PDA

View Full Version : Moulder Themed Skaven List! - No Clanrats or Slaves :O

spikedog
16-04-2011, 19:46
Hi all,

Just looking for a little feedback on a Moulder themed Skaven list. I play mainly for fun but like to be able to hold my own in a fight so any tips or tweaks you may have please share!

Lords: 11.3%

Throt the Unclean

Core: 71.7%

Giant Rats (50)
Packmasters (10)
Skweel (1)

Giant Rats (25)
Packmasters (5)

Giant Rats (25)
Packmasters (5)

Rat Swarm (10)

Rat Ogres (12)
Packmasters (6)

Rat Ogres (2)
Packmaster (1)

Special: 4.4%

Rat Ogres (2)
Packmaster (1)

Rare: 12.6%

Hell Pit Abomination (1)

Total Points: 1989

Iraf
16-04-2011, 19:50
Unfortuately Rat Ogres are special, and giant rats don't go towards core point choices. I believe you technically have 0% in core choices with this army list.

spikedog
16-04-2011, 19:59
Unfortuately Rat Ogres are special, and giant rats don't go towards core point choices. I believe you technically have 0% in core choices with this army list.

Thanks for the comment however this is not true, if you read Throt's entry in the army list you will see he makes Giant Rats count towards the min core and makes 2 units of Rat Ogres core as well.

Razuli
16-04-2011, 20:00
Throt lets you take Rogres count as Core, so yes he should be good in that regard

I'm not sold on the two small units of Rogres though, I don't think they will be very affective since a single casualty will drastically reduce their effectivness. Also, small MSU sized Grat untis can die down (and destroy if you are lucky) warmachines, and don;t cost many points at all. If you find points for them, I'd reccomend you add a few. They also can delay when you drop your important units.

Iraf
16-04-2011, 20:30
My bad, my eye skimmed over Throt. I tend to do that, forgetting that special characters are "special"

spikedog
16-04-2011, 20:43
Some good points there Razuli, I used to use a couple of small units of Giant Rats in 7th but to be honest they never seemed to work for me, maybe I should try them again.

The reasons I was curious about the small Rogre units was they are hard enough for the enemy to have to deal with but not so expensive, I guess it depends who I am facing though as a small unit of archers or crossbows could seriously dent their hitting power as you say.

Iraf, no worries. I had to check the book again after you posted because I make the same mistakes sometimes. :)

thesheriff
16-04-2011, 21:09
I think that with rat ogres 12 is too many, 2 is too few. 2 unist of 6 should be fine.

There is a severe lack of a second hellpit :p

A bonebreaker warlord woudl be nice, if you can find the points, or in bigger games.

I would make the giant rats one unit of 70 (10x7) and drop the rest. Keep skweel.

Try the swarms as 2x5 aswell as 1x10 for flavour. I persoinally would go with 2x5.

thesheriff