PDA

View Full Version : Inquisitor sizes

Monodominant
09-04-2011, 10:02
Hello...

As I am trying to procure models that will look amazing as henchmen and inquisitors I came about some 54mm models from Inquisitor game. I know it may sound strange but I cant visualise the size difference between standard models for 40k and these guys.

Can anyone offer links with pictures that contain both model sizes so I can have a look?

Also this for example: http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/RARE-OOP-Confrontation-Rackham-Griffin-Inquisitor-1-/250800725912?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item3a64e35f98

he looks pretty cool and I have seen some in ebay. They could fit a DH Inquisitor that follows the armored style of the Grey Knights but once again not sure about the size!

Shadowlance
09-04-2011, 10:08
To help put it in perspective, Inquisitor is 54mm scale while normal 40k is 28mm.

Hope that helps

Cheers
Shadowlance

chromedog
09-04-2011, 10:45
Brother Marine Artemis is around 70mm tall and his bolter is larger than a 28mm heavy bolter.
He's amongst the largest of them. He's still around 4-5 times the size of a 28mm space marine.
The rest are just around twice the height and 2-3 times the physical size of a 28mm model.

That old display model of the spacemarine painting a spacemarine ...
It used Artemis, and he was painting an epic space marine.

Ambience 327
11-04-2011, 16:54
I don't have any pictures to share, but I can help out with a few examples:

I used old WHFB River Trolls as Plaguebearers in Inquisitor.

I sculpted a Nurgling for Inquisitor. It was larger than a 40K Gretchin, and it's head was a 40K Ork head.

I used a 40K Ogryn as a QUITE SMALL Ork in Inquisitor.

I used an old Gorkamorka "Big Grabba" claw to make a Servo-Arm for my Inquisitor scale Techmarine.

Basically, Inquisitor models are roughly twice the size of their 40K counterparts. You would not be able to use an Inquisitor model in 40K to represent the same type of unit. You might be able to use an Inquisitor model to make a monstrous creature or daemon prince or something for 40K.

Hedgehobbit
11-04-2011, 18:52
Are the Inquisitor models metal or resin?

Isn't 54mm the same size as plastic army men?

Charax
11-04-2011, 20:16
they're metal (for now, anyway)

and in case you haven't noticed, "Plastic army men" come in lots and lots of sizes, so some of them probably are. The majority are not.

Also: Inquisitor Board (http://www.warseer.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=96)