PDA

View Full Version : Help with OnG

Not a word to the elf.
21-04-2011, 20:11
Hi. I mostly play high elves but I have a 2500 pt army of OnG and I need some help. The most played armies where I am from are Brets, WOC and VC

Thanks in advance

Squigkikka
21-04-2011, 20:17
That was uh... very broad.

Don't lose, that's my advice for you.

russellmoo
21-04-2011, 20:30
Put as many models on the table as you can- you will do just fine-

Not a word to the elf.
21-04-2011, 20:37
That was uh... very broad.

Don't lose, that's my advice for you.

Thank you very much, I hadn't figured:rolleyes:

In all seriousness I would maybe prefer help to not losing, sorry for being vague.

Oh ya and well sigged

Goldenwolf
21-04-2011, 21:08
Brets can be handled using Doom Divers, and Large blocks of orcs
VC can be handled using Doom Divers, and Large blocks of orcs
WOC can be handled using Doom Divers, and Large blocks of orcs

It's harder to give advice for more than that without knowing what you have and what you might see.

For VC having a hero with a Magic Weapon in each block is almost a must.

for WOC, hurting his large blocks, and maybe fielding Black Orcs or Big Uns would help.

for Brets, Chariots(especially 3 Wolf Chariot units), can be deadly along with Doom Divers and 50+ orc blocks.

Squigkikka
21-04-2011, 21:59
Thank you very much, I hadn't figured:rolleyes:

In all seriousness I would maybe prefer help to not losing, sorry for being vague.

Oh ya and well sigged

The thing about giving advice is that we need to see your army, and then the opponents :) We can always give general tips, but really, it doesn't help too much!

Not a word to the elf.
21-04-2011, 23:05
Here, this is what I have.

savage big/war boss

Orc big/war boss on boar

Orc BSB

Orc big/war boss

night goblin shaman

goblin shaman

orc shaman

50 orcs fc sheilds

29 ad. hw savage orc big uns'

50 ng with spears

3 fanatics

arachnarok

19 black orcs

5 boar boys

5 spiders

3 river trolls

boar chariot

russellmoo
22-04-2011, 04:33
I'm not sure there's much variance here- it looks to me that your best bet is to try and put all of your models on the table- minus a few characters, and the spider riders- the trolls and the boar chariot are good choices as support units-

The problem you might be having is that neither your savage orc unit, nor your blorc unit are large enough (a lot of people would also say that your night goblin unit is not big enough either)

So given what you have I would be sure to run all 50 of the boyz, and ng's, then run your warboss in with the savages, with a savage orc shaman and the shrunken head- also take a ng shaman (depending on your preference- but I would run the orc shaman as a lvl 4 because Hand/Foot of Gork wins games)

In fact this would be an ideal way to kill chaos warrior- high level of foot of gork and watch as gork stomps the chaos warriors to death-

I'm not sure about running only 19 blorcs- but if you want to bunker your BSB this might be a good option-

venomx51
22-04-2011, 07:23
For heavily armoured, no shooting type armies like WoC mangler squigs are great. They can only be shot/spell'd to death and do 2D6 S6 hits on any unit they pass through. They make a mess of Chaos Warrior armies :)

Bortus
12-05-2011, 22:11
Hey do those Manglers go by initiative or do they automatically go through a unit upon impact?

Wade Wilson
13-05-2011, 09:52
Its in the O&G army book. Yes they go right through the unit dealing the damage. If the unit moves into them then the mangler is removed but does extra damage.

Bortus
13-05-2011, 18:42
Ya I know it's in the book I simply don't own it yet. I'm a bad boy! :/

Malorian
13-05-2011, 18:50
They work like fanatics.

Bortus
14-05-2011, 01:07
Well hey then since most players at my shop use chaos maybe I should try them and see. Hmnn... You'll all have to forgive me for being so out of it concerning the new O&G rules. I got pneumonia back in December and I'm still dealing with post pneumonia problems which have been keeping me out of the game and the hobby shop for the matter! :/ Now if you'll excuse me I'm gonna go work on some Blorcs!