PDA

View Full Version : 2500pts ALL MOUNTED Orcs & Goblins!

Jind_Singh
05-04-2011, 07:43
Army Criteria:

1) I love all things Orcs & Goblins
2) I love crazy ideas

So therefore I combined the 2 to make the following list - let me know what you think...

Orc Warboss, armor of destiny, Basha's axe of stunty smashing (armor piercing, +1 str, +1 attack), shield, Wyvern

Night Goblin Shaman lord, level 4, flying carpet

Night Goblin Big Boss (goes with Squig Hoppers), light armor, shield, Giant Squig

Forest Goblin Big Boss (Goes with Spider Riders), light armor, shield, Gigantic Spider

Core

10 Spider Riders, bows, full command
10 Spider Riders, bows, full command
18 Wolf Riders, spears, shields, bows, full command
5 Wolf Riders, bows, musician

Specials

Boar Chariot
Boar Chariot
Boar Chariot
2 Wolf Chariots
2 Wolf Chariots
2 Wolf Chariots
10 Squig Hoppers

Rares

Arachnarok Spider
Pump Wagon, wings
Pump Wagon, wings

Army Facts

Unit Deployments: 15
Fortitude: 5 (break points 3)

What does it have going for it?

1) Easy to unpack, set-up, put away
2) Low model count for painting
3) LOTS and LOTS of crazy units
4) Wicked and cool models
5) Unexpected, after all who plays mounted Greenskins anyway?
6) Looks like lots, and lots of fun!
7) Target priority - what is the enemy going to shoot I wonder? There are so many units that could scare him!
8) Night Goblin Shaman rocking it out on a magic carpet!!

The bad points

1) No war machines - so be a tough call to whittle enemy down at range
2) No troops - steadfast? What's that?
3) Terrain - dear Mork & Gork - the trees will kill me!
4) No Boar Boyz (just don't know what to drop to favor them!)
5) No Savage Orc Boar Boyz (same as above)
6) Only one Arachnarok Spider
7) Brittle - the army can't take prolonged fights yet almost every list will be steadfast vs most of my army
8) No BSB
9) No new special characters
10) Blood & Glory - if I lose the general I lose the game!

So it'll be interesting to hear peoples views on the list! Thanks

Terrokhan
05-04-2011, 08:56
My god.
It would probably do well against fragile shooting armies but imagine coming up against a bulky WoC or Dwarf army. Fun games never the less.

Jind_Singh
05-04-2011, 16:58
Oh dear - vs the bulky armies with good armour/toughness I'm doomed!

But against squishy armies...maybe, could have a chance!

Dorack
05-04-2011, 17:01
I would definitely add boar boys of any kind, specially to get a few more banners!!!

BigbyWolf
05-04-2011, 17:08
How about taking 2 units of 30 fast cav for core? That'd allow you to horde them, and use the remainder of the points on the other units (chariots, Pumps, BIIIG spiders) I'd say drop all forms of squigs, go for several Big Bosses mounted on spiders/ wolves to go in your hordes.

And lastly, because you can, take two Wyverns.

Lord_Byron
05-04-2011, 17:17
I would move numbers 4), 5) and 6) from "the bad points" up to "What does it have going for it?".

This is the first all mounted OnG list I've really liked and it's because of those reasons.

Slayerthane
05-04-2011, 22:25
To deal with heavily armored targets such as cavalry or even a steam tank I would consider adding the following to your pump wagons: spikey roller (+1 strength to impact hits) and Giant Exploding Spores (impact hits ignore armor saves). This way you could have your pump wagons doing 2D6 strength 5, no armor save, impact hits.

marcusjb201
07-04-2011, 18:29
You asked what would your oponante shoot at? If I was playing this list, I would aim for the Arachnarock and the Wyvern and trust that my troops would break yours (I run orcs as well, usually with Doom Divers). But I'm not sure it would work so in that sense I would love to fight this list.

WarhammerNoob4ever
07-04-2011, 23:55
i love it.....

u might not win every game (or even half) but god will it be fun

i always wanted to do an all-mounted army..... maybe the new TK will let me do that

Not sure what u could drop for BBs or SBBs but it looks pretty solid as it is, ur just gonna need to break stuff on the charge ^^ (go 7th!)

thesheriff
08-04-2011, 21:40
I liked the cavalry horde idea. 2 x 30 wolf riders will do the trick.

I'm not sure if I would have an aragnarok spider or some boar boyz with strider banner.

But looks cool. And fun.

thesheriff

Chadjabdoul
08-04-2011, 22:04
It's a nice idea.

If I'd change something, it would be to drop the hoppers and a few chariots and include a nice boar rider unit and a few more bigbosses (one for the boars, one for the wolves).

Some orcs would suit your warboss choice better I think, and give you more survivability. (goblin cavalry dies fast)