PDA

View Full Version : HW+SHield Tz Warriors

Gonzoyola
15-04-2011, 00:46
So whats the deal with these? Ive heard them flaunted as a pretty rock hard unit, but what makes it so? Does the Ws from Parry stack with their MoTz? If so is that the case with all ward saves? i.e. Armour of Destiny + hw+Shield give a 3+ Ward?

Btw I do understand its close combat only

TheKingInYellow
15-04-2011, 00:55
The mark gives a 6+ ward or enhances a ward by one if you have it already. Since parry is a ward save in 8th it stacks.

So they are a S4, T4, 2 attack, 3+, 5++ combat monster in CC, all from your core points.

Gonzoyola
15-04-2011, 01:02
Alright, thanks for the quick response. I thought there was some specific thing for WoC that made that possibly but im not too familiar with them

TheKingInYellow
15-04-2011, 01:11
Alright, thanks for the quick response. I thought there was some specific thing for WoC that made that possibly but im not too familiar with them

Yup, the mark of tzeentch. I play WoC and its a brutal unit.

Had 18 of them with an Exalted Hero chew up and spit out an HPA and Doomwheel in the same round. Oh and the Doomwheel charged. Only lost 8 warriors.

EDMM
15-04-2011, 23:12
Gonzoyola,

To clarify, normal ward saves (including the parry ward save) do NOT stack.

The Mark of Tzeentch is not a normal ward save, and explicitly stacks with other normal ward saves.

So if you had the Mark of Tzeentch and a hand weapon and shield, you get a ward save of 5+ to the front, and 6+ to the sides and rear.

If you had the Mark of Tzeentch and the Armour of Destiny, you get a 3+ ward save.

Harwammer
16-04-2011, 07:43
Ward saves don't normally stack. It's just models with Mark or Tzeentch get a 6++ OR a +1 modifier to their ward save*.

This modifier means a roll of 5 or 6 is enough to pass the 6++ parry (5+1=6). There is no reason to think the parry save stacks with any other ward save.

*magic resistance is the only other way I can think of to receive a modifier to a ward save but even that is situational.

T10
16-04-2011, 17:12
Though ward saves are rarely modified, they can be. Before you get worried about 1+ ward saves, note that even ward saves fail on the roll of "1".

-T10