese he isn't worth it.

Nobody_Important
07-04-2011, 02:55
Team list B, w/o Lector,knights,1mortar now with more halberdiers, 1wp, 1 cannon.

Lord
305-A.Lector w/VHS, AoMI,DawnOStone, War Alter
265-Lvl 4(life, w/RodOPower, ArmorOTarnus

Hero
120-Captain w/BSB, Armor of Silvered Steel
96-W.P, Hvy Armor, Shield
96-W.P, Hvy Armor, Shield
195-3 Engineers

Core
265-49 Halberdiers w/F.C. (w.p here)
265-49 Halberdiers w/F.C. (w.p here)
259-39 Swords w/F.C. (Captain here)_

Special
300-4 Mortars
300-3 Cannons

Rare
300- Steam tank
230- 2 Rocket battery

2996/3000

I think this is legit!

Nobody_Important
08-04-2011, 23:34
So i tried a game today, went with list B and just DESTROYED a High Elf team. I dont his team choice was good, but still. The man didnt get one unit of mine destroyed, and i left him with 3 units after 4 turns, was nice. Now with that said, the tournament is this Ard Boys Tournament, that everyone else is prolly playing. I'm a little worried with there scenarios they picked. The first one seems terrible for this list, roll artillery dice x3 that's how far you can see, wtf. Just wanted some thoughts on this, if anyone knows the scenarios and if they think this list can do well for it. As long i can shoot my 9 artillery pieces w/3 engineers never failing almost i should be fine, but that scenario might kill me. I like the strat i had with my list here, had 3 groups of war machines, put a Core group right in front of each one, steam tank and Alter kinda in the mid. Sat back, and fired away, waited for the elves to approach and just reacted with steam tank and Alter. So, i would love feedback on this list working for the tournament and sticking to this sit back and shoot strat and just react to his moves when hes gets close enough? Alright thanks again folks for reading/replying to my ramble.