PDA

View Full Version : 2500pts Warriors of Chaos Mono-Tzeentch

Vaktathi
05-04-2011, 02:13
Ok, so here's a stab at another "full plate" army using only Tzeentch units, or at least for those that have a Mark as an option. Yes, this has Chosen and multiple warshrines, but isn't intended to be used as an infinite rerolling sillyness machine to ensure 3++wards, rather they are there to add some extra muscle and ward save spam and buff up the Warrior units or give the Chosen something useful if they get something not quite so useful like MR3.

Sorceror Lord, Conjoined Homonculus, Third Eye, MoT, Dispell Scroll, Talisman of Preservation, Enchanted Shield & Gold Sigil Sword (yeah he's a wizard, and yeah he'll still crush your face in)

Exalted Hero, BSB, MoT Collar of Khorne, Sword of Swift Slaying, Shield, Stream of Corruption.

15 Warriors, MoT, HW/Shield, Full Command

18 Chosen, MoT, HW/Shield, Full Command, Terror Banner.

Warshrine, MoT

Warshrine, MoT

Hellcannon

2497pts.

Thoughts?

Terrokhan
05-04-2011, 08:46
Interesting list man.
What would their ward saves be just out of interest?
Seems like its a slow moving unstoppable force. Do you think you may suffer from fast moving flankers or shooty armies?

Vaktathi
05-04-2011, 14:44
Yeah, basically it's designed to just wade through everything thrown at it. I'm theme-ing it around the idea of an "inevitable host".

The warriors all have a 3+ armor with a 6+ward, upgraded to a 5+ ward in close combat to the front, as will the Chosen, but potentially if they get box cars for their initial EotG roll they'll have a 3+ Ward as well. The BSB has a 3+AS and 5+ ward and MR2 (meaning a 3+ ward against spell damage and giving his unit a 4+ ward against spell damage), the Sorceror Lord has a 3+ Ward with a 2+ armor save, while the Warshrines have 4+AS with 3+ Wards.

Only the Hellcannon has no Ward, but it really needs none, and still has a 4+ AS.

As long as I don't have to face a huge number of cannons or bolt throwers I think it'll be ok against shooting, Stone Throwers might kill 2 guys with a direct hit on average? Bows and the like probably won't be too scary.

Fast moving stuff may be an issue, I'm hoping to use the Warshrines as flank blockers however, no idea if that'll consistently work but we'll see.

Any thoughts on that plan?

Eta
05-04-2011, 15:00
Yeah, basically it's designed to just wade through everything thrown at it. I'm theme-ing it around the idea of an "inevitable host".

The warriors all have a 3+ armor with a 6+ward, upgraded to a 5+ ward in close combat to the front, as will the Chosen, but potentially if they get box cars for their initial EotG roll they'll have a 3+ Ward as well. The BSB has a 3+AS and 5+ ward and MR2 (meaning a 3+ ward against spell damage and giving his unit a 4+ ward against spell damage), the Sorceror Lord has a 3+ Ward with a 2+ armor save, while the Warshrines have 4+AS with 3+ Wards.

Only the Hellcannon has no Ward, but it really needs none, and still has a 4+ AS.

As long as I don't have to face a huge number of cannons or bolt throwers I think it'll be ok against shooting, Stone Throwers might kill 2 guys with a direct hit on average? Bows and the like probably won't be too scary.

Fast moving stuff may be an issue, I'm hoping to use the Warshrines as flank blockers however, no idea if that'll consistently work but we'll see.

Any thoughts on that plan?

The bane of Warshrines is combat resolution. That's why they work well on the flanks, away from any pesky ranked unit.

thesheriff
05-04-2011, 21:50
Suggest blasted standard on one of those units. Too good on tzeentch.

I also think that your chosen are a bit small. Perhaps dropping a unit of warriors, and dividing up the points to make each unit left 20 strong would suit you better?

Thesheriff

Death Korp
05-04-2011, 22:14
On the Chosen, may I suggest the Frenzy Banner? It works an absolute treat with Chosen in my experience.

PapaSmurf
06-04-2011, 16:38
I understand the tzeentch theme and I too am a Tzeentch player but the mark on the shrines seems overkill, they have a 4+ already and if they are needing the 3+ from combat or shooting then you haven't placed them well

may need something fast to defend the flanks but meh

like the theme and the list :)

cheers
Papasmurf

thesheriff
06-04-2011, 20:57
On the Chosen, may I suggest the Frenzy Banner? It works an absolute treat with Chosen in my experience.

The terror banner is there to eliminate fear and terror on the EotG table.

And in his frontage he will only claim an extra 5 attacks from frenzy.

Keep the terror banner.

BaSe
07-04-2011, 09:34
Wizard can't have the shield :(

thesheriff
07-04-2011, 10:25

yeah, a chaos one can....

Vaktathi
07-04-2011, 14:31

Re-read that second paragraph for Magical Interference in the BRB. Chaos is special :p

As to needing something fast, anything in particular people would suggest? Are people thinking something beefy like Chaos Knights or just something relatively weeny like Marauder Horsemen or Warhounds?

immortal git
07-04-2011, 16:06
knights bro, ride the flanks, dont die, MoT just so you can laugh when you pass the 6+ward when the cannon shoots you

Vaktathi
08-04-2011, 05:52
derp, realized I costed the Chosen as though they had a 25pt magic item on the champion, without having magic items.

So, that leaves 28pts to spend.

I could be cheesy and take Favor of the Gods for the EotG modifier and toss out a couple Magic Banners on the Warrior units, or I could give him the Collar of Khorne and slap a different wargear item on the BSB or something.

Opinions? Thoughts?

immortal git
08-04-2011, 10:11
Favour isnt cheesy, take it, dont think people will moan

Vaktathi
08-04-2011, 14:36
So, something like this then?

Sorceror Lord, Conjoined Homonculus, Third Eye, MoT, Dispell Scroll, Talisman of Preservation, Enchanted Shield & Gold Sigil Sword.

Exalted Hero, BSB, MoT Collar of Khorne, Sword of Swift Slaying, Shield, Stream of Corruption.

15 Warriors, MoT, HW/Shield, Full Command, Standard of Discipline.

15 Warriors, MoT, HW/Shield, Full Command, Gleaming Pennant.

18 Chosen, MoT, HW/Shield, Full Command, Favor of the Gods, Terror Banner.

Warshrine, MoT

Warshrine, MoT

Hellcannon

That should be 2497pts for real real, not for play play.

Eta
09-04-2011, 16:18
No Banner of Eternal Flame? I'd fix that. Drop a champion to get the points.

The list also seems to miss the 2x5 Chaos Hounds. Very very useful, I would never play without them.

GodlessM
09-04-2011, 23:49
I'd give the Chosen Halberds instead of/along side the Shields as you have nothing particularly hard hitting in your list. I'd drop the Lord's novelty sword and DS also to get the Puppet (essential in this edition). Good list otherwise.