PDA

View Full Version : New Tomb Guard

CapitanMee
07-04-2011, 18:22
Hi, I really like the new Tomb Guard models enough to start thinking about starting an army. But I really am not a fan of the old bog standard skeletons, the proportions just seem off. And I know that the new TK are larger then the Vampire Counts Skeletons, and I can live with that there is variation; so maybe their just really big people, or some evolution of H. heidelberensis or something. I was trying of to think of a way to make core skeletons out of bits of the tomb guard and I came up with a few questions. Does anyone know if the standard skeletons for tomb kings have their torso in scale with the new TG? Also there were rumors of the TG box having bare heads, any one know if this is true? I tried to guess at what was in the box and came up with this
10 Halbards
10 Swords
10 Shield Arms
10 Bodies
10 Crested Heads
10 Legs
1 Banner Poll
1 Banner Crest
1 Musician Arm
1 Champion Head
1 Champion Sword
1 Bird ?
10 Bases?
which, assuming I did my arithmetic correctly, come out to 76/88 components accounted for, so does that mean their are 10 bare heads on the frame? And the way I separated the spure make sense?

Any help, or info, on this topic would be much appreciated, thanks

GodlessM
07-04-2011, 19:24
Some guy in the painting section just made bog standard VC Skeletons and did a Khemri style paint job and they looked fine. For Warriors a shield swap is enough, it is with the bowmen that you will need to get creative. Huntsmen bows should go on the hands nice enough but you'll have to make sure the join is solid or they'll easily break.

CapitanMee
08-04-2011, 15:00
Thanks, that's my fall back plan. But I would like to have my whole army in scale with itself.

Coldblood666
08-04-2011, 21:06
Any idea on how to get a bunch of TK shields for a decent price?

GodlessM
08-04-2011, 22:21
Thanks, that's my fall back plan. But I would like to have my whole army in scale with itself.

It's not such a bad thing; you elite and more powerful Tomb Guard are ever so slightly bigger than your run of the mill Skeleton.

Any idea on how to get a bunch of TK shields for a decent price?

How to get them, yes. For a decent price, that depends on how you determine a decent price. It costs about 5euro for 10 of them on let the dice decide.

CapitanMee
09-04-2011, 02:31
I guess I'll have to wait until I see them side by side to tell for sure. Anyone know if the rumor for having bare heads in the Tomb Guard Box is true or not? Thanks

Chris_
09-04-2011, 02:35
You could always go for only Chariots as core, not an ideal solution but a solution nonetheless. Either you use the skellies in the Chariots set (which are better than the older ones) or you switch them with 2 Tomb Guards.

Balerion
09-04-2011, 04:29
Where does this information about TK's being "larger" come from, and what dimensions are we talking about? Height? Bulk? Thickness of the bones?

Chris_
09-04-2011, 04:50
Where does this information about TK's being "larger" come from, and what dimensions are we talking about? Height? Bulk? Thickness of the bones?I think it comes from the Black Library books about Nagash, not sure though.

H33D
09-04-2011, 05:40
Tomb Guard halberds ftw. I'm glad they are no longer always S4 when their counterpart (Grave Guard) could always take great weapons.

Tyranno1
09-04-2011, 20:24
Head swaps not possible, unless you want them to look like boggleheads. I have compared the two today and they are are far larger.

But useing the vampire counts skeletons will be fine. Just say the largest and strongest humans are picked to be tomb guard. Sheild and weapon swaps are all that is required, and a TK paint job too.

Ronin[XiC]
09-04-2011, 20:56
Some guy in the painting section just made bog standard VC Skeletons and did a Khemri style paint job and they looked fine. For Warriors a shield swap is enough, it is with the bowmen that you will need to get creative. Huntsmen bows should go on the hands nice enough but you'll have to make sure the join is solid or they'll easily break.

Can you link me to that plog please?

VenomBlood
09-04-2011, 21:50
;5452217']Can you link me to that plog please?

Maybe this one: http://www.warseer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=282894

GodlessM
09-04-2011, 21:56
That's the one.

Falkman
09-04-2011, 22:21
I got a question regarding VC skeletons as TK as well, and figured I could as well post it here. What I want to know is if the shields come moulded to the hands of the VC skellies or if they're added separate? If they're separate that makes it really easy to just give them TK shields. Looks like they're separate in that plog, but I want to make sure.

StarFyreXXX
09-04-2011, 22:42
the reason i don't like doing that, for those who are picky and want their models to look 'perfect' so to speak, the vampire counts versions have lots of stuff on them that would need cutting off, etc that are not 'tomb kingish". yes, some won't care but for those that do care, those armour, aaccesories, etc aren't ideal. However, seeing the Sphinx yesterday, i love it and the tomb guard it comes with are beautiful. What i like of them, the old skeletons were not only too big but just looked off. The new tomb guard skulls are like, they are larger, like the old scale BUT they have all those extra indentations and crevaces that a real skull has. in the end, they look more like real skulls, compared to some of the old skellie heads.

I'm thinking if i can scrounge up the money, and use tomb guard as skeletons...and then figure out what to do to make tomb guard even more elite...with extra armour additions, etc.

Sanjay

GodlessM
10-04-2011, 00:21
I got a question regarding VC skeletons as TK as well, and figured I could as well post it here. What I want to know is if the shields come moulded to the hands of the VC skellies or if they're added separate? If they're separate that makes it really easy to just give them TK shields. Looks like they're separate in that plog, but I want to make sure.

Pretty sure they are separate.

RTGamer
10-04-2011, 02:46
Yep they are separate. I'll be doing the weapon and head swap thing with the tomb guard.

I want all my tomb guard to have those death masks... I will own 4 on the 7th only 36 more to find...

GodlessM
10-04-2011, 02:56
Yep they are separate. I'll be doing the weapon and head swap thing with the tomb guard.

I want all my tomb guard to have those death masks... I will own 4 on the 7th only 36 more to find...

I don't like the look of it, so if you PM me an address I'll send you the one from the box I pre-ordered.

CapitanMee
13-04-2011, 16:06
Looks like there are no spare bare heads, oh well worth a try