PDA

View Full Version : Multiple Combats and Combat Results

szeszej
20-04-2011, 00:46
Just a short question:

If a unit fights to its front and flank do both of these combats get resolved together or separately so that the winner of the combat to the front is resolved and then the winner of the combat to the flank is resolved?

The wording in the RB is as always quite confusing.

Surgency
20-04-2011, 00:55
so, to add to that, just so I'm clear...

Stormvermin and Ghouls are in combat head to head. Plague monks flank the ghouls, and then Skeletons flank the monks. both sides get +1 CR for fighting on a flank? If the Skaven lose combat, how many LD checks are made?

Also, a bit unrelated but:

If I charge uphill, and end up fighting on top of the hill, does my opponent get +1 for high ground? The way I read it, you only get +1 if you start uphill, and move down...

szeszej
20-04-2011, 00:56
I'm sorry, I probably made it more confusing than it was at the beginning :), the question was only about the results of the combat, not the combat itself so

What I meant to ask is if the combat is resolved as one big combat or two separate combats?

szeszej
20-04-2011, 01:03
OK, lets take an example: a unit of black orcs in combat with skavenslaves is flanked by ratogres, the slaves get a pounding and 8 wounds, dealing none. The ratogres deal two wounds and take none.

Do I now combine the combats and all in all both of the skaven units are losing -4 (-6 difference in wounds, +2 flank charge) or maybe the skavenslaves lose at -8 and ratogres win at +4?

theunwantedbeing
20-04-2011, 01:20
Page 59 of the rulebook.
Multiple Close Combats

Covers it all clearly.

GodlessM
20-04-2011, 01:59
OK, lets take an example: a unit of black orcs in combat with skavenslaves is flanked by ratogres, the slaves get a pounding and 8 wounds, dealing none. The ratogres deal two wounds and take none.

Do I now combine the combats and all in all both of the skaven units are losing -4 (-6 difference in wounds, +2 flank charge) or maybe the skavenslaves lose at -8 and ratogres win at +4?

They aren't two different combats, they are one combat with more than two units fighting. This has been the case since 6th edition at least as far as I remember so not surehy you thought they were separate.

D'Haran
20-04-2011, 02:32
One combat as far as working out combat rez, each unit on the loosing side has to make a ld save on their ld as altered by the combat rez.

More than one commander can have a flank/rear bonus to combat rez in the same combat, assuming the combat has occurred over at least 2 combat phases.

szeszej
20-04-2011, 18:47
OK, thx I get it now. Probably the multiple combats treated separately was my wishful thinking only it seems. My poor slaves are going to need more support :(

mildaevilda
20-04-2011, 19:57
OK, thx I get it now. Probably the multiple combats treated separately was my wishful thinking only it seems. My poor slaves are going to need more support :(

Never join fight where there are your slaves involved, you'll almost surely lose. Only exception may be some hard attack that wipe the enemy out.