PDA

View Full Version : WOC 'ard Boys Cheese help

Appophis
18-04-2011, 01:36
So guys, I made it to the second round of 'ard boys with a fair amount luck and nothing to cheese-tastic in my army ...

Apparently everyone in the second round will have some kind of shannagins (however you spell that) list (like hydra or hell pit spam) so I was wondering if anyone knew anything like that for WoC?

GodlessM
18-04-2011, 01:37
40+ Chosen Deathstar. Boring and *******, but it is what you asked for.

Rosstifer
18-04-2011, 01:40
Add 2-3 Hellcannons 2-3 Warshrines and your set.

Appophis
18-04-2011, 01:51
Yeah I realize that I'm asking for dick moves, but after having to fight off 4 hell pits in one list ... I feel like being a dick to something :p

Dux
18-04-2011, 09:58
big block of Chosen, FotG, that terror standard, halberds, MoT
That gives you only three possible results after the first roll-> +1A, +1S or 3+ ward/stubborn
+hellcannon(s) really nasty things
+warshrine(s) to get that 3+ for sure
lvl4
bsb

not sure whether warriors or marauders would be better.

psycho7384
18-04-2011, 15:57
big block of Chosen, FotG, that terror standard, halberds, MoT
That gives you only three possible results after the first roll-> +1A, +1S or 3+ ward/stubborn

I'm sorry maybe I'm missing something, but why only these 3 possible? I count 7.

GodlessM
18-04-2011, 15:59
Yeah I realize that I'm asking for dick moves, but after having to fight off 4 hell pits in one list ... I feel like being a dick to something :p

Sorry but what points value is this?

I'm sorry maybe I'm missing something, but why only these 3 possible? I count 7.

Then you miscount. 2's and 7's can be re-rolled during the start of game roll. 10 has to be re-rolled over the banner. Because you can move your result to force a re-roll this also includes 3, 6, 8, and 9 (we don't count 11 and 12 because that's what you want). So you are only stuck with 4 or 5.

Appophis
18-04-2011, 16:10
Sorry but what points value is this?

'ard Boys for fantasy is 3k

Esco Thomson
18-04-2011, 18:11
'ard Boys for fantasy is 3k

I think he was more eluding to the fact that you can only fit in 3 HPA at Ardboyz.

3 naked is just past the 700 mark, and you are capped at 750, so if you fought 4 in the same list, your opponent was a dirty cheater.

Appophis
18-04-2011, 18:35
Ah, I see, it was 3, and then a list with 2, my bad on the typo :p
Still 3 or 4 it's still a horrid thing to fight

Morkash
18-04-2011, 18:47
That's why you use 40 Chosen supported by a few 50 blocks of Khorne GW Marauders, a Warshrine, 3 Hellcannons and a Disc Sorc Lord with Third Eye.

Edit: A rough list(Build in one minute, does not take up very much to build a ******* list):

Sorcerer Lord of Tzeentch on Disc of Tzeentch, Third Eye of Tzeentch, Bloodcurdling Roar, Enchanted Shield, Biting Blade, Talisman of Preservation, Infernal Puppet - 455 Pts. [Level 4, Lore of Tzeentch]

50 Chaos Marauders, Mark of Khorne, GW, M, S, C - 300 Pts.
50 Chaos Marauders, Mark of Khorne, GW, M, S - 292 Pts.
50 Chaos Marauders, Mark of Khorne, GW, M, S - 292 Pts.
5 Chaos Warhounds - 30 Pts.

40 Chosen, Mark of Tzeentch, Halberds, M, S, C, Favour of the Gods, Wailing Banner - 885 Pts.

Hellcannon - 205 Pts.
Hellcannon - 205 Pts.
Hellcannon - 205 Pts.
Chaos Warshrine - 130 Pts.

Total: 2999

Maybe not optimal, but ******* enough to taunt people into throwing metal monsters after you.

Quinn
18-04-2011, 21:38
I made it to the second round also with my WoC list. I'm still analyzing the scenarios in the semi-finals and I think you need to do the same before you write a list. I personally did not run any Hellcannons this year and after reading the first scenario I doubt I will in the 2nd round either. Giving up 8 Killpoints (is this 40K or fantasy?) per Hellcannon is brutal. The wrong Misfire results or a Purple sun will give up a lot of points... Miscasting on a One every time you cast a spell is pretty bad too, the Puppet is definitely staying in my list.

In the second scenario, a big unit of Chosen or Khorne Marauders is probably your best bet at capturing the 'Crazed Fanatic' and actually holding on to him for the rest of the Game. I personally hate 'Dawn Attack' as a scenario, but the only build implications are getting too many big units stuck in a corner and being blasted to death. I think this one affects other armies more than ours.

The third scenario 'Blood and Glory' either requires a lot of standards or units that don't give them up easily..we rarely have a lot of units so making sure you don't break will be critical here.

Right now I know I'm going to keep my Chosen, Lvl 4 and BSB, Khorne Marauder Horde, 2 Warshrines and probably 2 units of Warriors and fill in the rest after I figure out these scenarios a bit more.

Dante blackfur
19-04-2011, 06:43

Yeah you auto won this match since it as ILLEGAL!!!!!!! you can only field 1 for every 1k, so Ard Boyz was 3k, 3 HPA's MAX!!!!

GodlessM
19-04-2011, 13:29
Yeah you auto won this match since it as ILLEGAL!!!!!!! you can only field 1 for every 1k, so Ard Boyz was 3k, 3 HPA's MAX!!!!

He already CORRECTED!!!!!!! himself that it was 3!!!!

;)