PDA

View Full Version : No new elysians in the works

Russian Roulette
12-04-2011, 18:18
I had emailed forgeworld for some IA:8 rules clarifications and figured as long as I was shooting emails into the dark I might as well nose around for info about elysians...to my surprise I got a [fairly depressing] response...

Hi there.
Thanks for your Elysian related questions. [blah blah blah about rules]. However, we have no plans to produce any more Elysians

Thanks
Tris Buckroyd

Eff....my....life.....

Thoughts?

Vepr
12-04-2011, 18:23
If you can drum up enough support they might change their minds. I am guessing it is a combination of new projects and declining sales of Elysians. If all else maybe enough people could convince them to do more conversion kits for current guard stuff instead of whole models.

Russian Roulette
13-04-2011, 13:05
Or even conversion kits for some of their existing models

3+savesarefornoobs
13-04-2011, 13:34
oh well Elysians sucked anyway. Their huge goggles looked ridiculous.

x-esiv-4c
13-04-2011, 13:37
Have you ever seen a Space Marines pauldrons?

Russian Roulette
13-04-2011, 13:49
oh well Elysians sucked anyway. Their huge goggles looked ridiculous.

HAH

Your poofy fro fro hats are ridiculous!

ShodansOwn
13-04-2011, 19:36
Its the stupid guns that ruin them for me. I love the concept, and they're pretty cool anyways but...this isnt Halo, and how on earth did someone design a rifle that looks weaker than a lasgun??

Formerly Wu
13-04-2011, 20:37
What more could they even do? Pretty much every unit and option in their army list is covered. Short of inventing new units (and finding a niche in the list that's unfilled by the current range), they're done.

I won't speculate on the line's popularity- I hate the models but plenty of people seem to like them fine. That said, perhaps they would sell better if their every appearance didn't end in embarrassing annihilation...

MajorWesJanson
13-04-2011, 21:28
What more could they even do? Pretty much every unit and option in their army list is covered. Short of inventing new units (and finding a niche in the list that's unfilled by the current range), they're done.

Commissars, more heavily armored stormtroopers, dropship transport, some characters, cargomasters, multimelta heavy weapon teams, Valkyrie pilots and door gunners, or a Hornet scout bike unit.

Or go the DKoK route and add 2 more poses of basic infantry, a couple variants of commissar, and a Event only model...

TheOneWithNoName
14-04-2011, 01:50
Thoughts?

Disappointing to say the least. :( Every book featuring Elysians has come with new models. Why'd they have to go and change that with the latest book. Oh well, no reason to hold off on that Forge World order any longer. :p

declining sales of Elysians.

Got a source for that bro-bro?

3+savesarefornoobs
14-04-2011, 01:56
HAH

Your poofy fro fro hats are ridiculous!

HEY DON'T MAKE FUN OF MY VOSTROYANS :mad: