PDA

View Full Version : Magical Insanity (aka Dwarfs with magic = WTF?) (youtube)

Malorian
09-04-2011, 07:22
I'm running a 2500 tournament next weekend and my brother wanted a practice game with his skaven so I break out some dwarfs and give him a go.

Mission rolled: Magical insanity

Summary of rules:
-Give any character the wizard hat for free. He will generate an additional 2 power dice that only he can use but his stupidity tests are at minus 2.
-Roll off and winner picks side and deploys everything within 30 inches of the bottom right corner, opponent deploys everything and then on a 2+ the first player goes first.
-Most objectives met wins. (Actually in the tournament you just keep a running tally of objectives met.)

Objectives:
-Cast one of the random spells from the wizard hat
-Cast the other spell
-Get IF during the game with that character
-Destroy a unit by any means with that character
-The wizard hat character survives the game.

My List:

Rune lord w/ anvil, rune of balance, rune of spell breaking, shield
Thane bsb w/ mro gromil, ro cleaving, ro fire, mro challenge

40 dwarfs w/ great weapons, banner, musician
40 dwarfs w/ shields, banner, musician
30 quarrellers w/ great weapons, banner

20 miners w/ banner, champ w/ steamdrill
Grudge thrower w/ 2X ro penetrating, ro accuracy
Cannon w/ burning

Organ gun
Organ gun

Total: 2498

His List (ish):

Greyseer w/ skalm and 2 bought tokens
BSB
Lvl 1 engineer w/ condenser, doom rocket

50 clanrats w/ spears, FC, mortar
50 clanrats w/ FC, mortar
20 clanrats w/ FC, flame thrower
100 slaves (will be 2X50 after this game)

40 monks w/ FC and reroll banner

HPA
Doomwheel
WLC
WLC

The Report:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a2FVmVEOWE0

danny-d-b
09-04-2011, 09:10
sounds like a fun game, if I was anywhere near you I'd show up for your tordment mal!

erm one thing on note (could be wrong though) but I don't think the HPA gets to horrable to die, if he gets hit by a flaming attack, not that it mattered

Gilbert Gosseyn III
09-04-2011, 09:26
I saw the game, interesting but somewhat unbalanced for Skaven. Interesting mission though. I was wondering about the other scenarios. It seems kinda fun as a tournament.

TsukeFox
09-04-2011, 13:50
Dude-skaven player needs to observe the "one inch rule." further gutter runnners are much better investment than then storm bannner.
Better luck next time-maybe make the bunker bigger for the wizard hat bearer

Malorian
09-04-2011, 14:10
Dude-skaven player needs to observe the "one inch rule."

We try and follow it when possible, but let things slide when things are cramped to start off with.

Boss_Salvage
09-04-2011, 14:23
Dude-skaven player needs to observe the "one inch rule." further gutter runnners are much better investment than then storm bannner.
Better luck next time-maybe make the bunker bigger for the wizard hat bearerI play skaven and somebody pointed out to me early on in 8th to watch the 1" Rule. So that night I cut a length of plasticard to be exactly 1" on one end, to quickly and easily maintain proper spacing. Unfortunately I also tend to use it to regulate the other guy's spacing too :shifty:

On the scenario: love the mandatory wizard hat :D

- Salvage