PDA

View Full Version : Chaos Sorcerer & Banner of Rage

dragonbreath
16-04-2011, 07:54
Here is a question for rules experts - can a Chaos Sorcerer unmarked join a Nurgle unit flying the Banner of Rage? is he able to cast - seems there was a rule about this...:confused:

Rosstifer
16-04-2011, 08:16
Why wouldn't he be able to? He'd just get frenzy like the unit.

GodlessM
16-04-2011, 13:17
Yea Rosstifer has it nailed down; don't see the rules qualm here.

theunwantedbeing
16-04-2011, 14:40
Here is a question for rules experts - can a Chaos Sorcerer unmarked join a Nurgle unit flying the Banner of Rage? is he able to cast - seems there was a rule about this...:confused:

Explain what you think the rule is.

dragonbreath
16-04-2011, 16:25
Just getting started under 8th ed but brain stuck in 7th ed = wasn't there something about sorc not joining Khorne unit or frenzied sorc can't cast = forgive the senior moment...

GodlessM
16-04-2011, 17:28
Nope, nothing like that in 7th edition either, unless you are thinking back to the Hordes of Chaos book which disallowed certain combos that mixed marks.

T10
16-04-2011, 19:17
Seems to me at a simple way to resolve this is that the unit loses their Frenzy while in contact with the banner, but regains Frenzy if they move out of contact.

Gunnerpig5
16-04-2011, 20:31
Seems to me at a simple way to resolve this is that the unit loses their Frenzy while in contact with the banner, but regains Frenzy if they move out of contact.

Wrong thread? I assume you're refering to Standard of Balance vs, Banner of Rage, but this is a different thread aha

Havock
18-04-2011, 19:25
Nope, nothing like that in 7th edition either, unless you are thinking back to the Hordes of Chaos book which disallowed certain combos that mixed marks.

Even so, unmarked was always ok I believe :)

AMWOOD co
20-04-2011, 09:54
Even so, unmarked was always ok I believe :)

Marauders were unmarked back then, but Warriors and characters had the Mark of Chaos Undivided, so you couldn't put a Undivided Sorceror in a Nurgle unit back then (and the Nurgle Unit couldn't take the Khorne Only - Banner of Rage back then either, why on earth did they change that?!).

theunwantedbeing
20-04-2011, 10:45
Marauders were unmarked back then, but Warriors and characters had the Mark of Chaos Undivided, so you couldn't put a Undivided Sorceror in a Nurgle unit back then (and the Nurgle Unit couldn't take the Khorne Only - Banner of Rage back then either, why on earth did they change that?!).

X only items still exist in the Orc&goblin book.
(infact half of them are!)
Seems they were just going through a phase of not wanting any of them when the WoC book got printed.