PDA

View Full Version : killing festus, when does the unit lose regen

TMATK
12-04-2011, 06:05
Say we have Festus in a unit of warriors with great weapons facing off with a unit of orcs. 2 orcs attack Festus and kill him. Now the rest of the orcs attack the warriors, do they still have regeneration for that turn?

Thanks

Dante blackfur
12-04-2011, 06:52
I would say no since its not a RIP spell and the source of the regen is gone.

Glen_Savet
12-04-2011, 07:00
I would say yes, unless the two orcs that killed him had higher initiative then the rest of the orcs.

traeplien
12-04-2011, 07:20
I would say yes, unless the two orcs that killed him had higher initiative then the rest of the orcs.

Yup. It all depends on initiative. If it's all at the same initiative, regen will be active the whole time.

T10
12-04-2011, 07:41
Say we have Festus in a unit of warriors with great weapons facing off with a unit of orcs. 2 orcs attack Festus and kill him. Now the rest of the orcs attack the warriors, do they still have regeneration for that turn?

Thanks

It seems safe to assume that the models are "alive" until the end of the initiative bracket in which they were killed. That means that if Festus is killed during Initiative 2 then he counts being alive until all attacks in that intiative count have been resolved. He will count as dead during Initiative 1 and later.

This is because there is no strict sequencing to attacks made in the same initiative count in close combat: When two models with the same initiative are fighting each other, it is quite possible that they will succeed in killing each other.

-T10