PDA

View Full Version : Pegasus Lord: Gauntlet of the Duel or Tress of Isoulde?

Awilla the Hun
05-04-2011, 19:30
My Bretonnian army is peasant based, but has a Pegasus mounted Lord equipped with a Heartwood Lance, Virtue of Heroism, and Charmed Shield. Would it be better as a Monster hunter (Tress of Isoulde), or as a duellist (Gauntlet of the Duel)?

Comrades! The Revolution needs you!

bluemage
05-04-2011, 23:19
I would make him a monster hunter. That's not a great setup for a duelist. If you want a character setup to go around challenging everything, you'll want him to be paired up with a unit of knights so you'll have the static res to win combat, and hopefully the ranks to break the enemy.

Trains_Get_Robbed
06-04-2011, 02:17
Best Charcter setup for bret challenging Lord:

Sword of Anti-Heroes, Gauntlet of Duel, Aguilf Armor, Virtue of Rerolling Missed wounds and hits. This all gets combined with the Fey Enchantress's +1 to hit bonus against certain a charcter.

Kevlar
06-04-2011, 02:48
With the changes to virtue of heroism I don't think anyone should field a Bret lord without it. The drawbacks of only working on large targets and no magic weapons being completely removed make that a no-brainer.

The heartwood lance is a no brainer with that. I'd probably take the other trickster's shard though instead of the tress or the gauntlet. Forcing re-rolls of pesky ward saves against your HKB would be well worth it! Keep the charmed shield too if he isn't in a unit, otherwise stick him on a horse and take the dragonhelm. Although the OTT could be dangerous to the rest of his unit too!

Malorian
06-04-2011, 03:07
Even the best setup isn't a gamble, and putting it on a peg makes it even more risky.

It might be boring but tactically your best bet is to spend the points on knights.

Sedge
06-04-2011, 09:38
I like the following build.
Lord Killing blow Lance of Artois Luckstone Dragon Helm Gauntlet of Duel
The ability to pick Slann out of units, take out powerful wizards, and just choose the duels you want is priceless. Obviously that turn that you fluff all your attacks will make you wish that you took the tress will still happen but tress or gauntlet is just a mater of target priority.
Even with the gauntlet you can still easily take on monsters.

I don't run the lord on a peg but I can easily see the use in it. Both routes are valid.

Awilla the Hun
06-04-2011, 10:38
Have chosen the Tress. Comrade OnceBitten is being trusted once again!

ewar
07-04-2011, 17:34
I like the following build.
Lord Killing blow Lance of Artois Luckstone Dragon Helm Gauntlet of Duel
The ability to pick Slann out of units, take out powerful wizards, and just choose the duels you want is priceless. Obviously that turn that you fluff all your attacks will make you wish that you took the tress will still happen but tress or gauntlet is just a mater of target priority.
Even with the gauntlet you can still easily take on monsters.

I don't run the lord on a peg but I can easily see the use in it. Both routes are valid.

Not sure why you think you can pick Slann out of units?

The gauntlet only means your opponent can't refuse a challenge - if a character cannot legally accept then that is not affected. Same way a champion can still accept the challenge from the gauntlet holding character, as a challenge is just issued generally - not to specific models.

I'd go with the monster killing lord - much more fun and way more use for Brets.

Trains_Get_Robbed
08-04-2011, 03:18
^^^

If a model can't come into base contact then the models are left where they are and are considered in a challenge for combat purposes.

So if the Slann is the only charcter left, then yes you can pick him out -assuming your killing his champion first.