PDA

View Full Version : 3500pt High Elf army list

Not a word to the elf.
08-04-2011, 22:31
Hello this is my second attempt at a warseer army list and C&C are aprecciated. I will include frontage and where carachters go. Archtypes are another campaign thing BTW IMPORTANT NOTE; Exemplar gives a unit always strike first for a player turn of combat. If the unit already strikes first then for one player turn they may re-roll failed to wound

3500 point High Elf Army

High Elf Prince with a great weapon, the armor of Caledor, a dawnstone, and the talisman of preservation Archtype Exemplar; 257pts

High Elf level 4 archmage with the seerstaff using the lore of shadow; 290pts seerstaff lets me choose my spells and I will choose Okkams Mindrazor the withering pit of shades and the signature.

Caradryan Archtype ( ); 175pts

BSB on a barded elven steed with dragon armor, the helm of luck, a shield, and a lance; 163pts

noble with shadow armor, and a great weapon longbow; 128pts

53 elven spearmen fc and lion standard; 527pts 10 wide (prince and Caradryan here)

16 elven archers with full command and light armor; 217pts 8 wide(mage here)

10 lorthern sea guard, full command, and shields; 155pts 5 wide

2 RBTís; 200pts

20 ws6 frenzied phoenix guard fc and the banner of saphery, the champion has the ruby ring of ruin; 405pts they are frenzied do to a store campaign and are deployed 7 wide

16 swordmasters fc; 270pts 8 wide

10 dragon princes fc penndant of ellyrion; 365pts 5 wide (BSB here)

5 ellyrion reavers with bows and a champion; 112pts 5 wide

lion chariot; 145pts

5 shadow warriors; 80pts (shadow armor noble here)

3487pts

D'Haran
09-04-2011, 02:20
List seems pretty weak, not sure how hard core it's meant to be. You have various elements which are combined into an army which will half fall apart under scrutiny. Many units are undermanned that are poorer choices to being with (archers, seaguard, shadow warriors, reavers, RBT). Also your 2nd noble isn't going to be doing much, I'd rather see a second mage.

Spearmen, PG, and your other heroes are very nice though and will form the most useful part of this list. Overall I figure you have about 1000 pts which could be better spent.

The choices I didn't mention are ok, it really depends how they're used. Good luck.

Pointy Headed Elven Paladin
09-04-2011, 05:44
Hello this is my second attempt at a warseer army list and C&C are aprecciated. I will include frontage and where carachters go. Archtypes are another campaign thing BTW IMPORTANT NOTE; Exemplar gives a unit always strike first for a player turn of combat. If the unit already strikes first then for one player turn they may re-roll failed to wound

3500 point High Elf Army

High Elf Prince with a great weapon, the armor of Caledor, a dawnstone, and the talisman of preservation Archtype Exemplar; 257pts

High Elf level 4 archmage with the seerstaff using the lore of shadow; 290pts seerstaff lets me choose my spells and I will choose Okkams Mindrazor the withering pit of shades and the signature.

BSB on a barded elven steed with dragon armor, the helm of luck, a shield, and a lance; 163pts

53 elven spearmen fc and lion standard; 527pts 10 wide (prince and Caradryan here)

2 RBTís; 200pts

20 ws6 frenzied phoenix guard fc and the banner of saphery, the champion has the ruby ring of ruin; 405pts they are frenzied do to a store campaign and are deployed 7 wide

lion chariot; 145pts

3487pts

The prince has two talismans. That's illegal. If the character is meant to lead the unit of Spearmen then Crown of Command would serve you well. I think the point value of the army is a little off too.

The noble with Shadow Armor should be given the Guardian Phoenix if no character is assigned with it to give him some surviability in close combat.

I'd also suggest coverting the Spearmen to LSG if you plan to use such a large block of them to maximise their phases.

I also think the army is a little lite in the special choices department. The swordmasters are big enough but at this point scale small units like Shadow Warriors & Reavers will get eliminated from play fast. I would increase the number of Shadow Warriors & get a Shadow Walker for the unit and increase the number in the Dragon Princes to 11 by trading the Reavers.

I hope that helps.

Not a word to the elf.
09-04-2011, 11:19

3500 point High Elf Army

High Elf Prince with a great weapon, the armor of Caledor, a dawnstone, the crown of command. Archtype Exemplar; 247pts

2 RBTís; 200pts

lion chariot; 145pts

3487pts

Changes are in bold. Guys I brought the seaguard to fill up core requirement, my archers are there cause' when I cast the withering on a unit and make them toughness 2 elf shooting starts to hurt. Everytime I have used reavers they do so much more then their points cost would suggest. Do not have more than 10 seaguard + I love the idea of my brave citizen levy, not my brave proffesional soldiers. I have 1000 points better spent but not 1000 points to spend it on. U R right about shadow warrioirs though. Good call Paladin about duo talismans, changed it

grhino
09-04-2011, 13:07
Shadow warriors are awesome, both fluffwise and with the new scout rules! Great for taking out warmachines and marching high speed behind the enemy army shooting at anything that threatens or annoys them, and charging warmachines asap!

Griplock
10-04-2011, 18:45
Id suggest theitem that gives your mage an extra spell instead of the seerstaff, when you have 5 spells the odds of not getting what you want (without a double so you can pick) are tiny. Gives you a bit more flexibility in magic.

grhino
13-04-2011, 16:29
Think the list is pretty weak and fragile- and you may want to check your army book again for the points value of the Lion Chariot...