PDA

View Full Version : High Elves First attempt! 2k

Dante blackfur
21-04-2011, 02:25
Ok so I've had HE for a while (Mainly since I have like 6 IoB boxes :p) SO i finally just picked up the book and got a list together, now I have most of these Models (again from IoB) but I wanted to get some advice omn the list before I sink another $300+ dollars on another army. :)

x1 Teclis 475 pts
Noble W/BSB 110 pts
x50 Lotherm Sea Guard W/FC 625 pts
x21 SwordMaster W/FC 345 pts
x21 SwordMaster W/FC 345 pts
x1 Great Eagle 50 pts
x1 Great Eagle 50 pts

What do you think? to cheesy? under powered? Like I said, I'm mainly using what I have ATM, but if I find out I like this army I will exspand and get more stuff, but I would like to know what you guys think I should exspand with. :) please throw C&C my way! Just remember, I've never done HE before.

thesheriff
21-04-2011, 09:28
Personally, 3 units of 14 swordsmasters over 2 units of 21. One needs banner of sorcery. Failing that bsb could have it?

If your bsb remains banner-less, armor of caelador, guardian phoenix?

Also, what lore?

Thesheriff

Brady
21-04-2011, 09:34
As stated, 3 units of 14 will work a lot better, plus your BSB really needs protection, your opponent gains 210 points for killing a model which I could kill by spilling some toblerone (;)) on. Armour of caledor and guardian phoenix are good. As for lore, life would work wonders in keeping you alive, but shadow will turn that sea guard block into one hell of a nightmare with mindrazor.

thesheriff
21-04-2011, 09:44
.....your opponent gains 210 points for killing a model which I could kill by spilling some toblerone (;)) on....

Lol. But true.

Soloution. Drop some seaguard (11) and get a lv1 Mage with lore of shadow, seerstaff. Mind razor machine. Your then free to take life on teclis.

Brady
21-04-2011, 09:48
Lol. But true.

Soloution. Drop some seaguard (11) and get a lv1 Mage with lore of shadow, seerstaff. Mind razor machine. Your then free to take life on teclis.

Sorry to thread jack, but answer my PM fool!

Not a bad idea, just move the mage out behind the unit of seaguard so when you chuck all your dice at mindrazor she doesn't blow up like a thermo-nuclear reactor and take half your seaguard with her.