PDA

View Full Version : Regen vs. Multi wounds.

Barry "the blade"
18-04-2011, 20:01
I thought I had read somewhere that when using regeneration against multiple wound hits that you rolled the number of wounds, then rolled your regen for each wound inflicted.

Now reading through the rules I could see it working that way, or simply as a ward save. So what's the correct way to resolve this?

Gaargod
18-04-2011, 20:03
Multiple Wounds are always applied after saves.

Regeneration works in place of a ward save.

So basically, you make one save - you pass it, no one cares (except your opponent, probably). You fail, then any multiple wound rolls are made and applied.

Dante blackfur
18-04-2011, 20:04
depends on the weapon, some say that each UNSAVED WOUND is multiplied, in which case you get one save whichi if you fail you take x wounds, but if its like a cannon, where it initially does d6 wounds you get a save against each wound inflicted.

Hope this made sense! :p

EDIT: Dang beat me to it :p

GodlessM
18-04-2011, 22:55
depends on the weapon, some say that each UNSAVED WOUND is multiplied, in which case you get one save whichi if you fail you take x wounds, but if its like a cannon, where it initially does d6 wounds you get a save against each wound inflicted.

Hope this made sense! :p

EDIT: Dang beat me to it :p

No you don't. If a cannon shoots your HPA for instance, it rolls to wound, then you roll regen., then he rolls to see how many wounds it does. In any case where the Multiple Wounds special rules is applied, this is how it is played.

Teongpeng
19-04-2011, 03:15
The way we played it....regen is applied AFTER multiple wounds, while ward saves are applied before wounds multiplier.

I dont know where we get that idea from though....just the way we've been playing. And we're probably wrong too.

Can someone please share how do they come to the right ruling, coz i would like to present it to my mates so we play it correctly the next time.

Kalandros
19-04-2011, 08:26
If its Multiple Wounds (d3/d6/whatever) then saves are taken BEFORE multiplication. So 1 hit, 1 save, THEN if failed, multiplies to D6.

For Multiple Hits like 2d6 S5 hits, you take a save for each wounding hit.

GodlessM
19-04-2011, 12:10
The way we played it....regen is applied AFTER multiple wounds, while ward saves are applied before wounds multiplier.

I dont know where we get that idea from though....just the way we've been playing. And we're probably wrong too.

Can someone please share how do they come to the right ruling, coz i would like to present it to my mates so we play it correctly the next time.

The way Kalandros, I, and Gaargod said it is the correct ruling.

theunwantedbeing
19-04-2011, 12:13
There was a rumour that regen would be after wound multiplication.
But thats all it was, a rumour as you take regen before wound multiplication.