PDA

View Full Version : 2500 highelves ,no teclis!

drear
17-04-2011, 13:34
so i brought my high elves out of their box to display yestuirday and i was gripped with an urge to expand then and play again with elves, whilst i paint up my orcs and gobbos.

so heres a list i wrote up, using what i have and 100 budget for expansion.

lord:

archmage - lvl4, annulian crystal, gardian pheonix,ironcurse icon

heroes:

noble - bsb, armour of caldor, dawnstone, great weapon.

mage- lvl2 silverwand, dispell scroll.

core:

38 spearmen - full command, banner of discipline

20 archers- muscician,champion

special:

30 white lions - banner of sorcery, full command
tironic chariot
tironic chariot
lion chariot

5 shadow warriors

rare:

great eagle
great eagle

repeater bolt thrower
repeater bolt thrower

thoughts?
i might drop 1 eagle and make the lion chariot another tironic chariot, and spend the points on maybe beefing up the white lions some more?

i realise i basically have just 2 units on the board that will engage in combat , should i make the spears two units of 20 or just lower the white lions down abit and have swordmasters/pheonix guard?

some advice would help ^^

calnen
17-04-2011, 15:10
What lores are the mages taking? That affects playstyle quite a bit.

I'd drop the bolt throwers. I just don't think they'll ever earn their points back.
Keep the Eagles. They're a bargain!
If you have points available in special, add swordmasters. I think 30 white lions is plenty to present a scary target, but as you say, I think you need another combat block on the table.

drear
17-04-2011, 15:22
ill be using life lvl4 and shadow/beasts on the lvl 2 , i only really want the shadow or beasts signiture + anything else useful, and smoke and mirrors is always helpful.

if i take out the bolt throwers i can fit a unit of 10 swordmasters in with a musician, nice and small for flanking and defending the flanks.

Skaven-1989
17-04-2011, 15:36
my experience of bolt throwers is they tend not to do too much. been a while since i played elves but i do think combat wise even that small swordmaster unit would make a difference

Sqallum
17-04-2011, 16:29
I agree with above posts - could you give your mage Book of Heoth - sacrifice survability for offensivenis. Your choice I suppose... :eyebrows:
Sqallum :skull:

Griplock
20-04-2011, 15:10
I agree with above posts - could you give your mage Book of Heoth - sacrifice survability for offensivenis. Your choice I suppose... :eyebrows:
Sqallum :skull:

Book of hoeth would defeat the point of having the lvl 2. Most lvl 4 spells will be irrisitable leaving all dispel dice for the lvl 2. Go for lots of spells - making your opponent to have some hard thinking to do in your magic phase.

Drop the shodow warriors.

Champ in the archers is pointless.