PDA

View Full Version : Best Lores for Empire Army

pick_me
20-04-2011, 16:24
I am having a couple battle wizards painted up and needed some help deciding which lore's I should do.

I have not played since 8th came out and do not have a set list.

I was thinking of doing 1 light and maybe a heaven or Life? I know bright(fire) wizards are always safe and useful.

So what 2 would you choose? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!!

Kaiserdean
20-04-2011, 16:27
Game wise, I find that Shadow, Life and Death are the most useful. However, I really like the idea of Metal.

SilasOfTheLambs
20-04-2011, 16:37
I'm running shadow atm, but I've also had a great deal of success with light. For one thing, that 12" bubble of war machine protection is incredibly valuable against template-heavy armies, and the signature is equally valuable against some things we otherwise have trouble with (hydras and hellpit aboms).

On a low-level wizard, I recommend lore of Beasts. The signature +1s and +1t is absolutely golden on state troops, moving them up into elite territory if you can get it to go.

GodlessM
20-04-2011, 16:42
Life and Shadow are probably the two best lores in the game, but Life is the one that suits the Empire more unless you run a combat heavy army that is meant to march forward instead o hanging back and blasting away like most Empire armies.

grimhorn
20-04-2011, 17:41
In my club we run 2500 point-games. I field two level two mages, one a lore of life and the other a firemage.
Lore of fire is useful against anything with regen or small units or lone characters, while lore of life is as stated superb for an empiregeneral. All of a sudden having troops with toughness 5 is really neat!

pick_me
20-04-2011, 17:51
Thanks for the responses. Kinda figured Life was one of them. I added a poll and might just pick the two most popular.

beerdrinker
20-04-2011, 17:56
Life my friend. Theres something to be said about T 7 halberdiers that can be brought back to life.

CaliforniaGamer
20-04-2011, 18:06
Shadow.

With an army of cheap low str troops, nothing says "Winning!" more than horde infantry with hatred who are suddenly str 9+.

Life is good (and my 2nd choice) but better reserved for high cost infantry armies like LM and DoC.

~this message is Charlie Sheen approved.

bluemage
20-04-2011, 18:43
Shadow and life are the two best lores for empire in my opinion. Some of the other lores are useful, but they aren't as competative in my opinion.

ironduke87
20-04-2011, 19:18
In line with this question, which lore has the best signature spell for helping troops survive, Beasts or Life? Is the +1 toughness more beneficial than regen?
Cheers in advance

Pulstar
20-04-2011, 19:39
Something can be said for Lore of Light. It's cheap to cast and all the spells help the empire army.

Sig spell is ok. It is fire so it can hurt reg monsters.

Pha's -1 to hit and no WM fire on 4+ ok

Light of Battle - Empire had only average leadership, so not taking test for a turn can help

Speed of Light - WS 10 + I10 helps every infantry/Cav unit in the Empire army

Net - It slows up the other guy. When you have 2-7 WM on your side this is a good thing.

Banishment - It's a magic missile and if you catch Daemons or the Undead armies it will really help.

Timewarp - Double Move, +1 ATT, and ASF.

Malorian
20-04-2011, 19:42
Life. It heals your stank and makes your halberdiers toughness 7.