PDA

View Full Version : Who has killing blow?

musical
04-04-2011, 09:04
Being a Night Goblin player I am naturally a bit paranoid. I like to field Skarsnik (high wounds, no ward save) but really scared that he might get KB. Can someone please give a list of all the things in different armies that can have KB/HKB ability so I can get Gork to fix them up (reroll all 6s) before they fight me. Thanks in advance.

Ok so what started out as a few things Skarsnik should stay away from has turn out to be quite a long list of all the units with access to KB/HKB. I think I will organise them into a list so people can use as a reference (thanks to everyone for the input ;)):
Please let me know if there is any mistake/omission, will update.

A note on SC (special characters): a lot of the time KB is given by a MW (magic weapon) but occaionally it is an 'innate' ability. The main difference is that there are some rules which can negate the special rules of a MW (ie null stone) or make them count as mundane weapons, but as far as I am aware there is no rule to negate 'innate' ability.

Orc & Goblin
-SC Skarsnik (attacks from Gobbla only, innate)
-SC Grom (MW, against any Elf increased to 5+)
-Nasty Skulkers (only on turn they are revealed)

Bretonnian
-Virtue of Heroism give HKB
-Magic Weapon (Lance of Artois, +2S and KB on charge)

Ogre Kingdom
-SC Skraag
-Gnoblar Scrap Launcher (missile Attack only?)
-Groger
-Magic weapon

Tomb Kings
-Tomb Scorpions (innate)
-Tomb Guard (innate)
-Magic weapon (Destroyer of Eternities)
new stuff:
-Necropolis Knights (riders have KB)
-Necrosphinxes (Decapitating Strike special rule)
-Khemrian Warsphinx (TB riders have KB)

Dark Elf
-SC Morathi
-Assassins(as upgrade?)
-Manticore
-Executioners (innate)
-Cauldron of Blood give a unit KB
-Magic Weapon (Deathpiercer)
-Gift of Khaine Touch of Death

Vampire
-Wight King (if given Sword of Kings, KB on 5+)
-Grave Guard
-Black Coach (can gain during battle)
-Black Knights
-Magic weapon (Sword of Kings)

WOC
-Manticore
-Magic weapon (Axe of Khorne, +1S and KB)
-SC Valkia the Bloody (MW, on any turn which Valkia charges)

Daemons
-Bloodthirsters
-Bloodcrushers of khorne (including Juggernaut)
-Skulltaker
-Bloodletters
-Juggernauts

Wood Elf
-Wardancers/ Wardancer Lords (for 1/2 of their combats if they want?)
-Waywatchers/Waywatcher Lords(range attacks within 15')
-Magic spear

High Elf
-SC Korhil (MW)
-Magic Weapon (The White Sword, +2S and KB)

Empire
-SC Ludwig Schwarzhelm (innate)

Lizradmen
-Magic weapon (Dagger of Sotek, sink only, cause Fear in Skaven)

Skaven
-Master moulder can take as upgrade (thing-catcher, weapon, KB)
-SC Throt the Unclean

Dwarf
-none....but Rune of Preservation prevents KB and HKB

Rosstifer
04-04-2011, 09:09
Grave Guard have it, Black Coach CAN get it for VC,
Tomb Scorpions and Tomb Guard have it for TK
Manticore and Executioners have it, Cauldron of Blood can give it too a unit for DE
Manticore and Axe of Khorne for WOC
Scrap Launcher Missile Attack and Gorgers(?) for OK
Bloodletters and Juggernauts for Daemons
Wardancers and Waywatchers for Woodelves

drear
04-04-2011, 09:12
Ogre can get it through a magic item. And scrap launchers also have it.

However...I rarely see it, unless a character already has it...nobody seems to bother. It's not as common as its made out to be.

tr1pod
04-04-2011, 10:41
Daemons have it for quite a few models I think

paulb11
04-04-2011, 10:46
Wardancers for WE, plus they have a magic spear that gives it. Waywatchers have KB shots at up to half range.
VC characters can get sword of kings

Korraz
04-04-2011, 12:34
Tomb King with Destroyer of Eternities.
Skulltaker.

It's actually quite rare, yes. The most common variant would be the lord with virtue.

Rosstifer
04-04-2011, 12:41
I think Grave Guard are the most common variant of Killing Blow, VC are popular, and what VC army doesn't have Grave Guard?

Eta
04-04-2011, 12:44
VC Black Knights have Killing Blow, too.

AMWOOD co
04-04-2011, 12:45
There's a host of special characters with it. Empire (Schwatzheim, I think his name is, Franz's personal banner bearer), Ogres (Skraag), Dark Elves (Morathi), Greenskins (Gobbla; Grom), High Elves (Korhil)... I know there's more, but this is off the top of my head.

I know that Chaos Warriors, High Elves and Ogres have magic weapons that give the ability and Chaos also has the Bloodskull Pendent.

Benkei
04-04-2011, 13:06
White Sword for HE, Deathpiercer and Touch of Death for DE

Ozzit
04-04-2011, 13:11
Dagger of Sotek for Lizardmen, skink only tho

Knights_Templar
04-04-2011, 15:03
Bretonnian
-Virtue of audacity give HKB

Its actually the Virtue of Heroism, the Virtue of Audacity give you stubborn I believe. Plus you can have it on more than one character, making a total of 3 potential KB/HKB threats.

Rosstifer
04-04-2011, 15:37
Skaven have Clan Molder thing-catcher, Upgrade for Master Moulder. Beastmen have Gorthor the Beastlord (Special Character), WOC also have Valkia The Bloody (Special Character) on the turn she charges.

tr1pod
04-04-2011, 15:45
I hate Killing Blow.

Slayerthane
04-04-2011, 15:46
But wouldn't only Heroic Killing Blow be able to kill Skarsnik? Since he's on a large base and with Gobbla 8 wounds, I don't think KB for Grave Guard for example would kill him outright. Isn't that why there is the Heroic Killing blow now instead of just killing blow for character?

Rosstifer
04-04-2011, 15:54
He's an Infantry model. He can b KB'd. Gets LOS though.

Leth Shyish'phak
04-04-2011, 16:11
You missed out Bloodthirsters, they can take killing blow for 25 points.

Although, if Skarsnik is in combat with a Bloodthirster, he's fairly screwed anyway...

An Khorne Heralds too.

BlackPawl
04-04-2011, 17:54
Skaven can have Skrotz the mutant (SC with KB) and you can give champion packmasters the weapon with KB.

Dante blackfur
04-04-2011, 17:54
I think Grave Guard are the most common variant of Killing Blow, VC are popular, and what VC army doesn't have Grave Guard?

I think Bloodletters are more common, being Core opposed to Special. :D

As for the OP, Skaven have the "Things Catcher" Master Moulder upgrade.

Rosstifer
05-04-2011, 01:08
True. But we only have one Daemon player round these parts, so Letters didn't occur to me.

Dorack
05-04-2011, 17:08
You can add the incoming TK Sphinx to the list, with Heroic Killing Blow.

musical
06-04-2011, 09:37
Well so far no one has seen the army book yet so it is still a rumour. I will wait until I got the book.

jtrowell
06-04-2011, 11:58
It's not a rumor, the advance orders descriptions confirm it

the war sphinx crew has also KB (they are tomb guards) , as well as the new knights

musical
07-04-2011, 14:04
Ok updated TK based on info available from GW website. I think it is very ironic that TK is now the army where practically everything have KB :cries:

Chris_
07-04-2011, 14:08
Yep, there's supposedly also a spell that gives a unit KB or HKB and improves it to 5+ if they already have it...

This means basically every unit in the TK army can get it.

drear
07-04-2011, 17:06
killing blow with the ability to be army wide is going to be very intesting to see ...theres nothing the TK army cant take on and win against now..

silensedge
08-04-2011, 20:28
Daemons: Herald of Khorne

To add to your list.

Bloodleapers also have Killing Blow, but they're just better Bloodletters.

Chris_
09-04-2011, 00:18
The spell for TK only gives KB, if a unit already has KB or HKB they get that improved to 5+ instead.

sulla
09-04-2011, 03:08
killing blow with the ability to be army wide is going to be very intesting to see ...theres nothing the TK army cant take on and win against now..Dark elves can already do this with cauldrons, but the killing blow ability is rarely used because a) +1 attack or 5+ ward are more useful than an extra wound or two vs rank and file, and b) hardly anyone takes combat characters or massed knights anymore.

One thing you can guarantee is that WoC, Dwarves, Vampires and brets will be wearing their immunity to killing blow and poison armour to battle vs TK, just like they usually do vs DE.

rolly_321
09-04-2011, 04:33
It seems the new TK are able to spam killing Blow like no other. Almost all their elite infantry has it (TG, scorps, both sphinxes, stalkers and necroknights). On top of that they have a spell that either grants KB or makes it 5+ i believe.