PDA

View Full Version : 2500 Orc and Goblin (mostly goblin) list up for review.

Thaddius
17-04-2011, 04:55
This list is kinda based on points denial, kinda. The main idea of this army is to get units locked into combat with my huge units of night goblins and then have squigs/pump wagons/black orcs hit them in the flank to break them. My army list is as follows.

Black Orc Warboss
Shield
Sword of Strife
Armour of Destiny
Potion of Speed

Night Goblin Great Shaman
Crown of Command

Night Goblin Great Shaman
Feedback Scroll

Night Goblin Big Boss, BSB
Talisman of Preservation
Ironcurse Icon

Night Goblin Mob 80
Full Command
Netters
Fanatics x2

Night Goblin Mob 80
Full Command
Netters
Fanatics x2

Squig Herd
20 Squigs Herd
7 Night Goblins

Squig Herd
20 Squigs Herd
7 Night Goblins

Mangler Squig

Mangler Squig

Black Orcs
Full Command
Banner of Eternal Flame, 10 pts

Pump Wagon
Spiky Roller, Out-rigga

Pump Wagon
Spiky Roller, Out-rigga

My ideal setup would be something like this.

[PW][Squigs] [NG Horde] [Black Orcs] [NG Horde] [Squigs][PW]

I know I'm not always going to have the room to set up like this but, like I said it's my ideal setup. I'm not worried about panic so much on my goblin units since they would have to take such huge losses during magic or shooting for that to happen. That and the fact that they will almost always be in the general's "bubble", so it shouldn't be a problem. And I didn't take any shooting as it would take away form valuable charging time. Thanks for the input.

Jind_Singh
17-04-2011, 06:35
That's a nasty little army with a great theme! I like it!

Only real thing it lacks is some juicy target that cries to be shot at - instead you'll find the poor rare choices shot to bits before the game gets underway for them - nothing to protect them.

2 single spear chukkas also mean a world of differnece - they don't slow you down but they do add valubale high strength shooting that is otherwise denined you

Not so sure about 2 NG shaman lords - level 4 and level 2 is plenty, plus it frees up valuble points, I'd rather get the chukkas!

Also out-riggas are great but rolling 4D6 means sooner or later they will run amok in your own lines - plus they add a hefty 30pts onto the list - and as I mentioned earlier you only have 4 distraction units which will get shot up ASAP - the pump wagons and the manglers - so I doubt they live to see much action anyway, even going an extra D6" per turn.

Instead I'd use those points to get a 3rd chukka - 3 chukkas is deadly - aim them all at the same target per turn and hope to make it go away! Use them to pick on enemy artillary, monsters, etc

Also allows you to play a more patient game from time to time in cases were your backs to the wall and you can't advance for whatever reasons - i'm an aggressive player myself but sometimes you need to slow down!

Thaddius
17-04-2011, 09:40
Heh, as soon as you said it I saw it. It hadn't occurred to me that chances are they will just shoot my manglers and pump wagons to death. Since the likelihood of them causing any panic tests to my other units is slim to none why wouldn't they pick on my poor rares? Though I still think the out-riggas on both pump wagons is well worth the points. Just for the fact that they could (and I stress that word) be speedy at times. In a pinch I would much rather be able to throw 4D6 as opposed to 2D6. However, as per your suggestion, I've made a few changes.

Black Orc Warboss
Shield
Sword of Strife
Armour of Destiny
Potion of Speed

Night Goblin Great Shaman Level 4
Crown of Command
Feedback Scroll

Night Goblin Shaman Level 2
Dispel Scroll

Night Goblin Big Boss, BSB
Talisman of Preservation
Ironcurse Icon

Night Goblin Mob 80
Full Command
Netters
Fanatics x2

Night Goblin Mob 80
Full Command
Netters
Fanatics x2

Squig Herd
18 Squigs Herd
7 Night Goblins

Squig Herd
18 Squigs Herd
7 Night Goblins

Mangler Squig

Mangler Squig

Black Orcs 28
Full Command
Banner of Eternal Flame, 10 pts

Pump Wagon
Spiky Roller, Out-rigga

Pump Wagon
Spiky Roller, Out-rigga

Spear Chukka x 3

With everyone running some type of super beast these days shooting does almost seem like a necessity. I almost want to take rock lobbas just because they would pack more punch, but meh. Just because it's better doesn't mean I have to take it =P