PDA

View Full Version : Swift Lizardmen army

Tokamak
18-04-2011, 14:19
A friend wants to get back in to the hobby with a fast lizardmen army. IE lots of cold ones, terradons and he really wants a carnosaur.

Now in the 8th edition, does such an army have any viabillity at all, and if so, what would be a good sample list?

thesheriff
18-04-2011, 14:36
There is no way to make a Slaan fly.

So no.

IMO, that is.

Thesheriff

GodlessM
18-04-2011, 15:02
There is no way to make a Slaan fly.

So no.

IMO, that is.

Thesheriff

Have no Temple Guard in the list and take Shadow lore.

thesheriff
18-04-2011, 19:28
Have no Temple Guard in the list and take Shadow lore.

I do that with my skink army. But pit of shades, Dwellers, Purple sun, Pendulum, Cracks call, Thirteenth ruin him. I take Ethereal, MR3, and the Plaque of 2++ against shooting, but he still manages to die to a variety of magic missiles, bow fire and other assorted nusances. Thats also, once you factor in Lore master and Extra dice per casting, makes him over 500pts.

Also, you can dispel steed of shadows. Which might put him out the game for long periods of time.

You could try the follwoing charecter setup;

*Old Blood, Sword of Swift slaying, Ironcurse icon, Talismain of Preservation, Dragon helm, Light armour, shield, Carnosaur.
*Skink Chief, dispel scroll, Claok of feathers.

Give you a lv.2 for dispel, and a scroll and he can keep up. Although, if the enemy has any shooting or magic missiles, keep him well in cover. Hes there to dispel stuff, which he does not need LoS for.

And you get a combat monster in the form of an ASF Old blood with an amazing armour save and a 4+ ward.