PDA

View Full Version : OnG next wave rumours?

Craze_b0i
04-04-2011, 11:16
*Reposted here since I accidentally posted this in the wrong section before.

I recall reading some time ago there is supposed to be another wave of OnG stuff in the next 6 months or thereabouts. I checked the OnG rumour roundup and didn't see any mention of this at all. Anyone can confirm this or add any more details?

I was suprised common goblins went in the new batallion box, to my mind this seems to make them less likely for a pending re-release... :eyebrows:

Rosstifer
04-04-2011, 12:34
Jesus, you O&G players, you get all the releases, always complaining, why do you deserve more models?!? :D

In all seriousness, it'll be a few more months before we get any more rumours regarding O&G.

Also, am I the only one who likes the current goblin minis?

Fuzzymoldyork
04-04-2011, 13:11

Probably...

Before the new edition I would probably put them in the solid "meh" category as far as looks go.

But now with the addition of the savage orcs, the regular boar boys, BOs, NGs, and trolls, the little green guys just do not look as good and their age is starting to show (and this goes with the entire common goblin range).

It would be nice if the next wave was the wave of the common goblin. Here is a list of models I believe could use a little update (or ones that I just want).

-goblins warriors
-chariots (for the love of god chariots!)
-Wolf riders
-snotling pump wagon (would be pretty cool if you got 2-3 snotling bases in addition to every pump wagon, similar to the rat ogre box)
-a warmachine or two (if it is not too much to ask :D)
-regular trolls

If GW provided just half of the above list i would be tickled pink

Holy_Combat
04-04-2011, 19:33
I would like to see gobbos to be resculpted
A squig box would be nice, that has the option for hoppers, herders, and a mangler
New wyvern in plastic would be nice.
Seeing how the river trolls fared, it would not be difficult to see plastic stone trolls soon- EDIT: stone trolls are now in the collectors so I suspect they are done
Plastic artillery kit would be good like a doom diver/ rock lobba combo kit
With the new savage boyz, I would love an update of the regular orcs as well.

Thaukrek
04-04-2011, 19:39
Actually there are a lot of O&G rules without miniatures...I hope that they release more miniatures in a second wave in a few months, may be?

Tokamak
04-04-2011, 19:47
Stone trolls have been in the collector's section for a while. There's nothing to derive from that.

A 'wolf' update sounds very plausible to me.

Craze_b0i
04-04-2011, 20:28
Jesus, you O&G players, you get all the releases, always complaining, why do you deserve more models?!? :D

Yeh we are quite lucky compared to many. On the other hand we are the ones who will get a fresh hole in our bank balance. ;)

GodlessM
05-04-2011, 01:53
2nd wave? Maybe. Next 6mths? Unlikely. I don't remember seeing a time frame posted by anyone on the wave either.

I have heard some recent info. about new Rock Lobber and Doom Diver models though. He didn't mention if these would be released in the near future anything, just that they are supposedly in production.

Darnok
05-04-2011, 06:30
Things to expect in a second wave: anything wolf related. I wouldn't bet on new common goblins on foot. I wouldn't bet on a release less than a year away either.

ftayl5
05-04-2011, 06:50

No, I like them. But that doesn't mean I don't want new ones.

Craze_b0i
05-04-2011, 11:31
Things to expect in a second wave: anything wolf related. I wouldn't bet on new common goblins on foot. I wouldn't bet on a release less than a year away either.

Thought I had read +6 months in 1 of the rumours. But maybe that was just speculation. :)

On gobbos: It would be odd to re-do the wolf riders and not the infantry, since they are basically sharing the same sprue. Not saying it can't happen though.

outbreak
06-04-2011, 09:58
squigs will be done. i like the current goblins.