PDA

View Full Version : Would you begrudge me . . .

Navar
08-04-2011, 14:26
Taking a Space Marine Scout with a Sniper Rifle for a Vindicare Assassin in my GK army? I have a Vindicare model, but I don't like it, and I don't think it looks good thematically in the army.

Cry of the Wind
08-04-2011, 14:31
Make sure he painted up nice and I won't have an issue. I'm not a fan of the real model myself so I use the Vostroyan sniper with no hat for mine.

MajorWesJanson
08-04-2011, 14:40
Go for it. I use a Callidus model as Marbo when I play Guard.

The Orange
08-04-2011, 14:50
Wouldn't have a problem with it, especially if you make him look good.

Casper Hawser
08-04-2011, 14:50
It wouldn't bother me my nephew's being using my deffkoptas to represent Neron destroyers for a while just until he can afford some destroyers. As long as your opponent knows what the model represents I can't see anyone having any complaints with that.

PC Veteran
08-04-2011, 14:53
I wouldn't have a problem with it. I would like to see some effort in making it stand out from a regular scout sniper.

loveless
08-04-2011, 15:01
Make sure he painted up nice and I won't have an issue. I'm not a fan of the real model myself so I use the Vostroyan sniper with no hat for mine.

That's such a wonderful idea I can't believe I didn't think of it :p

I don't have a huge problem with the Vindicare model, but that is a spiffy replacement.

Thanks for the idea, CotW.

Frostea
08-04-2011, 15:04
Model him with three bandoliers with ammos of different coloured tips. Would be pretty obvious then.

Orkses
08-04-2011, 15:18
that vostroyan sniper is a beautiful model, too bad about the metal :p

razcalking
08-04-2011, 15:20
Sounds like a fair counts-as to me. Hell, he has the right weapon, which is one step up on most counts-as I've seen.

Lord Gabranth
08-04-2011, 15:59
I know what the OP means, the vindicare assasin is ugly. I have use the Vostroyan sniper too just because his face mask looks cool. And I wouldnt mind playing against him as count as. Im the guy who uses regular snipers and counts them as ratling because those models are hideous

Bunnahabhain
08-04-2011, 16:18
I'm the guy who uses regular snipers and counts them as ratling because those models are hideous

Doesn't everyone? It's so much easier to hate the ab-humans when they're ugly as well.

OP, good idea, no problem at all. Lone sniper = Sniper assassin.

Lord Gabranth
08-04-2011, 16:29
Doesn't everyone? It's so much easier to hate the ab-humans when they're ugly as well.

Yeah and Im still trying to find something to represent an Ogryn as well

Cry of the Wind
08-04-2011, 16:30
That's such a wonderful idea I can't believe I didn't think of it :p

I don't have a huge problem with the Vindicare model, but that is a spiffy replacement.

Thanks for the idea, CotW.

No problem loveless, you can see mine done (minus the basing) on the latest page of my log (see sig for shameless plugging ;)) with my counts as Servo Skull Psyber Eagels.

I figure the Vostroyan sniper has a big enough gun that it is the 41st millenium version of the Barret .50 cal. Blowing up jeeps and light armour vehicles was so 21st century, in the future we snipe full battle tanks!

ColShaw
08-04-2011, 16:31
I'm in favor of that. Telion would be a good model to use, too. In any case, that's one badass Marine sniper.

LonelyPath
08-04-2011, 16:38
He's a sniper so that matches up, if painted up to look like he's a Vindicare (maybe one disguised as a scout) then I think it's a cool idea.

Boomstikk
08-04-2011, 16:59
Personally I think that as long as you can still see what a model represents, things like these can really add to the flavor of an army.

brightblade
08-04-2011, 19:57
Done the same myself for apoc games so he fits in with my chapter as a master sniper.
I would obviously have no problem with it whatsoever.

Archangel_Ruined
08-04-2011, 20:26
I'll put a shout out here for the Last Chancers sniper, a very nice model in a ghillie suit. I don't think anyone should take issue with a scout sniper though, it has the wargear and is the right size so there aren't any rule problems raised.

Clang
08-04-2011, 22:09
Sounds good, but make an effort to make him/her look a little more elite than a normal sniper, especially if you have any 'normal' snipers also in your army, e.g. some extra equipment, better camo or whatever.

If anyone whines about fluff, just say the Assassin has deliberately disguised him/herself as a normal sniper :)