PDA

View Full Version : 3k Skaven vs. Vampires

w3rm
18-04-2011, 01:02
So after ard boyz my freind and I decided to have sort of a rematch, since we didn't get to play each other. I played Skaven and he played Vamps

my list

Grey Seer w/ Power Scroll, Extra Token, Skalm, Opal Amulet
Warlord w/ Wizard Hat, Shield

Cheiftain w/ BSB, Shield, Stombanner
Plague Priest w/ Furnace, Flail, Dispel Scroll, Potion of Strength
Warlock Engineer w/ Pistol, Doomrocket
Warlock Engineer w/ Pistol, Brass Orb

40 Clanrats w/ Full Command, Sheilds, Warpfire Thrower x2
50 Slaves w/ Sheilds, Musician x4

35 Plague Monks w/ Full Command, Plague Banner

Hellpit Abomination w/ Spikes x2

His list (roughly)

Mannfred w/ Skull Staff, Book of Arkhan

Vampire w/ Master of Death
Necro on cart w/ Feedback, Nehek
Necro on Cart w/ Hex Scroll, Nehek

40 Skeletons
30 Ghouls

30 Grave Gaurd

Vharghulf
Black Coach
5 Blood Knights

Deployment- Slaves, Clanrats with Warlord, Plague Monks w/ Preist, Slaves w/ brass orb engineer, Clanrats w/ bsb, Seer, Slaves w/ doomrocket engineer, HPA, Slaves, HPA

Both carts, skeletons, vharghulf, ghouls with vamp, grave gaurd w/ mannfred, Konrad, Blood Knights, Coach

We decided to play the Blood Soaked Choppa scenario. My Choppa was the Plague Monks, his the Grave Gaurd.

My Warlod got life: Earthblood, Flesh to stone
My seer got, skitterleap, wither, vermintide, cloud of corruption
Preist got Plague and Bless with filth.

He got the first turn.

Vampire Turn 1- He shuffles up a bit and Konrad fails stupidity. Summon Undead horde is failed and he rolls double ones for Speed of Light. He attempts to cast Vanhels on his Grave Gaurd but I dispell it.

Skaven 1- The Hellpit goes berzerk and runs into my gre seer unit. The Second one charges the Grave Gaurd. I get 4 power dice and attempt to cast flesh to stone on the Monks but I fail. Bless With Filth on the plague monks is dispelled. A great shot with my doomrocket kills 25 ghouls! :o. The Hellpit kills 8 grave gaurd and takes 4 wounds in return. He loses by two and the crumble.

Vampire Turn 2- The Bloodknights flank charge the hellpit but they charge through a crater and take a wound due to Dangerous terrain. The Vhargulf charges a Warpfire Thrower. 3 power dice generated and he channels 2 I get 1. HE rolls 1,1,2 for purple sun. He neheks back 4 ghouls and I dispell the second nehek. Feed on the Hellpit kils 2 Blood Knights and the Bloodknights kill the hellpit. Vhargulf kills the Warpfire Thrower.

Skaven 2- The Monks charge the ghouls. Slaves charge the grave gaurd. THe Hellpit charges the vhargulf. Other slaves charge the Blood Knights. I roll 10 power dice. I cast wither on the grave gaurd. Detonation kills the champ and two clanrats from miscast. I loose another 6 power dice. The ghouls kill Plague monks and all the ghouls die. The Vampire crumbles and I reform to face the grave gaurds flank. The HPA doesnt scratch the chargulf and it does a wound to my beastie. THe slaves kill a Grave Gaurd and some slaves Die. I hold and the Bloodknights crumble.

Vampire 3- Skellies charge slaves and they fail fear. Both charts flank the same slave unit. He gets 5 power dice and summons up 15 zombies to hold up the plague monks for another turn. He gets back 1 Grave Gaurd with Nehek. The carts give the skellies ASF. The Hellpit does 1 wound on the Vhargulf. Slaves break and kill both carts, 1 necromancer, 5 skellies and the last warpfire thrower.

Skaven 3- The Monks charge the zombies. Clanrats angle a bit to face the incoming skeletons. I cast wither again on grave gaurd but its is dispelled. I cast Plague on the grave gaurd which kills 12 of them. The Plague monks kill 16 zombies and the rest crumble. The Hellpit does 2 wounds on the Vhargulf and it is killed.

Vamps 4- Konrad charges slaves. Skeletons double charge the slaves and clanrats on the left flank with my warlord. I dispell scroll a purple sun from mannfred. Konrad kills 3 slaves and I hold. THe slaves skellies and clanrats draw combat.

Skaven 4- 7 power dice. Earthblood on the clanrats is dispelled. I cast wither on the grave gaurd and it sucseeds. Yeah toughness 2 grave gaurd!!! Plague fails to go off. Slaves wound konrad. Slaves hold. The slaves kill 2 grave gaurd. A few skellies and a few clanrats and slaves die.

Vamps 5- I dispell a purple sun. Vlad looses control. He neheks 15 skellies with the necromancer on foot behind the skellies( I had no dd left and he rolled 3 4+s!) Konrad kills 9 slaves with red fury. 4 slaves die to skellies and I loose combat but hold.

Skaven 5- Plague Monks rear charge grave gaurd, or whats left of them. Wither on the skellies goes off. Plague on grave gaurd kills another 4. Furmes from the furnace kills the last of them and does a wound on Mannfred. Mannfred challenges the Bringer of the Word and mauls him with 5 wounds done. Manfred crumbles but thanks to the ring he pops up in the skeleton unit! Rats!

Vampire 6- The coach, who until this point had done absolutely nothing, flank the slaves that knorad is slashing up. I dispell the purple sun he tries to cast. He neheks 6 skeletons back and gets them all back with a last dice throw with the necromancer. Warlord cheerfully declines a challenge and hops to the back. The clanrats lash out and kill 7 skeletons. The skeltons kill 6 clanrats and 3 slaves. I think I lost but I dont remeber :p

Skaven 6- The Hellpit flanks the skellies. Wither on the skeletons goes off, but he dispells plague. 1 Slaves die, 1 clanrat dies and 6 skellies crumble. And thats game.

Results- Massacre for Skaven!

After Game Thoughts- Well that went fairly well. My doomrocket meant I didnt have to deal with any ghouls and I learned how nasty a Whither and Plague combo can be. I need to make some markers so that I remeber who I have withered! I dunno why he didnt use that cart at all and he forgot about a lot of Mannfreds really nasty abilities, so it could have been a lot different. Well Thanks for reading!

Sqallum
18-04-2011, 10:53
The brass orb is just stupid - just kills pretty muich any monster; kholek, dragon, stegadon.. :mad: I'm guessing you won from your above battle reports though :shifty:
Sqallum

Malorian
18-04-2011, 14:14

No matter what the result you win because of this :D

I'm sure you won.

The vampire list is very thin for 3K and so unless the flaming banner or super poison ruin their day the hellpits are going to have a field day.

russellmoo
18-04-2011, 14:27
I agree, he will be lucky to get past your slaves- let alone kill anything else- as he is outnumbered by more than 3 to 1-

w3rm
18-04-2011, 15:28
I'll try and get my report up tonight.

Sqallum
18-04-2011, 19:12
Why does he win cos of the wizard hat? :confused:
Sqallum

Malorian
18-04-2011, 19:51
Why does he win cos of the wizard hat? :confused:

It's a little known rule on page 56 (third paragragh):

The player with the most awesome character scores an additional 2000 victory points. If this character has the wizard hat this is upgraded to an instant win. The opponent may bipass this by providing the beer for the game, at which point it reverts back to 2000 additional victory points.

Sqallum
18-04-2011, 19:54
? :confused:
Sqallum

Dante blackfur
18-04-2011, 19:59

No matter what the result you win because of this

ROFLMFAO!!!!!!!!!!! :D That is the best quote in a long Time!

w3rm
18-04-2011, 23:51
Report is up!

Heeheeehee thats a good un.

I think the hat is actually tactically viable for those who cant normally get acsess to BRB spells. IE Skaven, Orcs and I'm sure im forgetting someone as well...

Malorian
19-04-2011, 01:03
Just a note that a double 1 doesn't = an auto fail any more.

Went like I thought. Those were great spells for the wizard hat :)

The wizard hat can be great for those that can't get regular spells, but it's still a rare 100 point item that makes you smile either time you see it.

Please tell me you modelled it :D

w3rm
19-04-2011, 01:57
Yes its an old monkey rat with a horse tail on a spearpole and a paper wizard hat. When I paint him hes gonna have a blue hat with moons and stars on it. The horsetail is his mop :D

SevenSins
19-04-2011, 08:38
Yes its an old monkey rat with a horse tail on a spearpole and a paper wizard hat. When I paint him hes gonna have a blue hat with moons and stars on it. The horsetail is his mop :D
sounds good :)

nice stuff, even if not a surprising result.

Sqallum
19-04-2011, 17:33
I still don't understand... p56 BRB says about restrain/pursue, skaven book mentions.... something I can't remember. Please explain cos I'm stupid,
Sqallum :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused:

Malorian
19-04-2011, 17:36
I still don't understand... p56 BRB says about restrain/pursue, skaven book mentions.... something I can't remember. Please explain cos I'm stupid,
Sqallum :confused:

You are just not fluent in internet nerd speak ;)

Think of 'win' not as "I have 3 points and you have 2" and more as "Chuck Norris riding a t-rex while fighting off an army of ninja robots".

Sqallum
19-04-2011, 17:51
Ah, :o
Sqallum