PDA

View Full Version : Equipping an Exalted Hero for smashing faces.

Rosstifer
04-04-2011, 13:27
Title says it all. I'm currently trying out a Sorceror Lord, so need to fill the void of killy death machine left by my Chaos Lord.

Best Exalted Hero builds?

Nocculum
04-04-2011, 13:30
On foot or mounted?

Rosstifer
04-04-2011, 13:31
Either, I have Infantry and Cavalry in my list.

danny-d-b
04-04-2011, 14:07
I used to run mine with the sword of power, enchanted shield and the favour of the gods, which comes out at 150 for a Ws7 S6 A4 guy with a 2+ armour save, tends to chop through stuff rather quickly, though there are other options adding the mark of khone, gives you the extra attack, if you want a troop killer you could make it the sword of power the sword of battle, and if your stuggling against wardsaves the other tricksters shard is usefull

Rosstifer
04-04-2011, 14:18
Favour is taken on my Chosen. Enchanted shield is free though.... Do you think if I marked him Tzeentch and gave him the Talisman of Preservation and a Great Weapon he'd survive to hit back?

Leth Shyish'phak
04-04-2011, 16:14
I like to use an exalted with MoK, sword of anti-heroes, enchanted shield and dragonbane gem.

Has 5A at S5, gets +1S and +1A for every character he's fighting and has a 2+ armour save, then a 2+ ward against flaming attacks.

Kalandros
04-04-2011, 16:43
Dragonhelm would be cheaper since Enchanted shield comes at the cost in your armybook, not the rule book. Unless you use the helm on another char already.

Nocculum
04-04-2011, 17:23
Great Weapon, Helm of Many Eyes, Glittering Scales, Mark of Khorne works well for character or unit champion killing (he doesn't need an armour save, striking first at Initiative 6 and with a high potential to get re-rolls to hit on those 5 WS7 STR7 attacks).

On steed, I would wager Sword of Might, Enchanted Shield would suffice quite enough, with perhaps Bloodcurdling Roar.

popisdead
04-04-2011, 17:37
ASF Helm and Halberd is pretty awesome, especially with MoK AND he can be your BSB who challenges =) I take the Bronze armour of Zhrakk as well.

Mounted I would just change the halberd to the Daemon Sword.

Chaos characters are for challenges so kit to kill and stop from dying against threats in challenges (KB, High Str, etc).