PDA

View Full Version : Warp Energy Condenser?

Dante blackfur
12-04-2011, 01:22
If I have a lvl 1 warlock with this awesom peice of equipmet, Do I get a Channling attempt on a 6 and then an additional roll of 5+ to give my self an additional PD? and If I got a 6 and then a 5 or 6 would I add 2 PD to my pool?

Thanks in advance! :)

Kevlar
12-04-2011, 01:36
Correct, but it isn't really awesome. Compare it to master of the black arts for instance...

Dante blackfur
12-04-2011, 01:58
well, since we cant get taht as rats... :(

Haravikk
12-04-2011, 10:38
Yeah it's a great little item to take, not in the least because of the extra damage that it will do using Warp Lightning as well. Remember to roll your extra "channeling" dice separately though!

Ferrous82
13-04-2011, 17:50
This delightful item gave me 7 hits both times I successfully cast Warp Lightning. I killed about a dozen Lothern Seaguard in total from the two casts. I only got 1-2 extra dice over the course of the game, but apparently I was using it wrong. I was using it as if I only got a single channel attempt at 5+, and not a 6+ and a 5+ from the same wizard. This makes me far more eager to take it next time too.

Spinocus
13-04-2011, 18:51
Awesome item and absolutely mandatory if your list includes a Lvl 1 or lvl 2 Warlock Engineer.

Balerion
15-04-2011, 20:44
Correct, but it isn't really awesome. Compare it to master of the black arts for instance...
Or that ever-hateful HE crystal that equates to a 15 point power dice.

The Condenser is still pretty awesome, though. Let's not forget it's 150% cheaper than MotBA, and therefore much easier to include, and also gives another bonus that is very synergistic with the general usage of a Warlock Engineer.

Kevlar
15-04-2011, 21:56
Or that ever-hateful HE crystal that equates to a 15 point power dice.

The Condenser is still pretty awesome, though. Let's not forget it's 150% cheaper than MotBA, and therefore much easier to include, and also gives another bonus that is very synergistic with the general usage of a Warlock Engineer.

Every time I take the condenser I roll scorch though. Never fails!

Iraf
15-04-2011, 22:05
Warlocks can always take warplightning. It is their "signature spell"

Balerion
15-04-2011, 23:49
Warlocks can always take warplightning. It is their "signature spell"
Yeah, but Scorch is such a superior spell that it's worth keeping even if you've invested in the Condenser.

Every time I take the condenser I roll scorch though. Never fails!
I have NEVER ONCE managed to roll Scorch on an Engineer. :shifty:

Kevlar
16-04-2011, 00:54
Yeah, but Scorch is such a superior spell that it's worth keeping even if you've invested in the Condenser.

I have NEVER ONCE managed to roll Scorch on an Engineer. :shifty:

Yep. Thanks, thought that one was obvious heh.

Scorch is one of the best spells in the game.

Tarian
16-04-2011, 01:11
That's why you take a lvl2! Scorch AND Lightning! Then again, my Engineer never survives the battle anyways... silly Rocket Rat.

Ferrous82
16-04-2011, 21:05
Yeah I don't see why you wouldn't just select Warp Lightning as the second spell after you roll Scorch. Those two spells sound like the only real winners in the Ruin list. I've gotten Death Frenzy a few times, but am too timid to use it on anything but my slaves (which was epic, considering 20 of the little buggers broke and ran down a unit of Seaguard)

Kevlar
16-04-2011, 22:39
Upgrading a warlock to a level 2 is too expensive. You can almost get two level 1's for the price of a level 2, which tactically seems a lot better idea. Another channeling chance is worth most of the difference alone.