PDA

View Full Version : Killzone at Adepticon... and in general

Walls
11-04-2011, 23:57
I've been reading through the Killzone rules from Galaxy In Flames and it's astounding how good it is. SO much better then Kill Teams.

I was wondering if anyone knows how it did at Adepticon, results, etc.

And would love to hear from anyone else who's tried it, what works/doesn't, etc.

Phoenikuz
12-04-2011, 00:58
I have yet to try it out, but I liked the basic premise and idea a whole lot... but a lot of the details wasn't really to my liking. Which meant I own version of it (https://sites.google.com/site/aresarsenal/combat-squads) instead; said version is very similar to Killzone, so come Thursday I'll have a whole lot of input on whether or not it works or not.

And I'm eagerly awaiting some tales from adepticon regarding Killzone; it seems there was a lot of fuzz up to Adepticon and then it just sort of.. fizzled?

chromedog
12-04-2011, 01:51
You could try reading bigJim's blog post.
Seems it was a success. He posted a video of it too.

http://galaxyinflames.blogspot.com/

ShodansOwn
12-04-2011, 06:33
Every time I go "*sigh* I wish 40k had______", there it is in Killzone.

Walls
12-04-2011, 06:43
I did go there and saw the video. Curious to hear about armies, lists, etc. Wanna see what people are playing :)

The Laughing God
12-04-2011, 11:54
I quickly read through the rules and it looks like a lot of fun. Hope to try it out some time. It would be fun collecting small kill teams.

Phoenikuz
12-04-2011, 14:15
I hope to try it out (or rather my own homebrewn version of it) this thursday; 200 points of IG vs. Grey Knights... that's going to be fun ;)

BDJV
13-04-2011, 02:59
Hey guys, I am working on gathering information about lists that people brought. Hopefully I can get that info up on the blog in the next week. So keep checking the blog for more info as I gather it.

The hype on the blog died down a bit cause I have had tons of real life stuff crop up over the last 2 months; which is why I did not make it to Adepticon to support my own game system.

Cheers,
Jim