PDA

View Full Version : Clearing up a few rules.

Kalandros
17-04-2011, 21:08
1) I refuse a challenge, BSB is sent to the back.
Magic banner or Magic Items and 'Stand your Ground' (BSB reroll) still work, right?

1a) BSB in question is 20mm in 25mm unit horde. Can he be sent to the other side of the unit that has no enemy in contact? Since he can only be on the left or the right side of the unit~ Or is he forced to accept the challenge?

2) An oldie but one I need to clarify: Mark of Khorne gives Frenzy to the unit "Chaos Knights" - are all parts of the model Frenzied, thus 2A for the horses? We had this problem come up between 2 players in the 'Ard Boyz yesterday - I'm the "rules guy" for 8th edition in my area but I couldn't decide either way because its somewhat a very grey area. D:

GodlessM
17-04-2011, 21:24
1) As far as I could see, the rule disallowing you from benefitting in this case was not carried over from 7th edition, so yes.

1a) You don't necessarily move the model to the back, just to a place where he can't fight, so you can move him to the other side of the unit.

2) This debate seems to rage a lot with the camp being clearly divided and usually the WAAC players saying the mark effects the horses too, however I definitely don't think it does and have never given my Khorne horses an extra attack.

kramplarv
17-04-2011, 21:32
2) For me I think it really gives the horses 2A. =) So I suggest you and your opponent agree beforehand what effect the mark will have.

Kalandros
17-04-2011, 21:50
2) This debate seems to rage a lot with the camp being clearly divided and usually the WAAC players saying the mark effects the horses too, however I definitely don't think it does and have never given my Khorne horses an extra attack.

We had 2 WoC players with Khorne Knights each - one was saying they didn't, one was saying they did. It was a rather unsuaul situation but I guess you are correct in your assessment! (:

Thanks for the answers.

Yrrdead
18-04-2011, 08:59
2) I don't believe that there is a concrete answer out there. Though I personally (and my group's WoC players) play it as the horses don't gain frenzy from MoK. Banner of Rage is a different story of course.

Doesn't help really but cheers anyhow.

theunwantedbeing
18-04-2011, 13:29
1) I refuse a challenge, BSB is sent to the back.
Magic banner or Magic Items and 'Stand your Ground' (BSB reroll) still work, right?
Yup, GW decided to omit/forget to include that bit of the rule.

1a) BSB in question is 20mm in 25mm unit horde. Can he be sent to the other side of the unit that has no enemy in contact? Since he can only be on the left or the right side of the unit~ Or is he forced to accept the challenge?
He can only "hide" at either side of the unit.

2) An oldie but one I need to clarify: Mark of Khorne gives Frenzy to the unit "Chaos Knights" - are all parts of the model Frenzied, thus 2A for the horses? We had this problem come up between 2 players in the 'Ard Boyz yesterday - I'm the "rules guy" for 8th edition in my area but I couldn't decide either way because its somewhat a very grey area. D:
The mark of khorne is given to the unit, not the riders specifically.
So, as such there's nothing stopping the steeds getting frenzy as well.
Seems wrong to play this way though, even if you were allowed to through all of 7th edition.

That said,
I don't belive the general's leadership should apply to steadfast when he's not in that unit,
I don't belive the bsb should allow fear/terror tests to be re-rolled,
I think insta-kill spells should instead only deal a single wound,
I think my dark elves should get hatred on their mount's back,
I think the ring of hotek needs putting back to what it was in 7th,
I think the Throne of Vines needs to only work once,
I think the HE Speed of Asuryan should lose the "regardless" bit at the very least,
Cannons should only do one hit rather than hitting as templates,
etc etc....

I don't play as such though. Unless of course an opponent wishes it to be played like that as well.