PDA

View Full Version : Reforging Iron: rebuilding my IWs

pyramid_head
29-03-2006, 19:15
Okay heres all the stuff done its up on ebay now
http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y245/Tim_rich/Iron%20Warriors%202005/Basia.jpg

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y245/Tim_rich/Iron%20Warriors%202005/Basi2.jpg

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y245/Tim_rich/Iron%20Warriors%202005/Defiler.jpg

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y245/Tim_rich/Iron%20Warriors%202005/d00dz.jpg

VoidWarrior
29-03-2006, 19:50
That looks a lot better now, but i'm not sure that i like the pink/purple thing on the back, to me it just doesn't seem to fit with the rest of the tank. Apart fromthat it looks great.

pyramid_head
29-03-2006, 19:52
http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y245/Tim_rich/Iron%20Warriors%202005/Termis.jpg

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y245/Tim_rich/Iron%20Warriors%202005/squadb.jpg

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y245/Tim_rich/Iron%20Warriors%202005/squada.jpg

Tonberry
29-03-2006, 19:53
Hmm, tone down the pink a bit, purple perhaps, at the moment its a tad too bright. And I'm not even going to say what the back of the bombard looks like.

pyramid_head
29-03-2006, 20:18
k i just finished repainting the fleshy part of my basi to look more like the fleshy parts of the khorne termis ill post pics when i can be botehred setting up my light box :P

Warboss Garfang
29-03-2006, 20:23
I really like the overall look of the force, specifically your normal troops, they're awesome. The terminators came off well too.

Only things I would do are:

1)Either make the cloths on the guns bigger, or take 'em off, they're not doing anything there, mostly looking messy.

2)Give the bombard a closed/closable breech

3)Make the tentacles on the Basalisk more substantial, they don't look like the could control a gun the way they are.

4)Make the Raptor champion more Chaosy, maybe with some symbols or such.

These are just suggestions though, you're quite welcome to continue interpreting your force the way you want.

Deadite
29-03-2006, 21:28
Maybe I'm just weird...but I liked your original tanks....
Not that the new ones are "bad", but the original tanks just had, IMO, a better feel and flair to them.

tzeentchgiant
29-03-2006, 21:32
Hmmm, the purple and pink seems a little strong for what you've got already, but other than that, great additions.

When you say "remastered" do you mean you've changed the models you still have, or do you mean you've made more of the same stuff you had before you sold them?

TG

pyramid_head
29-03-2006, 21:36
Hmmm, the purple and pink seems a little strong for what you've got already, but other than that, great additions.

When you say "remastered" do you mean you;ve changed the models you still have, or do you mean you've made more of the same stuff you had before you sold them?

TG

I kept most of my tanks in the end and ended up canabilising my turreted land raider for parts, the basi and bombard are the original models but redone. As said I've since redone the flesh on the basi its more orange and looks alot better next to the rusty chasis

Maybe I'm just weird...but I liked your original tanks....
Not that the new ones are "bad", but the original tanks just had, IMO, a better feel and flair to them.

thats what I felt when I originally built the first army but honestly after building an armored company and having used almost the identical weathering process I wanted the two forces to be more defined apart :)

spongebob103
30-03-2006, 06:20
WHAT the original I.W army was superb! Not bland at all... But this one is turning out to be as good, if not better! Great work!!!

cerealkiller195
31-03-2006, 15:06
awesome stuff, though after looking at one of the bassies i can't help but think "pink sock" ::shudders::

Scorpio
04-04-2006, 17:34
Thats A defiler body on a tank chasy...Looks kinda weird but everything else looks great!

-Scorpio

spevna
05-04-2006, 13:25
I like the modelling but I would suggest a more gradual build up in the shading on the fleshy parts. The jump from red gorey parts to the flesh itself is a little to sudden.

Aside from that I think it gets across exactly the idea of chaos you are trying to create.

pyramid_head
05-04-2006, 13:27
I like the modelling but I would suggest a more gradual build up in the shading on the fleshy parts. The jump from red gorey parts to the flesh itself is a little to sudden.

Aside from that I think it gets across exactly the idea of chaos you are trying to create.

if you want I can post the picture of my chemical burned finger to show how flesh can jump from red to normal in a very small space :P

ExoCowboy
05-04-2006, 14:12
that is one sick looking warmachine. I think it looked really good before, but now it looks even better. Great job! :cool:

BodhiTree
05-04-2006, 15:07
That made my stomach turn just looking at it. :eek:

Inquisitor Konig
06-04-2006, 21:46
if you want I can post the picture of my chemical burned finger to show how flesh can jump from red to normal in a very small space :P

yeah, i wanna see that! last night i touched the coil on the inside of my stove trying to make a midnight snack, ouch! maybe we can swap horrible flesh wounds, im always looking for insperation for my nurgal army...
p.s. i dont care what anyone else says, that defiler if ******* wicked. my only questions are; why did you arm it with a las-cannon and how much putty do you go through in a year? that stuff is expensive!

pyramid_head
07-04-2006, 04:07
yeah, i wanna see that! last night i touched the coil on the inside of my stove trying to make a midnight snack, ouch! maybe we can swap horrible flesh wounds, im always looking for insperation for my nurgal army...
p.s. i dont care what anyone else says, that defiler if ******* wicked. my only questions are; why did you arm it with a las-cannon and how much putty do you go through in a year? that stuff is expensive!

its healed up now so my arguement is mooted :(

My LATD army doesnt have much anti tank so if I can slip in a couple lascannons all the better. Not too much putty I've just been splurgin lately.

Red Skullz
07-04-2006, 18:59
Never seen a IW army that is not metal-daemonic possessed. Makes for a cool style when you have the very industrial looking paintjob and the splodgy-disgusting mutations covering parts of them.

Keep it up pal, I wanna see more :D

spevna
08-04-2006, 16:45
I`ll see your chemical burn and raise you some atheletes foot!! (I tried to cut it off myself. Quite painful and rather raw looking now.)

crandall87
08-04-2006, 17:10
I like the assault marine looking raptor but don't really know where it would fit into a IW army.

Rabid Bunny 666
08-04-2006, 21:28
its a fallen Raven Guard, in one of the Iron Warrio books, Dead sun Rsiing i think ( only read storm of iron)

pyramid_head
09-04-2006, 04:23
I`ll see your chemical burn and raise you some atheletes foot!! (I tried to cut it off myself. Quite painful and rather raw looking now.)

The obliterator virus was no machination of peturabo, it was an outbreak of tinea mutated by the warp!

I've now got a set date for the army, the 10th, so I have to power through this project fast. I won't have my digi cam for a week or so because my girlfriend wats it to uh take some photos so uh yea heh.

spevna
09-04-2006, 05:43
Look forward to seeing the finished army. I`m sure it will be disgusting (in a good way of course!!).

pyramid_head
09-04-2006, 16:49
just finished production lining 20 traitor guardsmen, 15 more to go ugh ugh but I'm motivated so hey

Rabid Bunny 666
09-04-2006, 18:25
I won't have my digi cam for a week or so because my girlfriend wats it to uh take some photos so uh yea heh.

hmm, most intruiguing....

Deacis
09-04-2006, 21:48
Very impressive, that's some really nice painting man!!

Btw the raptor champ looks great, very nice contrasting if you ask me... Though I would have to see the rest of the squad to see if they fit in with pinkish theme of your army ;)

Keep it up!

tagsta
09-04-2006, 22:44
a very nice defiler conversion.
I think the lower body still needs more details!

pyramid_head
10-04-2006, 06:34
hmm, most intruiguing....

Depolyment can get lonely man ;)

pyramid_head
12-04-2006, 07:14
Just finished the last of my traitors (25 production line kill me) Pretty basic scheme but I kept it neat so hey. Black armor + marine style color fatigues dark brown, tan brown and babyshit green, I'll get some pics sunday. Only one champ and the hellhound left to do and my 1.5k list will be up and running.

pyramid_head
12-04-2006, 16:23
Okay army is finished check OP for the new pics its now on ebay for those interested

http://search.ebay.com/_W0QQsassZla1n74QQhtZ-1