PDA

View Full Version : Quick Q ?

Russian beast
18-04-2011, 11:59
I have recently started a guard army and for my veterns i was wondering if i could use a box of jungle fighter and cadians and swap pieces round would that look alright or would it look out of place

Thanks

-RUSSIAN-

Colonel Kolm
18-04-2011, 14:53
id say go for it. it might look a tad strange so id do a test model first but i cant see why it shouldnt be possible

ehlijen
18-04-2011, 15:07
There are actually a few conversions just like that in the current guard codex. Basically, they didn't make the bits interchangable by accident...

sigur
18-04-2011, 15:08
Nope, should work fine. I didn't swap between the catachan and cadian kits much apart from some heads or arms but in general they fit together very well, especially the newer ones like heavy weapons teams and command squads.

The only thing you should be careful about is legs and torsi as the Cadian ones got the belts sculpted onto the torso while the catachans got the belts sculpted onto the leg bits. Apart from that, you should be fine.

@Colonel Kolm: Please use proper English (including capital letters, punctuation and apostrophes) when posting on Warseer. ;) Makes your posts much easier to read, especially for people who don't have English for their first language.

Jim
18-04-2011, 15:12
I have recently started a guard army and for my veterns i was wondering if i could use a box of jungle fighter and cadians and swap pieces round would that look alright or would it look out of place

Thanks

-RUSSIAN-

Well betweeen this and the Empire army you're thinking about starting you should be pretty busy!

In answer to your question, I think it would look fine and help your Vets 'Stand out from the Crowd' which they should do!

You should start a log in the WH40K painting forum so you can get some help and advice from people who may have done something similar already and offer you some guidance on how to get the best possible results.

Jim

Perfect Organism
18-04-2011, 16:31
Personally, I don't really like the results of combining the two kits. Catachans tend to be bulkier than Cadians, so the heads and arms look a little too big and the torsos simply don't fit onto the legs, due to the split being in a different place.

The command squad Catachans look a little bit slimmer and better sculpted, so they might be an option.